*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

726,890 Views | 12540 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by CowtownAg06
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Solid lefty veteran reliever with an era+ of 135. Will definitely bolster the BP.
DallasAg 94
Bullpen Additions:
Rangers: Chafin (41G, 3.16 ERA, 37.0 IP, 40 SO, 1.378 WHIP
Astros : Fergie (42G, 5.13 ERA, 33.1 IP, 41 SO, 1.500 WHIP

Probably because other teams like us more.
AggieRob93
AG
topoftexasag said:

Looks like Chafin is heading our way. Not sure on return yet.

Knizner and Wendzel?
Grapesoda2525
Detroit actually sending us some decent pieces.
fc2112
What is that - four years in a row Chafin gets traded at the deadline?
gigem1223
Either way we def upgraded our hair and mustache game
AustinCountyAg
Quincey P. Morris said:

I may not be a rangers fun but I'm extremely jealous of this move. Dude just screams badass coming out of the bullpen
fc2112
I hope we sent them Foscue. Would y'all do that straight up?

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Waiting to see what we gave up, but I like this move just because it gives us two 8th inning guys: a lefty and a righty.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Who wouldn't do that deal?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Controllable thru next season ($6 mill team option)
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
So the Tigers are just giving up? They're aren't winning the Central but are only a game behind us in the wild card. Seems kind of knee jerk to throw in the towel. I don't think they're getting great prospects in return.

I wonder if we're giving up quite a bit and taking on a bat as well but only Chafin being floated out there.
Legal Custodian
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

So the Tigers are just giving up? They're aren't winning the Central but are only a game behind us in the wild card. Seems kind of knee jerk to throw in the towel. I don't think they're getting great prospects in return.

I wonder if we're giving up quite a bit and taking on a bat as well but only Chafin being floated out there.
7 games back of a playoff spot with 6 teams or so vying for it. That's a tough task, we'd be in the same boat except our division sucks donkey balls
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

2015 had then believing a deal for Flaherty was done.

They probably thought they were getting Vlady and all the best players.

They got a meh innings guy and now a horrible LH RP for Intl pool money.

Keep digging. Exhaust all flexibility to add cheap talent.

In my buddies defense.. he just said there was a lot of smoke, as well as Jon Heyman (allegedly)
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

7 games back of a playoff spot with 6 teams or so vying for it. That's a tough task, we'd be in the same boat except our division sucks donkey balls

I agree with you there. We don't have as big a hill to climb. But I don't see Detroit getting the splash prospects. I guess there are other trades to make, though.
DallasAg 94
I think it came down to where they are vs who is adding.

When you look at all the teams adding in the AL, they would need to buy just to keep up.

It's like getting to the turn on a 100M Free LCM... holding the wall and watching all the other swimmers returning... the farther they get away the easier it is to just get out of the pool.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
DallasAg 94
Well... and that we've added Scherzer, Dunning, Jung, Bradford, and soon Mahle. All for free.
Jimtim1216
S
Detective Jake Peralta said:

What if it was not accepted by their model?????
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
No idea the validity of their model, it was just the first place I had seen the return on Twitter.
DallasAg 94
That's how you do it.

#27 Prospect Montalvo. Looks like a guy that could be a really, really good SP... but is just too far away to carry on the 40 for a team looking to win Championships.

Lee looks like more of a project, but close. He may be able to clean up some stuff in a new org.

Detroit gets 2 pretty good Ps that could benefit them at some point... and we may look back wishing we had them, but knowing we couldn't wait.
DallasAg 94
I think it is just a model to tell fans whether the GM got fleeced. On the Bloss/Loperfido trade it said "Rejected." Obviously it still happened, but it gives Astros fans heartburn... and cause for Rangers fans to help affirm the Astros fans in how suck-ass the trade was.
fc2112
Good deal for Big Country. Three lefties in the bullpen now.
DallasAg 94
Because of the 3batter minimum, the BP Lefty v Righty dynamic has changed. It is still relevant, but different.

Last year when Sborz was pitching in the ALCS against Houston... was it Yordan who was coming up and everyone thought the Rangers would bring in a LHP... Bochy left Sborz in and Yordan looked totally surprised. He looked like he hadn't looked at the scouting report for Sborz because he was convinced we'd bring in a Lefty.

Without a Left in the BP in '24... teams might bring in a LHB to PH, however, with what we have now, it may be that a team decides to stick with their Righty.
Proposition Joe
Win tonight and you're guaranteed a 2-4 road trip which, while not sexy, keeps the season alive into August.
fc2112
While the L/R is not as important now, it's still nice to have another lefty not named Jacob Latz.
Tksymm7
AG
While true, let's not poo poo the ONLY lefty who's been in the pen all year and pitched to a 3.63 and 110 ERA+. Unless you were actually going for the fact that he has been indeed our only lefty all year and not a dig hahah.
Mr Gigem
AG
Please let Aroldis Chapman go to the Astros especially after the **** they talked about him and him being a criminal and how they would NEVER
Mr Gigem
AG
vander54
S
So who have we added? I've been out of the loop.
World's worst proofreader
WestTexasAg
AG
vander54 said:

So who have we added? I've been out of the loop.
cmiller00
AG
From Newberg:

"Joel Sherman (New York Post) reported in the last hour on MLB Network that part of the impetus for the trade of Michael Lorenzen to the Royals was that Chris Young was trying to do right by the veteran righthander since he signed with the Rangers in March with the expectation that he would be in the rotation and that opportunity was about to be taken away in Texas."

This kind of stuff pays dividends down the road.
DallasAg 94
That's the kind if GM I want... it is why I never expect to win a Championship. Sometimes doing right by a player isn't always easy.

Lorenzen has been trying to establish himself as a SP and his lack of proven durability worked against him getting a long-term deal.

He'll still get a WS Ring when the Rangers win it this year.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Just saw Wendzel was traded to Reds for cash. I couldn't find a tweet so take it with a grain of salt. He was DFA'd a few days ago.
DallasAg 94
Here you go rook.

First Page Last Page
Page 313 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.