Memorabilia folks - need input

1,843 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by McInnis
CapCity12thMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Using the below as an example, would a game scorecard (such as 2023 WS Game 5 shown here) be something you, as a fan might enjoy as a memorabilia item? Nice frame, behind glass, colorful matting, etc.

I think it tells a story, in a nostalgic sort of way, much more than a photo or an autograph or even just a line/box score. Curious...

DallasAg 94
There is probably a market for it.

I've kept score before, but most fans haven't... so probably a narrow market for it.

IMO, most memorabilia captures a moment and doesn't tell the story. Something like that would tell the story.
_lefraud_
AG
Evan Carter stuck out 4 times?! Yikes
CapCity12thMan
AG
Also interesting 18 out of the first 19 rangers that came up didn't reach first base.
texasaggie2015
AG
I've seen scorecards like this being sold before. It doesn't do much for me, but like others have said, some would probably enjoy it.
Ag_07
AG
Not a big memorabilia guy but for me it's kinda meh. If it's hanging up in a frame someone is going to have to stand there and look at it and take the time to figure out what it is to appreciate it. As opposed to an autographed picture where you can walk by and instantly say 'Damn that's cool'.

It would be a lot cooler if it was some kind of official version like the original scorecard from the radio guy or the TV play by play. But just a random filled out scorecard doesn't do it for me.
JPN06
I agree with this. I'm sure there are some people out there that would like it, but I don't think it's going to have the general appeal of a cool photo with an autograph or a jersey.
Dr. Doctor
AG
I second that. If it was a page from the official rangers score keeper? Interesting.

Rando that did it? Meh. I could do the same.

AgRyan04
I keep score at most games I go to, and while that one is very neatly done, outside of it being my own scorecard - or the official scorers - I'd think it would be a very small market. One of my most treasured possessions is my 2016 World Series scorecard that I kept myself at Wrigley.....but I don't have it displayed anywhere .

Frankly, I can't imagine that was scored during the game. It's TOO neat.

Shoot, we were in Omaha and I had go to FIVE different places in the stadium before I could find someone who could tell me where to get a scorecard - because the first lady selling programs I talked to told me they didn't have a scorecard in them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
fc2112
I normally keep score and have a few of my own framed from games I attended. Not sure I'd buy someone else's UNLESS it was like the official one.
Ag_07
AG
This looks like a computer generated version. Doesn't appear hand written.

No offense to the OP but this looks something that would pop up on my Instagram feed.
CapCity12thMan
AG
yeah its not hand written, it is generated from play by play MLB data. The angle I was going is not that it was handwritten or not, but I get the point of it being handwritten makes it more authentic, but only if you knew who did it, or it was your own. I personally have seen plenty of handwritten scorecards and they are all sloppy.

Using MLB data, any game could be printed, framed, memorialized a variety of different ways and with quality - lots of games, lots of teams, lots of fans. There are some options here that might make it more appealing I am looking into. It captures the entire game, and there are stories and nuances that baseball fans might find appealing.

Appreciate the feedback.
Aggie Dad 26
I buy my fair share of sports memorabilia but 99% of the time its graded trading cards
McInnis
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

yeah its not hand written, it is generated from play by play MLB data. The angle I was going is not that it was handwritten or not, but I get the point of it being handwritten makes it more authentic, but only if you knew who did it, or it was your own. I personally have seen plenty of handwritten scorecards and they are all sloppy.

Using MLB data, any game could be printed, framed, memorialized a variety of different ways and with quality - lots of games, lots of teams, lots of fans. There are some options here that might make it more appealing I am looking into. It captures the entire game, and there are stories and nuances that baseball fans might find appealing.

Appreciate the feedback.

It wouldn't be so obvious if the home runs weren't such perfect little black diamonds. That's the one thing that kind of bugs me. The super neat numerals aren't so bad. But if I were a Rangers fan I would think it's a pretty neat keepsake.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.