Disney Vacations

69,645 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiepaintrain
lil99chris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big updates for DisneyWorld and Universal Studios came out yesterday. I am thankful for the policy change. I returned on Friday from a trip to Universal and DisneyWorld and this will be a huge relief for summer travelers. If you are interested in booking a trip, please reach out to me. I would love to assist.....

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/#drawer-card-faceCoverings

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/safety-faqs

Snake Jazz
After seeing this texags thread, I reached out to Chris Smith (lil99chris) and he booked and helped to plan our Disney World vacation. We got back about two weeks ago and we had an incredible time.

Chris was great...took care of just about everything and gave us all kinds of great advice about how to best organize and get the most out of the Disney experience. There is so much to do and it is a little bit overwhelming if you haven't been there before. Chris answered every question I had (no matter how dumb it might be). Not only that, but he essentially had to do this twice. We were supposed to go last summer, but Covid forced us to push it back a year. He helped us to reschedule everything and kept us up to date on all the things we needed to know about how Disney was handling Covid and how parks would differ this summer.

We had a great trip. My ten year old and my six year old had the times of their lives. We got to ride almost everything that was open, and only a handful of things were shut down. Lines weren't too bad...we had an hour-ish wait for a couple of rides (Rock and Roller Coaster, Avatar Flight of Passage) but those rides were so good that it was worth it. The table service restaurants were all great...expensive, but really good (sometimes worth it just to get out of the heat for an hour or so). Our favorite restaurant was the Biergarten at the World Showcase.

Not too many negatives...it rained for a good chunk of the day our last day there, so we didn't get to do a whole lot on our final day. The thing that stressed me out the most was trying to get into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. On the day we went to Hollywood Studios, I got up early to to do the virtual queue for that ride at 7 am. I clicked in as soon as it turned 7, and I didn't get in. Seriously, it was completely booked up in about two seconds. Fortunately, I tried again at 1 and we did get in. We had to cancel our dinner reservations that night so we could make that ride, but we did get in.

Rise of the Resistance was cool, but I didn't think it was worth all the trouble/hype.

If you are thinking about going to Disney World, I highly, highly recommend contacting Chris and letting him take care of it. I'm very happy that I did.
Rusty GCS
AG
Well, ***** I'll be at Disney next week. Was not aware of this.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Resurfacing this thread as we're going in December.

It'll be interesting to see how Disney/Universal pivot as the year goes. Agree or not, it is clear the delta variant is being pushed as a huge danger. If they return to requiring masks full time at least it is cooler when we're going.
Rusty GCS
AG
Masks were only required when on transportation this week (bus to park/resort, monorail, skylines) but the lady at the skyline said "don't forget your mask to get on, I don't care what you do when I can't see you" lol
Ken Adams
AG
Both Wdw and DL just reinstated indoor masks starting July 30. Absolute BS. We'll be cancelling our trip we had planned in august. Can't freaking stand the stupidity of these mask mandate flip flops.
dsharp90
AG
Yep, we were planning on going in September for a parents getaway for a week of Food and Wine. Haven't decided yet but probably going to cancel because of this.
Ogre09
AG
Hopefully it's gone again by November.
lil99chris
AG
Will be happy to help out anyone with Disney or Universal travel planning. I keep up-to-date on all news regarding mask updates, ride updates, dining, etc.

My services are free and you will be helping out an Aggie small business!
Bucketrunner
This bs will continue until the market forces them not to. So long as people are willing to be miserable and call it a vacation, it will not stop.
JDL 96
Universal is NOT requiring masks. They are only %93recommended%94. Disney seems to be alone in reinstating the mask requirement.%A0
Hincemm
AG
Bucketrunner said:

This bs will continue until the market forces them not to. So long as people are willing to be miserable and call it a vacation, it will not stop.
have you even been to disney?!
Bucketrunner
Yes
jbanda
AG
We went in January and had to wear masks. I assure you, it was not miserable.
JMac03
AG
Just got home from Universal. There were lots of people masking it up, even outdoors. Indoors would have been fine but man masks in 100 degrees outside would suck big time.
Bucketrunner
Good for you. Glad you had a good time. We can't handle muzzles, especially when we want to enjoy something.
Belton Ag
AG
Been putting off a Disney vacation because of masks and other COVID restrictions. We were thinking of going this coming April, but will not go as long as the masks are required. I think by then the mask restrictions will be gone again but we'll see.

TyHolden
AG
are they limiting park attendance and require masks or masks with unlimited attendance?
FDXAg
AG
Wonder if there is any chance they remove the mask restrictions by the 50th anniversary start in October. That won't be too big of an issue, but I really hope they don't shutdown or cancel some of the things again like the fireworks shows, performances, parades, etc.
lil99chris
AG
We will be talking about facemasks updates and other topics tonight. Hop on @ 8p.

https://fb.watch/78ajUVC18z/
lil99chris
AG

lil99chris
AG
General bookings for Galactic Starcruiser open on Oct. 28, 2021. Reach out to me if you would like more details or would like to plan a Disney or Universal vacation.

Sea Speed
AG
are they really making kids wear masks inside? how tf is a kid supposed to meet a princess when wearing a mask. if they are really doing that, disney is about to lose out on some of my hard earned money.
Ken Adams
AG
Yes, it's absurd. Universal never brought back indoor masking guidelines once they dropped them. No one seems to be in an uproar about that.

Disney character meets aren't really great right now. It's all distanced even if it's outdoors. If you want the interaction for your kids and a princess it might be best to wait until that changes.
Sea Speed
AG
Thats even more pathetic than I imagined. I'm very glad I checked because I almost booked a trip 2 nights ago. Not a chance in hell I spend money there now. It is unfortunate so many other people will, so they have no incentive to stop.
Ken Adams
AG
We've been a couple times over the last year. The character stuff and the indoor masking are the final 2 things keeping us from getting the same value we did as a couple years ago.
Hincemm
AG
Sea Speed said:

Thats even more pathetic than I imagined. I'm very glad I checked because I almost booked a trip 2 nights ago. Not a chance in hell I spend money there now. It is unfortunate so many other people will, so they have no incentive to stop.
how do you really feel?
jbanda
AG
Went to Disneyworld in January. Went to Disneyland in August. Both trips were fun, but we had a fantastic time at Disneyland. It may have been our best family vacation ever (kids are 6 and 8). Indoor mask requirements didn't really bother us at all. We'll be back at Disneyland in December whether they have mask requirements or not.

However, you'll never get me back on a cruise ship, Disney or otherwise. Did a Disney cruise in January 2020 and felt trapped and crowded the entire time. Maybe it's because I worked offshore in 2019, dunno.
jbanda
AG
That's me in the Rogue shirt with my son and daughter to my left. Again, a great time had by all.
lil99chris
AG
Getting close to 60 days prior to Christmas. If you are interested in a Disney trip in 2021, contact me. There are still resort options available.
Rollie2002
AG
We've been toying with the idea of Disney for Christmas. But when I go to book a resort it says its all booked for any resort. Is that not the case?
lil99chris
AG
Send me an email and I will take a look for you. There are definitely limited options (especially on lengthy stays).
duck79
AG
We are going in February. With the transportation bus service ending at the EOY, what service are people using to and from the airport? Uber?
lil99chris
AG
Mears Transportation. If you haven't booked, feel free to reach out to me.

Depending on the amount of people in your group, Uber or Lyft might have better pricing.
Sea Speed
AG
Any idea if they are going to let up on mask requirements any time soon?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.