*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

727,112 Views | 12540 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by CowtownAg06
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In that past 2 years Dana Brown has gutted the Stros farm for garbage. He's given up 7 prospects for a 41 year old JV, Kendall Graveman, and Kikuchi.

DallasAg 94
Some scoreboard watching...

Division (3.5GB both Sea and Hou)
Seattle (Castillo: 3.38 ERA) @ Boston (Paxton: 4.43 ERA)
Pittsburgh (Falter: 4.08 ERA) @ Houston (Brown: Brown 4.00 ERA)
Texas (Scherzer: 3.57 ERA) @ St. Louis (Lance Lynn: 4.17 ERA)

WC2 Minn (+1 over KCR)

WC3
KCR (Wacha) @ CWS
Seattle (Castillo: 3.38; 2.5GB) @ Boston (Paxton: 4.43; 1GB)
Miami (Cabrera: 7.04) @ Tampa (Springs: N/A; 3.5GB)
Texas: 6 GB

Rooting for Boston and their new SP Paxton that the LAD cast aside... The quicker we catch Seattle the more momentum we'll grow.
South Platte
Wow, tonight we face Lance Lynn in St. Louis. We've completed a 13 year trip around the baseball universe.
fc2112
I like how you don't even bother to look up the CWS pitcher. It just doesn't matter, does it?
gigem1223
Tonight will feature 2 starters with over 820 combined starts
DallasAg 94
Nope. I did include Wacha's name for recognition rights... but didn't even bother putting his number.

South Platte
Don't get me wrong, last year was amazing. But it was incredibly unexpected and I wasn't that attached to the random assortment of players CY put together that won it all.

These night games at Busch. Some wounds never heal. Something about that 2011 team that was so special. They had been together for a few years on the climb to the top. They deserved to win and should have won.
fc2112
I couldn't care less. 2011 was absolved and washed away last year.
Nagler
AG
fc2112 said:

I couldn't care less. 2011 was absolved and washed away last year.

Yep, the World Series exorcised 2011 for me. I can't imagine still hanging on to it after what happened last year and I'm one that carried 2011 hard.
WestTexasAg
AG
South Platte said:

Don't get me wrong, last year was amazing. But it was incredibly unexpected and I wasn't that attached to the random assortment of players CY put together that won it all.

These night games at Busch. Some wounds never heal. Something about that 2011 team that was so special. They had been together for a few years on the climb to the top. They deserved to win and should have won.
Indeed
Legal Custodian
AG
They are having quite the meltdown over on the Astros thread. But I get it, we would too if we made that bad of a trade.

The best thing though is seeing a tweet where self-proclaimed Astro twitter expert @michaelschwab was outed for using AI to generate a tweet for him and tweet it as his own analysis.
shack009
AG
Legal Custodian said:

They are having quite the meltdown over on the Astros thread. But I get it, we would too if we made that bad of a trade.

The best thing though is seeing a tweet where self-proclaimed Astro twitter expert @michaelschwab was outed for using AI to generate a tweet for him and tweet it as his own analysis.
There was a guy on premium last night overly sulking about recruiting, got called out for it, then apologized, saying he was just upset with the Astros trade.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
shack009 said:

Legal Custodian said:

There was a guy on premium last night overly sulking about recruiting, got called out for it, then apologized, saying he was just upset with the Astros trade.

Loperfido was their "savior" from Abreu earlier this year. Now he's "just a guy" that is up because Tucker is hurt. They've been wanting him up since last year. They're so fickle.
MattAg06
AG
You could almost set your watch to the "Loperfido is Aaron Judge" to "Loperfido is just a guy/too many holes in his swing/etc" narrative crystallizing with that bunch.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

shack009 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Loperfido was their "savior" from Abreu earlier this year. Now he's "just a guy" that is up because Tucker is hurt. They've been wanting him up since last year. They're so fickle.

That's called rationalization. I'd be doing it too if we dished all that for Kikuchi.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Seeing all these trades sure does make me want to trade away Heaney or someone like that
Water Boy
AG
We need the depth. And Heaney has shown he can be a bullpen arm. Unless a team wants to give us an Astros type deal, we should just keep him.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Yeah, I agree!
beagle2009
AG
Interesting nugget from Evan Grant here…

WestTexasAg
AG
shack009 said:

Legal Custodian said:

WestTexasAg
AG
beagle2009 said:

Seemed likely once he went for a second opinion on his back. Really sucks, especially being that young.
Water Boy
AG
That may be the best plan for the future. No need to rush him back. Whatever back issues he's dealing with, I hope gets worked out before next season.
Water Boy
AG
Baseball is a wild game. If I would have told you before the season that the division would stink, starting pitching steps up, bullpen is way better, and smith is playing at an all star level, you would have thought we would be up 10 games in the division by now. So glad we won it all last year. You never know when you'll get back there.
KT 90
AG
WestTexasAg said:

beagle2009 said:

Seemed likely once he went for a second opinion on his back. Really sucks, especially being that young.

They have said it is a reoccurrence of a similar issue that he had a couple of years ago in the minors. So hopefully they are consulting a number of doctors and getting input and ideas on different potential plans to address it (rest, surgery, different exercises to strengthen it, whatever else). Then make a decision on a course of action.

KT 90
AG
Water Boy said:

We need the depth. And Heaney has shown he can be a bullpen arm. Unless a team wants to give us an Astros type deal, we should just keep him.

Lol... would be great if the baseball twitter guys all started use "Astros deal" to refer to lopsided trades or teams that are holding out for a better offer

"Wow, they pulled off an Astros deal on that trade..."
DallasAg 94
Astros....

Quote:

New York acquired Ferguson from the Dodgers over the offseason. He has had a difficult season, pitching to a 5.13 ERA over 42 appearances. That's in part because of poor sequencing, as he has only stranded 62.2% of baserunners.

IYKYK
South Platte
I see Yamaguchi as equal to Heaney. I wonder if Houston would have given us similar return for Heaney?

Water Boy
AG
I was shocked when I saw the deal. I thought it was fake at first. Obviously you never know with prospects and they could end up winning the trade but that just seems like a deal the old Astros front office wouldn't do.
DallasAg 94
Gray, for example...
Water Boy
AG
I know Houston fans wanted Vlady. I can't imagine what Houston would be willing to give up to get him.
DallasAg 94
2015 had then believing a deal for Flaherty was done.

They probably thought they were getting Vlady and all the best players.

They got a meh innings guy and now a horrible LH RP for Intl pool money.

Keep digging. Exhaust all flexibility to add cheap talent.
South Platte
I watched the Loperfido interview from last night. Classy kid! Might have been too nice of a guy to play in Houston. I'm sure Yamaguchi is a social animal.
Water Boy
AG
Apparently they are still in on Yandy. With the other contenders in on him and the deadline fast approaching, I expect that whoever gets him will over pay.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
topoftexasag
AG
Looks like Chafin is heading our way. Not sure on return yet.
First Page Last Page
Page 312 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.