*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

692,636 Views | 12343 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by bmac_aggie18
sburg2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Urena hurt now too?
Ag Since 83
AG
Just your standard hit to the right side of the infield for the 5-6 put out
rbtexan
S
He threw 95 pitches
Jimbo Franchione
KT 90
AG
Tksymm7 said:

He's been SO bad I don't know how they haven't at least thought about sending him down for a bit. He's still only 21. Don't ruin him.

I'll find it later or tomorrow , but one of the beats asked Bochy a day or two ago. Not happening. Said he will learn from this experience.
toucan82
know what would be cool?

a couple of Ranger runs
KT 90
AG
Errrr, dropped another one.

Need to win tomorrow in a bad way.
Ag Since 83
AG
Just like that game against Houston where they scored 5 off that minor league pitcher before the first out, and then 0 the rest of the way
toucan82
aw damn

get 'em tomorrow
sburg2007
I had radio on and Sandler made it sound like he was out to warm up then trainer came out.
Grapesoda2525
I think it's amazing that 1 of 2 things haven't happened at all during this skid.

1) one of our pitchers throws a gem and takes the game for us

2) the other teams lineup basically not showing up and putting up only 0 or 1 runs.

Not catching any of these teams at the right time.

Grapesoda2525
Danny Vermin said:

At least the Mariners are sucking as well.
Don't think it matters much because the Astros are winning games like crazy.
Water Boy
AG
Coming in twins have won 3 out of their last 10. It's not that we are catching teams at a bad time. We just suck at the moment.
Grapesoda2525
We have an opportunity to slow down some of the bleeding the next week or so. We have off days on Monday and Thursday. We're facing mediocre teams / pitching in those games if we could just figure out a way to go 3/4 it would get us to June and a winnable series with the marlins.

I'm assuming June is when we were hoping to get some reinforcements?
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

We have an opportunity to slow down some of the bleeding the next week or so. We have off days on Monday and Thursday. We're facing mediocre teams / pitching in those games if we could just figure out a way to go 3/4 it would get us to June and a winnable series with the marlins.

I'm assuming June is when we were hoping to get some reinforcements?

Not sure, haven't seen a recent update on Scherzer, which may not be good. He will need to do a rehab start or two once he is ready and those haven't happened nor have I heard about him being scheduled for a start. Maybe I missed it.

Bradford seems to keep getting pushed further out. No telling on him.

I think Eovaldi should be ready soon? Then Gray just went on the IL but supposedly will be a short stay for him.

Rest of them are further out.

Tksymm7
AG
Eovaldi is the only one that should be back within the next week, then Gray should be back as soon as his IL stint is over. Scherzer and Bradford will be out until mid July, Mahle the end of July and the deGrom in August sometime. Jung will also be the end of June or so. All in all it's not getting better anytime soon.
sburg2007
I think it's time we all sit back and realize "maybe all those reinforcements aren't coming back early or on time." I hate saying it but, the IL isn't trending upwards yet.
Tksymm7
AG
No it's not, and unless the offense just figures out how to go nuclear, it's going to be an incredibly long summer. I am preparing for a "let's just make sure everyone is back and healthy going into next year" end of the season.
rbtexan
S
The potentially ongoing problem I see with the Rangers is that although they're loaded with star power, almost all of those players are injury prone. Seager, deGrom, Eovaldi, Jung....even Scherzer due mostly to age. The Rangers clearly knew that when they acquired all those guys, but they had to believe that they wouldn't all be injured at the same time - and unfortunately that's what's happened this season. Going forward, I wouldn't be terribly optimistic that the guys who have missed significant time up til now will not have the same problems in the future, especially the older guys.

I also think they've made some evaluation blunders in either assuming that certain young players were ready to step up, or in signing/trading for stiffs like Grossman just because there's familiarity there and because they're good clubhouse guys. Not saying that last part isn't important, but I don't really care how great a teammate the Brad Millers of the world are if they can't produce.
Jimbo Franchione
Tksymm7
AG
I am pretty concerned with what is going on with Evan Carter. I think Langford will be fine after some time in the bigs, as he's got all the tools and a good swing that only needs to be tweaked, but Evan Carter has a massive hole in his swing and striking out at an increasing rate.

I also have had the thought about hitching our wagon to vets who are often injured. It is what it is on that front.
rbtexan
S
I said repeatedly last season that we shouldn't rush Carter to the big leagues club....he performed amazingly in September and the post-season, but he still arrived ahead of schedule - and that's what we're seeing now IMO.

You simply can't overstate the difference between the minors and the majors. I had hoped Carter would get a full season in the minors last year and at least part of this season as well, but it's completely understandable that everyone would assume he would be fine after the way he played late last season (myself included). He probably should go down to AAA and work on some stuff, but I don't think that'll happen, in the short term at least, because there's not a ton of options to replace him.

Generally speaking, if your team is relying on more than one rookie to produce, it's a big potential problem. And that's what we're seeing.
Jimbo Franchione
Coppell97
AG
Rangers are winning today. Breaking the streak.
sburg2007
Injuries happen. I'm not gonna say Jung is injury prone. Soft tissue injuries some players are prone to but a broken hand while catching a 100+ mph batted ball and smoked in the wrist are hardly "prone." Max has no injury history until he hit 37 years old. Bodies just break down.

There's something to be said about spring training, six months of a season, another month of postseason then back three months later for spring training.
Jimtim1216
S
In reference to Carter, I agree about sending him down. I think expectations were too high for him this season. Also, what he needs is AB's every day. Think sitting him as frequently as we have is detrimental to his confidence and development.
cmiller00
AG
Taken from Newberg:

In his first pro season (2021), Evan Carter played 32 games (146 plate appearances) and was done in mid-June, due to a stress fracture in his lower back. He played a full season in 2022, but it amounted to only 110 games (495 plate appearances) between April 8 and September 27.

In 2023, including the playoffs, Carter played 148 games (660 plate appearances)

It wasn't only the biggest workload of Carter's life it was 165 plate appearances more than his second most, which in itself was over 300 plate appearances more than he'd ever experienced

Heim logged 572 plate appearances in 2023 not to mention an insane defensive workload down the stretch, hardly getting a day off the final two months, which is highly unusual for a catcher after a career-most 450 the year before.

Garcia, who looks like he's been dealing with some leg issue all season: 700, after no more than 657 in any previous season.

Lowe: 796, after highs of 645 and 642.

Taveras: 638, after 562 the year before (with three minor-league seasons around 580).

Marcus Semien's 835 plate appearances, including the postseason, were the most in MLB history
KT 90
AG

WestTexasAg
AG
Hell yeah Duran! Ball landed in the upper deck and Dave waited til well after someone someone caught it to yell gone.
KT 90
AG
Duran with a solo bomb (of course it was solo) to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead. 5th inning.
shack009
AG
Great stuff from Lorenzen. Walked in a run in the first on nearly 30 pitches and is now through 5 at about 80 pitches. Also pitched around a leadoff double in there somewhere.
shack009
AG
Leody staying hot with an RBI double. Also had a really loud out earlier.
KT 90
AG
Make it 3-1 Rangers, Taveras hit one off the wall to drive in Smith.

shack009
AG
Lorenzen through 6. Twins starting to find some barrels so it may be time to pull him. Bottom of the order due up for them in the 7th, though, so maybe Boch lets him try to get one more.
KT 90
AG
Great.... now they are checking out Lorenzen..... ankle or something?
shack009
AG
Here we go... Lorenzen came out to warm up for the 7th and now the trainers are looking at him... Something with his leg.
Coppell97
AG
Looking like cramp.
shack009
AG
Appears to be just cramps.
First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 353

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.