*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

717,367 Views | 12494 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by South Platte
Coppell97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Angels come back to beat the Mariners. Made up a game on both Houston and Seattle. This was a big win tonight.
only 4 games back. Amazing at this point. Great win tonight.
DallasAg 94
Adolis needs to get rolling.

.132, 1 HR for the month of July.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

It's so bad. He looks freaking lost up there. I'm not sure what was worse… when Kinsler would pop-up every AB towards the end of his career in Arlington, or whatever the hell is going on with Garcia right now.
DallasAg 94
Glad I can't watch all the games.

Kinsler was so hard to watch there in the end.
alvtimes
DallasAg 94 said:

Not sure if that team facility in Surprise is still open this late in season…..but man when Evan Carter comes back they need to send adolis there for 10 days…. hit off the t whatever…… I know he got a huge pay raise and the pressure is on….. but he is wilting.
DallasAg 94
Tomorrow should be fun.

We have a good match-up with Gray v Crochet.

Astros have Bloss going.
DallasAg 94
OH... its still open.

I wonder if he just bulked up too much.

Not sure what it would take, but Vlady Jr has been on my radar. He is Arb3 next year, so 1 more yr of team control.

Inserting him, Jung, and then Carter would be nice and likely jump start Adolis... or crush him when he gets dropped to 8th in the lineup

WestTexasAg
AG
What a turn of events! Offense not hitting once again, Yates gives up his first home run, and it looks like we are about to lose to the White Sox. We rally and win, Astros lose, Mariners lose.

Let's do this again Tuesday!
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Angels and Astros both lost as well
Proposition Joe
4 games back... Just need to win 14+ more in a row to have a shot at this.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
We're so lucky no one has taken control of the division. It'll be fascinating to see if Jung and/carter can help get us going. Carter wasn't exactly doing much when he went down but who knows how much his back was affecting him.
DallasAg 94
Technically only 13, but your point stands.
DallasAg 94
I just don't understand what the Mariners are doing.

Sure SP looks solid, but last night they had 7 of 9 guys in their lineup who are barring .210 or below.

They sent France packing. JROd is hurt and their leadoff guy left the game last night.
South Platte
Proposition Joe said:

4 games back... Just need to win 14+ more in a row to have a shot at this.

Legal Custodian
AG
So do y'all think 87 wins will get us the division? Both Seattle and Houston are on pace for 84-85 wins. Houston has been playing great as of early June, so their pace we have to believe is better than that (depending on if they're closer to early season Houston or post May Houston).

We are 100 games into the season as of today. If we need to get to 87 wins to have a decent chance at a division title, then we are looking at needing to go 39-23 over these last 62 games while Houston or Seattle just need to go worse than 35-27. That is a tall ask.

Although this 15 game win streak will help us for sure.
gigem1223
Interested to see how long the white Sox let Crochet go tonight being the deadline is near. I'd bet he goes no longer than 2 innings.

His last 3 outings:
7/16 - 1 IP
7/12 - 2 IP
7/6 - 4 IP
Tksymm7
AG
That's a really good prediction on number of games. I am a broken baseball fan this season, so getting another 40 wins feels like Mount Everest with how hard it was for us to get to where we are now. As evidenced by beating the White Sox last night. Every win just feels like a meat grinder to get through.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

Interested to see how long the white Sox let Crochet go tonight being the deadline is near. I'd bet he goes no longer than 2 innings.

His last 3 outings:
7/16 - 1 IP
7/12 - 2 IP
7/6 - 4 IP
Keep in mind, the 7/12 GS was just before the ASG and 7/16 was his ASG appearance.

He is on the trading block, so it will be interesting, for sure.
DallasAg 94
I think 89 Ws is the baseline of where we land and yes, we'll win the Division.

I'll post my statistic and word filled post 2ndary.

The net is...

Houston has 3 SPs, one about to pass his season limit and there is little if any ability to fill the other 2 spots with anything meaningful. They need at least 2 impact SPs, a RP, and a couple bats.

Seattle is starting to accumulate injuries in their lineup and while they have some great SP... they just can't score.
DallasAg 94
C'mon man... this is baseball... the good baseball is just starting.

We may have a hiccup tonight, but after that... we're rolling and momentum will continue to grow into the World Series victory.
DallasAg 94
Games like last night, IMO, are important.

It was really late into the season when the Rangers posted a come-from-behind W after the 8th. This team has shown some fight and ability to do the little things necessary to win. Not perfect, but certainly encouraging, IMO.

Last year, we blew teams out early and held on to not lose... both in game performance and season performance.
DallasAg 94
NOT for the tl dr crowd:

Regarding the Division, I think we are well placed to win it with the roster we have (including returning players).

I've repeated... Houston doesn't concern me with what they have.

Blanco is their best SP (19GS, 2.75, 114.2 IP). The most IP he has had in a season was 125. He is averaging 6.0 IP/GS and with 10GS left in the regular season pace, he could hit 185 IP before the post season.

Valdez is a legit post-season SP. We'll see if Brown's latest addition (sinker?) remains effective now that teams are getting to see his new approach.

After that, Astros fans were delighted with rookie Arrighetti (18GS, 5.65) last night and they get rookie Jake Bloss (2GS, 4.70) going tonight.

There is hope they can get VJ and Garcia (returning from TJ like Mahle) back, but they really need at least 2 SPs at the deadline. They have a terrible farm system and up in CBT territory, so it will be interesting to see how much confidence the Org has in '24.

Seattle could be entering disarray, as well. It is like they decided to tank.
1B - Ty France (.223, 8HR) was outrighted and could be gone.
CF - Julio Rodriguez (.263, 11HR) was injured this week running into the OF wall.
SS - JP Crawford (.204, 9 HR) the leadoff hitter was HBP and fractured his pinkie.

Last night, their lineup looked like this:
Crawford (SS): .204, 9HR
Robles (CF): .400, 1 HR in 26G, but only 45 ABs
Polanco (2B): .202, 6 HR in 65G
Raleigh (C): .210, 20 HR in 96G
Garver (DH): .168, 12 HR in 85G
Moore (1B): .208, 8 HR in 82G
Haniger (RF): .206, 8 HR in 85G
Rojas (3B): .241, 4 HR in 89G
Clase (LF): .195, 0 HR in 19G

Sure, they have great pitching, but yikes. 7 of 10 people in the lineup were at .210 or below.

I think we can sell a SP or 2 (mentioned repeatedly), get a BigBat (Vlady Jr) and maybe a RP as a net-neutral return.
GigEmAgsCaleb
Anyone have 2 tickets for tonight?
WestTexasAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

NOT for the tl dr crowd:

Regarding the Division, I think we are well placed to win it with the roster we have (including returning players).

I've repeated... Houston doesn't concern me with what they have.

Blanco is their best SP (19GS, 2.75, 114.2 IP). The most IP he has had in a season was 125. He is averaging 6.0 IP/GS and with 10GS left in the regular season pace, he could hit 185 IP before the post season.

Valdez is a legit post-season SP. We'll see if Brown's latest addition (sinker?) remains effective now that teams are getting to see his new approach.

After that, Astros fans were delighted with rookie Arrighetti (18GS, 5.65) last night and they get rookie Jake Bloss (2GS, 4.70) going tonight.

There is hope they can get VJ and Garcia (returning from TJ like Mahle) back, but they really need at least 2 SPs at the deadline. They have a terrible farm system and up in CBT territory, so it will be interesting to see how much confidence the Org has in '24.

Seattle could be entering disarray, as well. It is like they decided to tank.
1B - Ty France (.223, 8HR) was outrighted and could be gone.
CF - Julio Rodriguez (.263, 11HR) was injured this week running into the OF wall.
SS - JP Crawford (.204, 9 HR) the leadoff hitter was HBP and fractured his pinkie.

Last night, their lineup looked like this:
Crawford (SS): .204, 9HR
Robles (CF): .400, 1 HR in 26G, but only 45 ABs
Polanco (2B): .202, 6 HR in 65G
Raleigh (C): .210, 20 HR in 96G
Moore (1B): .208, 8 HR in 82G
Rojas (3B): .241, 4 HR in 89G
Clase (LF): .195, 0 HR in 19G

Sure, they have great pitching, but yikes. 7 of 10 people in the lineup were at .210 or below.

I think we can sell a SP or 2 (mentioned repeatedly), get a BigBat (Vlady Jr) and maybe a RP as a net-neutral return.

What happened to Garver and Haniger?
DallasAg 94
WestTexasAg said:

DallasAg 94 said:

What happened to Garver and Haniger?
When people look at the P in Seattle and think how great they are... if their hitters all suck, it may be ballpark/club related. Same with Colorado but the opposite.

Maybe the seasonably cold Springs and high humidity of the PNW results in hitting balls more like sponges. I'm not saying that is the case... but...
Water Boy
AG
Wish we were playing Seattle this month. Probably the easiest time to play them this year. Can't imagine what their fans are feeling. Had a cheap, great, healthy starting rotation and the front office wanted to go cheap this offseason. When you have a rotation like Seattle's that is that cheap you have to take advantage of it. May not have another opportunity like this again.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Has anyone seen the reason as to why Seager is out tonight?
WestTexasAg
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

Flounder Dorfman
AG
Thank you, sir.
KT 90
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

There is also a tough lefty on the mound for the Sox tonight . WHIP < 1 and 150k's in 107 innings.
KT 90
AG
Nice 123 first inning for Gray
investorAg83
AG
gigem1223 said:

His last 3 outings:
7/16 - 1 IP
7/12 - 2 IP
7/6 - 4 IP

I'd be shocked if he gets traded. Multiple GM's have stated that they see him as a bullpen arm in the back half even though the Sox have used him as a SP. They won't get the value they're demanding in return.

And if he does actually move, the price will surprise people.

Edit to add: those outings are abnormal. The 1 IP was the all star game. The 2 innings was cut short to give him
A chance to pitch in the all star game without wearing him out. The 4 IP was because he was at 95 pitches or so.

He'll go as long as he can.
Water Boy
AG
When I saw that Garcia was up I was sure we weren't going to score. Glad he proved me wrong.
Super Aggie 64
AG
El Bombi with the RBI and steal on his ring night!
Cappo
AG
eeeey Adolis!
First Page Last Page
Page 295 of 357

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.