Mexico All-Inclusive / Tainted Alcohol

8,602 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by La Vernia_Ag06
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yikes
UndergroundAg
This is very alarming and really makes me reconsider planning a trip to Mexico. Everyone should consider whether it's worth it to possibly die while on a trip abroad in Mexico.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's a culture of corruption and shady dealings. While they may be able to largely keep direct violence away from the resorts, it's funny to me that people think the resorts are immune to the culture.
RustyBV
AG
Any way to find a list of the resorts where alcohol was taken?
wcb
AG
Heading down next week. Fingers crossed.
Mustang1
AG
rusty v said:

Any way to find a list of the resorts where alcohol was taken?
Iberostar resorts were target #1.
Jock 07
AG
Don't know the details but I think there was a new state dept travel advisory just issued
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep. Issued two days ago. Warnings are continuing to expand.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/23/545528706/state-department-expands-travel-warnings-for-mexico-s-beachside-tourist-meccas

Quote:

In Quintana Roo, the state where Cancun is located, 169 killings were reported from January to July, more than twice as many as during the same period last year.

"In Baja California Sur, home to Los Cabos and Cabo San Lucas, 232 slayings have been reported this year, nearly four times as many as during the same period last year."
ww
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yep. Issued two days ago. Warnings are continuing to expand.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/23/545528706/state-department-expands-travel-warnings-for-mexico-s-beachside-tourist-meccas

Quote:

In Quintana Roo, the state where Cancun is located, 169 killings were reported from January to July, more than twice as many as during the same period last year.

"In Baja California Sur, home to Los Cabos and Cabo San Lucas, 232 slayings have been reported this year, nearly four times as many as during the same period last year."

Just came back from Cozumel in July, and it did feel a bit different, though that was probably because we had kids in tow. I was hoping they broke down QR areas more granular, like they did others:

Quote:

Quintana Roo (includes Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, and Tulum): U.S. citizens should be aware that according to Government of Mexico statistics, the state of Quintana Roo experienced an increase in homicide rates compared to 2016. While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted criminal organization assassinations, turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Shooting incidents, in which innocent bystanders have been injured or killed, have occurred.
...we stayed at Iberostar too.
Premium
AG
I guess no more all inclusives and just BYOB
Post removed:
by user
The Anchor
AG
We just got back. We didn't die or blackout! Although, we did get nailed by Lidia.
Quinn
AG
Just got back from excellence playa mujeres and had a great time. Never felt unsafe and never worried about the drinks while there, and I was prettt wary of going after all the reports came out.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Just got back this evening from four days in Playa. Never concerned about safety and all folks encountered the entire trip were friendly.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.