Most underwhelming tourist destination

18,544 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Petrino1
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aren't multi day Disney tickets tied to a person? So giving them away doesn't let the recipient use them?
aggiepaintrain
AG
NYC minus the 911 memorial
FarmerJohn
AG
My wife would vote for the Crazy Horse "monument". It's a ton of money to see some mountain with a face that someday is going to be amazing. Only it's never going to be finished. And you're supposed to feel guilty about it so you can't point out how much of a rip-off it is.
10Aggie10
AG
Miami
Pro Sandy
AG
brd79 said:

Plymouth Rock
This has to be the winner.

It's just a rock. Not even the rock or a significant rock. Just a rock.

M.C. Swag
AG
Honestly....Santorini, Greece.

The island itself is beautiful but the amount of people they cram on to it is absurd. They simply don't have the infrastructure to support half the people that visit on any given day. Oia especially (the famous blue dome area) is just too overcrowded. It completely ruins any vibe when you have to shuffle through a cattle chute to get from 1 place to another.

TXCityAggie
AG
That looks miserable. What part of year were you there? I was looking into a trip to the Greek Islands. If it's gonna be like that, then I might rethink it.
M.C. Swag
AG
TXCityAggie said:

That looks miserable. What part of year were you there? I was looking into a trip to the Greek Islands. If it's gonna be like that, then I might rethink it.
We were there last May. So just at the beginning of peak tourist season and it was still abysmally packed. There's literally hundreds of Greek islands you could visit and most of them get overlooked. I'd recommend doing some research on some of the lesser known ones and maybe skipping Santorini or Mykonos (at the very least your wallet will appreciate it).
Win At Life
AG
I was pretty underwhelmied with Belize. Basically no beaches because the reefs stop the wave action and let's the mangroves overtake the shore. We stayed out on one of the islands and the shore was a bulkhead with a little dirty sand brought in behind that. Took the boat back to shore and went to see the big ruins inland. But if you're not a world class scuba diver, there's no reason to be there.
Petrino1
I was pretty underwhelmed with Tulum. The beaches were ok, and a little far from the main part of the city. The restaurants were just ok and overpriced. There wasn't really anything that stood out besides this really good pizza place I found, everything else was meh.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.