*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

724,481 Views | 12520 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Proposition Joe
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.

HTH.
DallasAg 94

Centers around Minnesota:
v LAAA (2) <- Wash helping Rangers
v Cincy (3)
@ Cleveland (4) - 3.5 Games up on KCR
@ Boston (3) - 3Games out of WC3
v Miami (3) <- Done
v Balty (3) - WC1 but 1.5 G out of Div

Rotation:
Lopez: 28GS, 4.05 ERA
Matthews (24): 5GS, 7.36 ERA
Ober (29): 27GS, 3.77 ERA <- Tiring? 5.0 ERA in last 5GS
Woods Richardson (23): 25GS, 3.96 ERA <- Tiring? 4.76 ERA in last 5GS
Festa (24): 10GS, 5.08 ERA

I think Lopez is a legit threat, but Matthews, Woods Richardson, and Festa are young inexperienced and reaching beyond their limit. I think if you'd have a chance to rest them, they could recover, but I don't think they'll rebound.

Compare that to...

Eovaldi and Heaney who anchor a rotation where we'll be inserting Scherzer and deGrom. Bradford is more than serviceable to keep us in games.

If we only had Leiter, Rocker, and Dunning, I wouldn't be positive, but we also get Urena. We'll have 9 guys that can chew innings.
Mr Gigem
AG

rbtexan
S
Tavares and Garcia are likely on this team next season (barring trades) but they need to be on a short leash. A team can win with a good defensive catcher who hits .220, but you can't win with two of your starting OF's hitting .220 - especially RF. Garcia is at .218. That's Joey Gallo-esque.
Jimbo Franchione
sburg2007
Not looking so great tonight
KT 90
AG
Running out of outs and down 4-0, need some put some runs on the board.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
That's not a successful way to make a comeback in the standings.
Grapesoda2525
I've seen turds in my toilet more interesting than the baseball game we just played in Arizona.
sburg2007
Just finish .500 boys.
South Platte
This was actually our best chance to get to Gallen. Langford and Garcia had great at-bats and then Lowe looks like a high school freshman.
shack009
AG
Heading to Chase to see my only in-person Rangers game of the season. We may not win, but my shirt will remind the D Backs fans what happened 10 months ago.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Not going well for Bradford today
KT 90
AG
Mozart Paintings said:

Not going well for Bradford today
Yeah, he is not fooling anybody today with his pitches. They are teeing off on him. I guess they are going to make him take one for the team for a few innings.
shack009
AG
I'm straight up not having a good time.
DallasAg 94
BTW...for those w/out Bally's who are Blacked Out on ESPN+... you can select the en Espanol and watch the game. Maybe work on your Spanish...
KT 90
AG
shack009 said:

Things seem to be improving... bats are at least waking up

KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

BTW...for those w/out Bally's who are Blacked Out on ESPN+... you can select the en Espanol and watch the game. Maybe work on your Spanish...
I may be joining the "w/out Bally's" club soon, about done with DirecTV. ESPN fiasco is bad enough during CFB season, but then they emailed yesterday that they are raising the prices... lol
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I may be joining the "w/out Bally's" club soon, about done with DirecTV. ESPN fiasco is bad enough during CFB season, but then they emailed yesterday that they are raising the prices... lol

I only have DirecTv Stream so I can watch the Rangers. It is getting cancelled after the final out of the regular season. I hope to never need them again. I've had no local Fox channel for 2 years due to a dispute. I was able to watch FoxSports app until a few months ago when that started being denied.

I'm paying for YYTV this month out of necessity for football. I thought about canceling DTV and saying to hell with the rest of the baseball season but I just can't do it. There's still some hope, albeit slim.
shack009
AG
KT 90 said:

shack009 said:

It got worse
KT 90
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I only have DirecTv Stream so I can watch the Rangers. It is getting cancelled after the final out of the regular season. I hope to never need them again. I've had no local Fox channel for 2 years due to a dispute. I was able to watch FoxSports app until a few months ago when that started being denied.

I'm paying for YYTV this month out of necessity for football. I thought about canceling DTV and saying to hell with the rest of the baseball season but I just can't do it. There's still some hope, albeit slim.

Yeah, I am on the regular version of DTV (not stream) but same here, wanted to at least keep Bally's available through the season. I have YTTV right now as well, I think you can cancel within 21 days and not pay, but I am keeping the YTTV.
South Platte
shack009 said:

KT 90 said:

shack009 said:

It got worse
Live baseball games are for pounding stadium food. Don't make it more than it is.
shack009
AG
South Platte said:

shack009 said:

KT 90 said:

shack009 said:

It got worse
Live baseball games are for pounding stadium food. Don't make it more than it is.

No, I'm mostly joking. Plus my wife and I stopped at the sports book next to the stadium before the game and put some money on runs in the first inning and the game total over. So we paid for a couple drinks.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
KT 90 said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Yeah, I am on the regular version of DTV (not stream) but same here, wanted to at least keep Bally's available through the season. I have YTTV right now as well, I think you can cancel within 21 days and not pay, but I am keeping the YTTV.

I didn't get a trial version of YTTV because I am a returning customer. I dropped it so I could watch the Rangers. It's a little pricey to carry both but it's only a month so I splurged a little.
Mozart Paintings
AG
shack009 said:

KT 90 said:

shack009 said:

It got worse
and even worse
South Platte
Just not good enough this year.
shack009
AG
Almost felt like a slap in the face when Montgomery came in long relief…
KT 90
AG
Roster move to make room for Rocker:

AgEng06
AG
KT 90 said:

The phrase "DFA'd... for assignment" really challenges my anal retentiveness.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
AgEng06 said:

KT 90 said:

The phrase "DFA'd... for assignment" really challenges my anal retentiveness.

It should be "D'd Chase Anderson fa."
Grapesoda2525
What do you guys think of the next 3 days going Rocker, Degrom, and Scherzer?
Proposition Joe
Good peek at the near future of the Rangers, but I wouldn't get too wound up in what a couple of guys getting a few starts to close out a lost year really do.
rbtexan
S
Spot on. We won't know what we have for sure until next year sometime. You should never read much if anything into the late season auditions, good or bad.
Jimbo Franchione
Danny Vermin

Creed playing the other night.
Seven Costanza
AG
His voice actually sounds good

Super Aggie 64
AG
It's Kumar Rocker time! Let's go Rangers!
First Page Last Page
Page 355 of 358

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.