Hard Rock Cancun and Hard Rock Riviera Maya reviews

1,581 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JMac03
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought I would share some information about each of these resorts as my family stayed at both this week.

Both resorts are great. Service excellent. Good food. Waiter service at pools and beach. Staff are very friendly.

HRRM I think is a better fit for families but it is about an hour from the airport. It is much larger and spread out. Lots of walking but they do have golf carts that run every 2-4 minutes. Lots of pool and beach areas. Water park area for kids. They have an indoor skate park/trampoline park plus ninja warrior course outdoors (called Woodward - this is extra $$). There is also an adults only side of the resort - it is more lively than the family side.

HR Cancn is much more compact. Much more lively. Much harder to get chairs around the main pools. Def a party atmosphere. Lots of chairs on beach. Beach area is def nicer but waves are huge and current was kind of bad. If you are VIP you do get access to two additional pool areas which are great - easy to get chairs and more relaxed.

Overall both resorts are great and I highly recommend. I have lots of photos - feel free to message me with any questions.

Texas Ag Mom
We always stay at the JW Marriott which is next door to the HR Cancun. We were last there in Sept & the sargassum was pretty bad. How is it now?
JMac03
AG
There was a little today. The past two days hardly any at all! Any by a little not enough to bother anyone. Def not like some of the photos I've seen from other places - but I know it can vary from day to day.
Seabreeze
Only complaints about Maya was the lack of beach front. Been twice and both times the man made beaches were covered (Sometime ankle high) in sea weed despite the netting at the cove entrances. Outside of that its a great place. Cancun i really have zero complaints about.
JMac03
AG
Seabreeze said:

Only complaints about Maya was the lack of beach front. Been twice and both times the man made beaches were covered (Sometime ankle high) in sea weed despite the netting at the cove entrances. Outside of that its a great place. Cancun i really have zero complaints about.
True - there is def less beach. There was zero seaweed this time around in RM. There was very little in Cancun. Nothing like the photos from other resorts in the past few weeks. We def were lucky.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.