*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

725,698 Views | 12534 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by DallasAg 94
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well hello offense…good to see you!
bmac_aggie18
AG
Did my starting first baseman just hit a home run off a fastball?!
sincereag
Let's wake the bats up!!
TefIon Don
AG
RIP to this dude's ERA
gigem1223
bmac_aggie18 said:

Did my starting first baseman just hit a home run off a fastball?!

Hit is an understatement. NUKED
Aggie Dad 26
3 hit game for Garcia. Hopefully he's "back" now
beagle2009
AG
Great game and series. LFG
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
beagle2009 said:

Great game and series. LFG

One more tomorrow
Water Boy
AG
Every team ahead of us in the wild card standings, other than the twins, lost today. I think most of us agree we will have to win the division to get in the playoffs but just something to note.
alvtimes
man I hope Garcia has been struggling due to his gigantic raise and trying to prove he was worth the raise…… wouldnt be the 1st time a player struggled after a huge contract. That bat would be a much needed addition
gigem1223
Scherzer needs to come out and shove tomorrow and put these clowns to bed. They want to be swept and we need as many Ws as possible right now.
Coppell97
AG
Rangers have won 11 of last 15. That's almost like a . . . 15 game win streak.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Hello Win Column!

50-52
Can the Rangers go 40-20 in the final 60 games for a reverse of last season?
sburg2007
Offense woke up. Let's see two big offensive nights in a row!
Water Boy
AG
We need to keep the pressure on Seattle and Houston. Force them to clean out the farm for trades. Meanwhile we just need to survive until reinforcements arrive.
Aggie Dad 26
Water Boy said:

We need to keep the pressure on Seattle and Houston. Force them to clean out the farm for trades. Meanwhile we just need to survive until reinforcements arrive.

I've almost given up hope on, Jung
Water Boy
AG
I saw somewhere that he start playing in the minors this Friday.
Water Boy
AG
Need a confidence booster from Scherzer. Last two outings he combined for 6.0 IP and 5 ERs.
South Platte
Coppell97 said:

Rangers have won 11 of last 15. That's almost like a . . . 15 game win streak.
DallasAg 94
Not sure if the intention of Scherzer after Eovaldi was to ensure a fresh bullpen was ready, but that is working out.

Eovaldi going 7.0 IP really helps the P and with the lead, we went Leclerc and Garabito.

Urenaj is fresh if necessary.

I suspect Heim and Seager may get days off.
gigem1223
Didn't see anything posted but Bradford went 2 IP, 0 ER, 3 Ks the other night in frisco. What a huge addition he will be to this rotation. Clear cut our best pitcher the first month. Cant wait to see this team with a healthy Jung, Carter, Bradford and deGrom.
alvtimes
gigem1223 said:

Didn't see anything posted but Bradford went 2 IP, 0 ER, 3 Ks the other night in frisco. What a huge addition he will be to this rotation. Clear cut our best pitcher the first month. Cant wait to see this team with a healthy Jung, Carter, Bradford and deGrom.

Im gonna trust Bochy to figure this out but I cant imagine sitting Josh Smith, who is the rangers best hitter, when Jung comes back….. good problem to have I suppose!!!
shack009
AG
Keep in mind that Jankowski was DHing tonight.

When Jung comes back, then Smith can still DH or play SS more and get Seager more time at DH. I know Semien wants to play every day, but he could DH or get a day off. Smith's versatility allows you to rotate half days for the whole infield group.

The really hard decisions won't need to be made until (if) Carter comes back. Then you'll have 8 worthy guys vying for 7 spots in the lineup. You probably play matchups then.
Grapesoda2525
Water Boy said:

Every team ahead of us in the wild card standings, other than the twins, lost today. I think most of us agree we will have to win the division to get in the playoffs but just something to note.
When you're not currently occupying a playoff spot, you just try / hope to gain ground on anyone ahead of you with each win. The Yankees have been really hurting and they've been losing just as much as the mariners lately. If we can beat the Yankees head to head, we might have a shot at catching up to them.
Aggie Dad 26
shack009 said:

Keep in mind that Jankowski was DHing tonight.

When Jung comes back, then Smith can still DH or play SS more and get Seager more time at DH. I know Semien wants to play every day, but he could DH or get a day off. Smith's versatility allows you to rotate half days for the whole infield group.

The really hard decisions won't need to be made until (if) Carter comes back. Then you'll have 8 worthy guys vying for 7 spots in the lineup. You probably play matchups then.

Jung's return may be what a couple of guys on the team need. While Smith doesn't seem to need any additional motivation to play well, who knows. Maybe he takes it up another notch? Offensively this team needs more out of Garcia and boy was he good yesterday
fc2112
We should not even be thinking wild card. We need to win the division.
investorAg83
AG
fc2112 said:

Yeah…this division won't be getting a WC spot.
Proposition Joe
Too early to state that as a certainty. Kansas City and Boston hardly world-beaters and both have a very difficult 2H schedule. If we're good enough to overpass Seattle, we'll be within spitting distance of WC3.
Water Boy
AG
Win 11 more games in a row and the wild card is certainly in play.
Jimtim1216
S
If this team went 40-20 in the final 60, WC is in play.

With 60 games left, IF this team gets healthy, they can definitely make it. It is a very big IF though.
Grapesoda2525
fc2112 said:

Too early to be picky. We need to be trying to gain ground on anyone and everyone we can.
Tksymm7
AG
I think we need to operate as if Jung won't be back for at least a few more weeks, and I personally wouldn't hold out a ton of hope Carter is going to give you much this year at all. Backs are incredibly finicky and not to be trifled with, as evidenced by Christian Yelich likely having season ending back surgery on an issue that has bothered him for years. We need to grind with the guys we've got right now, at this moment. The time to continue to make up ground is right now.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Agreed. Win as many games as you can and gain on everyone in front of you.
Water Boy
AG
Seattle and Houston off today. We make up some ground with a win today. I think most of us were fine taking 3/4 before the series started but would like to see two good offensive games in a row and a good outing by Scherzer.
fc2112
An old pro like Scherzer licks his chops looking at this Chicago line up. He can hang some good numbers against these bums.
First Page Last Page
Page 299 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.