*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

726,368 Views | 12539 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by DallasAg 94
MrCoachEricTaylor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Bochy swag scooter
DannyDuberstein
AG
Forget a scooter, we need a full-on bullpen car for him. Except it will be a "call on the bullpen" car. The man is a 4x world champion; he needs to go in style.
DallasAg 94
It's just a little hitch in his giddy-up.
PatAg
AG
its interesting that we somehow didnt really lose any ground during this bad stretch
WestTexasAg
AG
PatAg said:

its interesting that we somehow didnt really lose any ground during this bad stretch
True, could have been worse. However, we are chasing two teams. 4.5 games back of both with only 53 games left. Better get hot quick.
Water Boy
AG
I think we lost 2 games in the standings. I believe we were only 2.5 back after the CWS series and now 4.5 back.
Grapesoda2525
Still feels like we're in it I guess. Next 12-15 are very important.
KT 90
AG
Evan has a 5 step plan for the Rangers to win the West. Just need to follow the steps he says. And looks like Mahle will be starting next Tuesday or Wednesday (mentioned in both tweets).

Water Boy
AG
The thing that concerns me is that it seems like our starting pitching staff as a whole has been underperforming lately. They were pretty good for a majority of the season and now seem to be regressing. We can't afford to have the pitching staff regress with this offense.
DallasAg 94
This is the weekend magic happens!

BoSox (Crawford, 6-8, 3.60) @ Texas (Urena, 3-5, 3.07)
Tampa (Baz, 0-1, 3.66) @ Houston (Kikuchi, 4-9, 4.75)
Philly (Phillips, 3-0, 1.80) @ Seattle (Woo, 4-1, 2.35)

Super Aggie 64
AG
Seager home run!

"It gets the Astros out front early!" - Dave Raymond
shack009
AG
Seager smash x2
Water Boy
AG
3 solo shots. Feels like 75% of our home runs are solo.
gigem1223
How bout a home run with someone on base fellas?
KT 90
AG
FYI if you didn't see it earlier, Scherzer to the IL with shoulder fatigue/strain. Pennington called up (LHP acquired a few days ago).
gigem1223
Pitching has gone to **** lately
Mozart Paintings
AG
Well it was fun to have the lead for about 6 pitches
KT 90
AG
Mozart Paintings said:

Well it was fun to have the lead for about 6 pitches

Yeah, Urena getting knocked around this inning. Need to make a move asap
sburg2007
Oh FFS. Why do they have to tease us so much?!?
Grapesoda2525
Makes you wonder how this group of guys won a World Series last year.

AggieRob93
AG
KT 90 said:

FYI if you didn't see it earlier, Scherzer to the IL with shoulder fatigue/strain.

Which will mean done for the season. Might as well keep Mahle rehabbing, and don't even think about DeGrom coming back.

Let the bats continue to flail about through the end of the year. They haven't found a groove through the first 4 months of the season, won't change in the last 2.
KT 90
AG
Disagree on deGrom. Don't rush him back, but I want to see him get some innings under his belt regardless. Help him be ready for 2025 at least, assuming things don't turn around.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
No hitter for Blake Snell.
Grapesoda2525
Sucks that we appear to be wasting a night where the offense puts up a lot of runs.

The starting pitching has regressed way way down. The jays, cardinals, and Red Sox have smoked our pitching and we are probably averaging 8-10 runs against the last 10-15 days or so.

Jimtim1216
S
KT 90 said:

Disagree on deGrom. Don't rush him back, but I want to see him get some innings under his belt regardless. Help him be ready for 2025 at least, assuming things don't turn around.

Agree 100%. Need both to get innings and back in the routine
sburg2007
Losing baseball makes me sad.
ryanhnc10
AG
Is giving up 52 runs in your last 7 games bad? Lol, this team sucks
Mr Gigem
AG
Meanwhile, Seattle bolstered their lineup and have been lighting up the scoreboard lately
DannyDuberstein
AG
Snell is an interesting case this year. A combo of hurt and suck for the first half - 9.5 ERA in 6 scattered starts. Then the calendar flips to July, and in 4 outings leading up to tonight he gives up 1 hit, 1 hit, 4 hits, and 2 hits, respectively. So tonight's no-no makes it 8 total hits surrendered in his last 5 outings.
AggieEP
Even crazier considering how good he's been recently, today was his first win of the year.
Grapesoda2525
ryanhnc10 said:

Is giving up 52 runs in your last 7 games bad? Lol, this team sucks
Yeah it's looking like "night night" is coming sooner rather than later. Season could be dead by august 15th or earlier than that.

Flounder Dorfman
AG
Was at the game with my sons last night. It became a unanimous decision that this team sucks.
KT 90
AG
Hernandez to the Mariners. He just couldn't regain his consistency following TJ that he had before. He may put it back together someday, but we too many people needing roster spots.

KT 90
AG
Bradford expected to get the start tonight.

KT 90
AG
Kumar Rocker update via Scott Lucas. And I have to admit, I thought he'd get knocked around in AA a bit since he is coming off of TJ and hadn't ever pitched at the AA level previously. Apparently they knew what they were doing:

Quote:

SP Kumar Rocker: 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 SO, 43 P / 32 S, 0.00 ERA

Kumar Rocker again breezed through a Double A lineup, and again I was struck by how fluid he looked compared to any iteration of his previous deliveries. He delivered two and four-seam fastballs, a power slider, and a slightly slower breaker that you can call a curve or a slider variant. I did not see a change.

Swinging strikes by inning: 0, 0, 6, 7.
First Page Last Page
Page 317 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.