***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,506,532 Views | 63052 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Mr President Elect
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nobody was at those lame duck Chris Chandler games in the Dome in 96
jkag89
The Beef01
AG
Pahdz said:

nobody was at those lame duck Chris Chandler games in the Dome in 96

Oh, FFS! I give up…it was the gif from Arrested Development of Tobias declaring "There are dozens of us..DOZENS!"
Chrundle the Great
AG
Prosperdick said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Prosperdick said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

How anyone cannot be romantic about baseball is beyond me

I feel for their fans...kinda reminds me of when Bud Adams moved the Oilers to Tennessee.
the oilers were beloved in Houston and packed the Astrodome. The As averaged 11,000 fans per game this year which is last place in MLB by far. Even the CWS averaged 6k more fans a game and they lost 120+ games. The Oakland fans quit on their team and are showing love now because it's over.
Fair point, I said "reminded me" of that situation. However, I bet if Bud let the team go like the A's they wouldn't pack the Dome every Sunday. We certainly weren't packing the Juice Box when the team was tanking.

I've looked before, Houston was dead last in home attendance their last year too. Mostly getting ~20k into a 62k seat dome. Nobody wants to support an owner actively working against you/your home.

And the A's divorce has been even longer/messier than the Oilers was. Go back before Fisher started toying with moving and they had good-decent teams and their attendance was right there with the rest of the mlb in the mid 20s.
Ags #1
AG
Twins had bases loaded and no outs and only got 1 run to tie it up
Pahdz
I'm sure it was hilarious
jja79
AG
I went to 5 games that year and you could sit anywhere because the dome was a ghost town.
Ags #1
AG
Twins 2-15 risp. Ouch
W
AG
if the Twins lose...

it takes a lot of pressure off the Tigers and Royals

both could have their aces ready for wildcard game 1
Mr.Bond
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Prosperdick said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

How anyone cannot be romantic about baseball is beyond me

I feel for their fans...kinda reminds me of when Bud Adams moved the Oilers to Tennessee.
the oilers were beloved in Houston and packed the Astrodome. The As averaged 11,000 fans per game this year which is last place in MLB by far. Even the CWS averaged 6k more fans a game and they lost 120+ games. The Oakland fans quit on their team and are showing love now because it's over.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mathguy64
AG
I know money drives where players end up, but Alex might want to look at where the money took George and Carlos. It took them to teams that are done by the time October rolled around. Breggy is about to play in his 8th straight playoffs. Money can't buy that.
Ags #1
AG
Wow the twins are bad at bunting too
txags92
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I know money drives where players end up, but Alex might want to look at where the money took George and Carlos. It took them to teams that are done by the time October rolled around. Breggy is about to play in his 8th straight playoffs. Money can't buy that.
Yeah but the union guys and his agent will be in his ear telling him that if he takes less than "he is worth" to stay in Houston, he hurts other guys who need the money because his contract will be used to benchmark others. He has the option to tell his agent "work out the best deal you can get with Houston" instead of opening himself up to the free agent market, but I can't see that happening.
stoneca
Who would y'all rather play? Tigers or Royals
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Royals. No hesitation.
W
AG
more than likely the Astros will face the 1-2-3 of either team

the Royals-Braves are going to be rained out tomorrow -- right?

so if Baltimore beats the Twins...KC clinches before the series vs. Atlanta starts
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

more than likely the Astros will face the 1-2-3 of either team

the Royals-Braves are going to be rained out tomorrow -- right?

so if Baltimore beats the Twins...KC clinches before the series vs. Atlanta starts

If that happens, Atlanta might have to do back to back days if double headers. Even if they make the playoffs, their pitching will be ruined
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Mr President Elect
AG
stoneca said:

Who would y'all rather play? Tigers or Royals
Royals. We just had a 4 game sweep against them at home and the Tigers have been one of the hottest teams since the AS break.
First Page Refresh
Page 1802 of 1802

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.