***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,617,553 Views | 65015 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by AggieJ2002
Kashchei
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Can I get odds on the first pitch being a head-high fastball and Altuve popping it up?
Farmer1906
AG

I am digging these.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
I would start Chas if available, but otherwise would start Heyward against the LHP.

I would not give Dubie any starts in the playoffs unless there is an individual matchup to like.

And if Chas is able to hit like he did in September after coming back up, he should eat into Meyer's playing time as well when there is a RHP on the mound.
htxag09
AG
I'd pull a "he whose name we shall not speak" and pull him now.

Edit: should have….
Proudag06
AG
Anyone know if the ABC game will also be available on watchespn app or only ESPN+?

EastCoastAgNc
AG
jkag89
It has been for college football this season. Not sure for other sports.
BTKAG97
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

So, 1st pitch Crawford Special?
BTKAG97
AG
iBrad said:

BadAggie said:

Frok said:

Baseball needs to fire all of its executives. Young people in general do not watch baseball. Then there's me, I really like it but I won't watch one moment of my team in the playoffs because of the archaic scheduling.

Do not understand non-weekend day playoff games in any sport.
MLB can't stagger games with multiple off days like the NBA and NHL to play all prime time games. Teams would be able to use fewer starters.

I guess the question is, what leads to more viewership overall? Afternoon games or playing games at the same time?
If the reasoning for playing teams in the afternoon is "because no one watches them", would it matter if the games were played at the same time as 2 other teams?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
So..uhh...the Braves have decided to go full wheels off
Faustus
6 hits (including 2 doubles and a HR), a walk, and stolen base so far in the top of the 8th off four Braves pitchers - and it looks like the Braves are going to have to Burn Sales in game 2.

htxag09
AG
For the 1,000th mistake these announcers are making. They've now called Maton Young about 10 times.
Farmer1906
AG
Call me crazy, but I would not use Sale. I'd use a triple A arm or whoever their 6th starter would be. I don't think any GM/manager would have the balls to do it.

My logic:
It is more likely to beat the Mets when they have an incentive not to try or play key players than it would be to win a WC series without Sale, Schwellenbach, Morton, and no Fried and Lopez until games 2 and 3 unless they go on short rest.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Call me crazy, but I would not use Sale. I'd use a triple A arm or whoever their 6th starter would be. I don't think any GM/manager would have the balls to do it.

My logic:
It is more likely to beat the Mets when they have an incentive not to try or play key players than it would be to win a WC series without Sale, Schwellenbach, Morton, and no Fried and Lopez until games 2 and 3 unless they go on short rest.

You're crazy.

Farmer1906
AG

If the Cards would cover half the cost of Arenado and take just a pair of non top 20 prospects, I'd think about it.

He can still play D and the other options are terrible. Plus his contract gets relatively cheap the last 4 years.

I'd give up a large package to get Contreras if he had somewhere to play him.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

My logic:

It would be a very long offseason if that backfired and you left Sale on the bench. You gotta win today and worry about tomorrow after notching the win.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

My logic:

It would be a very long offseason if that backfired and you left Sale on the bench. You gotta win today and worry about tomorrow after notching the win.

I 100% get that logic. But are we playing to just make the WC or give ourselves a shot at a title? With how random a 3 game series is, it might be worth it just to get there. I lean the other way.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
RED AG 98
AG
Getting interesting. Braves score 1 vs Diaz on an infield single.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Hornbeck
AG
Mets up. Braves threatening.
htxag09
AG
Why are pitchers so dumb? Amazing how often mlb pitchers don't cover.
Marvin
AG
Brain freeze trying to clinch? Ouch.
htxag09
AG
No control and getting squeezed. Not a good combo.
Farmer1906
AG
The Mets and Braves game is drunk.
Marvin
AG
What a game. This is awesome.
Beau Holder
AG
Farmer jinxed the Mets
Hornbeck
AG
Marvin said:

What a game. This is awesome.

Wwwwooooowwwww
RED AG 98
AG
Oooooof. Mets' fans really hurting now
EastCoastAgNc
AG
They don't call him edlose diaz for nothing...
jkag89
iBrad said:

BadAggie said:

Frok said:

Baseball needs to fire all of its executives. Young people in general do not watch baseball. Then there's me, I really like it but I won't watch one moment of my team in the playoffs because of the archaic scheduling.

Do not understand non-weekend day playoff games in any sport.

MLB can't stagger games with multiple off days like the NBA and NHL to play all prime time games. Teams would be able to use fewer starters.

I guess the question is, what leads to more viewership overall? Afternoon games or playing games at the same time?
1) Baseball is an everyday game. Changing that for the postseason allows teams with suspect pitching to benefit while hindering the advantage of those with deep staffs.

2) Both the NBA and NHL playoffs take 2+ months to play out. Baseball is primarily played outdoors, do we really want postseason games in late November?
Hornbeck
AG
You know they're going to split, and keep the snakes at home… but they are going to kill their pitching doing it
Farmer1906
AG
Beau Holder said:

Farmer jinxed the Mets
Same logic for the Mets. I know Severino ain't in the same league as Sale, but I'd save him too. Looks like the Mets are destroying Diaz now. No way he can go tomorrow or, obviously, game 2.
First Page Last Page
Page 1823 of 1858

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.