*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

725,259 Views | 12531 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by shack009
Water Boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just noticed that Seattle has SIX prospects in the top 100. They have to make a big splash before the deadline with an absurd amount of top prospects.

Edit: They have the #1 farm system per bleacher report.
DallasAg 94
1:35 kickoff, today.

IMO, for Scherzer, it is more about his health. The past couple outings, he has gone straight after the other team and I hope he does more of the same today.

I was concerned with the 1st & 2nd SPs for this 4 game series. We took care of business and need to do that again today!

I hope Adolis continues his base hit strategy and is more opportunistic on the big swings.
Mr Gigem
AG
They need to add 5 legit bats to their lineup to make any difference. It could be done, but they would have to gut their entire farm system. On top of that, they historically don't spend big money. Their current payroll is like $88million. The bats they would need, they can't afford. They would need to make wholesale changes as an organization moving forward.

Conclusion: they are cooked
rbtexan
S
"1:35 kickoff, today"

No sir. The Cowboys don't play until 8/11
Jimbo Franchione
DallasAg 94
Their Arkansas team was well represented in the Futures Game.
Water Boy
AG
That's a shame for their fans. They hit the jackpot with that pitching staff and couldn't do nothing with it. They could have easily signed JD Martinez as a DH and Matt Chapman at 3rd last off season. It wouldn't have made a massive difference but they certainly would be better. Those guys didn't sign massive contracts so you could have gotten them for cheap with no long term commitment. Not sure what their front office is thinking. But hey, their incompetence works out for us!
Tksymm7
AG
The Mariners have had one of the worst MLB lineups for a while now. J-Rod hasn't quite been the player they hoped he would (albeit still a good player), and they have made stupid trades trading away decent offensive pieces. If they want to sniff the playoffs they need go and get at least two impact bats.
Water Boy
AG
They locked up their star player long term for only 17 million AAV. Have best pitching staff with lots of team control. Have best farm system in MLB. If their front office can't even make an expanded playoffs with all those factors, I'm not sure what to tell you. Not to mention the division stinks this year.
Mr Gigem
AG
I don't know if I'm sold on their farm. I admittedly haven't done a deep dive on it, but I did a quick quick at their top 10, and which has several position players, and nothing really stood out. If those guys are so highly rated and the current MLB lineup they trot is so bad, why aren't we seeing any of these "top prospects" get a shot? The math just isn't matching for me.

And I understand it's a big jump from minors to MLB, but their top prospect is hitting like .240 at AA. You would expect better numbers at that level.
fc2112
The Mariners play in an open air ballpark next to the water in the Pacific Northwest (they just have a rood - it's not climate controlled.)

It's a dead ball park and they build their team around that premise. Ichiro was made for that park. As soon as they moved in, Ken Griffey Jr got outta town since he'd know his numbers would drop.

They'll always be light hitting, focus on pitching, lights out defense team. Not bad - just different.

Tksymm7
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I don't know if I'm sold on their farm. I admittedly haven't done a deep dive on it, but I did a quick quick at their top 10, and which has several position players, and nothing really stood out. If those guys are so highly rated and the current MLB lineup they trot is so bad, why aren't we seeing any of these "top prospects" get a shot? The math just isn't matching for me.

And I understand it's a big jump from minors to MLB, but their top prospect is hitting like .240 at AA. You would expect better numbers at that level.
I respond directly to this post, but also mention that I think the Mariners are a sneaky not super well run organization. They always seem to fall short or get left at the dance.

I also looked at their prospect list and tend to agree that none of them really excite me or do anything for me. I like Harry Ford, but he's a 5'10" catcher with average pop and average hit tools. The one guy who could be a dude is Lazaro Montes, who has real deal juice and hit from the left side, but he's 19.

It does feel like it's time for them to move some of these dudes and cash in on MLB ready help.
Mr Gigem
AG
I've been courted by the Mariners a couple times. Wife and I like the area and go up to WA every year, but I don't think I could leave my current situation. And quite frankly, they can't afford me

I'm going to be hiking Mt Rainier next week. Thinking about stopping in for a game afterwards
ChoppinDs40
AG
Nice area but more of a ****ehole than San Francisco is a lot of places.

No bugs though! Ultra expensive. PNW on some secluded property (Bend, OR) is my dream scenario.
DallasAg 94
It will be interesting to see how they develop.

Their Top Prospects are very young, but they have many.

Their '23 draft was spectacular for their ranking:
1.22 Emerson (Rank #29)
1.29 Farmelo (Rk 39) <- PPI
1.30 Peete (Rk 53) <- CB-A
2.57 Williamson (Unrk)
3.92 McGraw (Rk 84)
4.124 Smith (Rk 78)

Here are others in context:
1. Cole Young (20-AA-2025): MIF; 1.21 pick '22
2. Harry Ford (21-AA-2025): C; 1.12 pick '21

3. Colt Emerson (19-A-2026): MIF; 1.2 pick '23
4. Lazaro Montes (19-A+-2026): OF
5. Felnin Celecsten (18-Rok-2028): SS
6. Tyler Locklear (23-MLB-2024): 1B

7. Farmelo <- PPI Pick #29 in '23 (Prospect Promotion Incentive) @ A
8. Peete <- CB-A pick #30 in '23 @ A

12. Smith <- 4.124 pick in '23 @ A
13. Willaimson <- 2.57 pick in '23 @ AA
14. McGraw <- 3.92 pick in '23
22. Hopkins <- 6.187 in '23 @ A
30. Rodden <- 5.160 in '23 @ AA

Mr Gigem
AG
We usually stay in Seattle for one night, and that's mostly just to walk through Pike's market and then it's off to dinner/drinks at Von's 1000 Spirits. When we are done hiking Rainier, we come back to Woodinville to hang out for a few days.

For any of the BQs on here, I randomly bumped into Col. Brewer and his wife last year right outside Pike's market. He was the last person I expected to run into up there.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Nice area but more of a ****ehole than San Francisco is a lot of places.

No bugs though! Ultra expensive. PNW on some secluded property (Bend, OR) is my dream scenario.

Bend ain't much cheaper. Especially if looking for land. We almost moved there a couple of years ago but couldn't find housing that we liked enough.

Currently living in Southern Oregon and it's a great mix of good weather, good people, low COL (for west coast standards), and great outdoor opportunities.
shack009
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I'm going to be hiking Mt Rainier next week. Thinking about stopping in for a game afterwards
Third tallest mountain in America. It's a good time to see it. It doesn't have the attitude of a 1 or a 2.
Water Boy
AG
Hoping Garcia has another big game tonight. If he starts to heat up then we will be in good shape.
Water Boy
AG
Dunning has been activated.
DallasAg 94
I'm probably not the only one who saw Garabito go out to the mound realizing it was probably a send off.

Mahle tonight for Frisco.

Hopefully Scherzer is still the SP tonight.
DallasAg 94

Seager in.

Heim out (as expected/typical).
DallasAg 94
Would you include Dunning in a trade for Vlady Jr?!
investorAg83
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

In a heartbeat but I need to know who else would be included.
Water Boy
AG
Vladdy for Wendzel straight up.
Jimtim1216
S
Water Boy said:

Vladdy for Wendzel straight up.
Funniest post I have seen all day!
DallasAg 94
I'd wait to see how Knizner does today before I include Wendzel. Might want to include Danny Jansen (C) from Toronto if we include Wendzel.
DallasAg 94
investorAg83 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

In a heartbeat but I need to know who else would be included.
Dunning has 2 more years of Arb and Vlady has 1.

I would include Nate Lowe (2 more years of Arb) with Toronto paying most of Vlady's remaining '24 salary.

Lowe (28): .266, 8 HR, .356 OBP. Career .272, 81 HR in 627G
Vlad (25): .296, 18HR, .366 OBP. Career .281, 148 HR in 760G
WestTexasAg
AG

KT 90
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Wow. They aren't messing around with putting him at AA level. Might be a little rough going as he gets some innings under his belt.

Have they said what the "plan" is for him? Starter(opener type until he builds up), or just going the reliever route with him?

Chipotlemonger
AG
I was just in Bend last week. That's a great area.
DallasAg 94

https://theprospecttimes.com/texas-rangers-promote-kumar-rocker-to-double-a-frisco/

Quote:

He is scheduled to start the game on Friday. His longest outing in the ACL was 3 innings which happened to be his last start on July 19, 2024. I wouldn't expect him to pitch more than 3-4 innings.

Audition?
shack009
AG
Efficient start for Max.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Langford gets some pretty awful strike calls on him.
shack009
AG
My gosh... Wyatt gets hosed again by a strike call way off the plate. Should have been Ball 4..
shack009
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Langford gets some pretty awful strike calls on him.
At this point it seems like pitchers are doing it on purpose, knowing full well they will get the call. It happens multiple times a game to him.
First Page Last Page
Page 300 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.