*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

613,733 Views | 11466 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Water Boy
sburg2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This season is shot, it's not one game or one series. This team does not have IT. We have seen the narrative floated. If they aren't going to win for sure, they will shed payroll.
Mr Gigem
AG
GTFO then. You've been such a beating
CampingAg
AG
Can we find out where we rank in terms of first pitch outs? It's insane. Evan Grant made mention of this several weeks ago - a large percentage of our offensive half innings are just gone in the blink of an eye.
sburg2007
Hey, i gave them props when they seemed liked they were finding their stride but then they just brain fart back to where they've been this year. You have been just as annoyed too. My personal feelings were 5-1 was needed on this road trip. Not looking like it's gonna happen. I'll call a spade a spade. I'll still follow and discuss.

Sometimes you hit it hard right at people. Sometimes it doesn't go your way like seager's play earlier. We're now over half way through the season and nothing has really changed. Do you think it has? We can still talk ball. I'll still enjoy a game by game basis but, I just don't see THE RUN happening from this team.
CampingAg
AG
Hader could be playing for us if not for Bally.
gigem1223
If the end of that game is any reflection of our season. Our last 3 outs were Heim/Hill/Grossman. 2 of those have no business in this line up.
gigem1223
CampingAg said:

Hader could be playing for us if not for Bally.

Yates is better
sburg2007
That is the understatement of the day. CY went out and made the bullpen better with the money he had. Yates has been lights out and Robertson has been dang good too. On top of that Urena who could be in the rotation. I wasn't sad about not signing Hader at all.
sincereag
This lineup is atrocious. Two hitters are over .270 and one of them is J Smith. The other is Seager who is getting back on track. Garcia is hitting a putrid .216.
gigem1223
Welcome to the season!
_lefraud_
AG
sincereag said:

This lineup is atrocious. Two hitters are over .270 and one of them is J Smith. The other is Seager who is getting back on track. Garcia is hitting a putrid .216.

Go look at Seattle's lineup
gigem1223
_lefraud_ said:

sincereag said:

Go look at Seattle's lineup

Seattle is living on a prayer. Their rotation is legit, offense terrible. They've been pretty fortunate the first half. I still think come September it'll be Texas and Houston battling for the division.
_lefraud_
AG
Agreed…unless things go very badly this weekend and next for the Rangers, like 1-5 bad.
CampingAg
AG
Pitching always plays. But Seattle does tend to Seattle things.

Offense is down around the league, but we don't seem to have a lot of punch this year. Doesn't seem like we've had much of the runners on base, two outs, down a run, and a guy rips a ball in the gap and gets the dugout hyped, etc. Come from behind wins are certainly few and far between.
Grapesoda2525
Starting to lean towards selling again now. We really needed to either sweep Anaheim or win 2/3 / sweep Houston.

Looking unlikely at this point.
Grapesoda2525
Angels beat Seattle, but it doesn't really matter because we can't beat the team in our own state unless it's in the playoffs.
Coppell97
AG
Just go win today and let's see how it goes . . .
DallasAg 94
The Rangers are actually middle of the pack (8th) in the AL for almost every hitting statistic.
Tksymm7
AG
And it shows in our record.
DallasAg 94
But, not atrocious.
Tksymm7
AG
Exactly lol. Probably more frustrating too.
Tksymm7
AG
On the more fun side, Sebastian Walcott is the starting SS and Emiliano Teodo is the starting pitcher for the AL futures all-star team.
sburg2007

Evan Grant has posted a few pics of former ranger greats playing today. Fun little trip down memory lane.
fc2112
n/m
gigem1223
Semien first pitch blast
Super Aggie 64
AG
Marcus leadoff home run!
Dwb22
AG
Not a bad start
gigem1223
For ****s sake EVO
shack009
AG
Eovaldi not missing any barrels. Even the Altuve out was loud...
AggieRob93
AG
And turns into 4 straight singles for Houston. Looks like Nate doesn't have it today.
Mr Gigem
AG
Feels like Adolis could have that ball but let up on it. Probably cost us a run there
gigem1223
Evo can't miss a bat right now
gigem1223
WTF was the call there?
shack009
AG
Lol wtf is this ump doing..
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Foul tip
First Page Last Page
Page 275 of 328

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.