***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,362,041 Views | 61021 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by W
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tjack16 said:

Twisted Helix said:

No

Why would you have him on it based on his current performances? Playoffs aren't the time for the "back of the baseball card" argument.

Unless he turns it around tonight and going forward he won't be on until maybe the ALCS when it's a 7 game series

I don't think they're leaving a future HOF off the postseason roster. He may not pitch, but I'm not sure he's getting left off.
W
AG
the bottom half of the Angels lineup is awful

JV should be able to handle these guys
Beat40
Twisted Helix said:

What happened to 2015? I'd like to hear him opine on JV.

What's to opine about? He's an older fellow whose FB velocity is down ( I'm honestly impressed he's still hitting 94-95 at his age) who is basically in the first month of his season at this point. He's essentially had to reset his season for how long he was out.
txags92
AG
Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

Twisted Helix said:

No

Why would you have him on it based on his current performances? Playoffs aren't the time for the "back of the baseball card" argument.

Unless he turns it around tonight and going forward he won't be on until maybe the ALCS when it's a 7 game series

I don't think they're leaving a future HOF off the postseason roster. He may not pitch, but I'm not sure he's getting left off.
What role is he going to fill? Why on earth would you carry a guy who you can't trust with a start and who you have no idea how he would pitch as a reliever and use him as a dead spot on your roster? With the rotation we have now and the bullpen arms we know we can (usually) rely on, whose spot are you going to give him?
htxag09
AG
I'm very confused by mlb rules. How's rock the baby illegal but this guys motion isn't?
Beat40
txags92 said:

Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

Twisted Helix said:

No

What role is he going to fill? Why on earth would you carry a guy who you can't trust with a start and who you have no idea how he would pitch as a reliever and use him as a dead spot on your roster? With the rotation we have now and the bullpen arms we know we can (usually) rely on, whose spot are you going to give him?

I'm just saying I think Dana isn't going to leave him off, especially if he sharpens up his last two starts.

Mathguy64
AG
Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

Twisted Helix said:

No

It's pointless to put him on the WC roster unless you plan on him starting game 3. He's not coming out of the pen.
Project Gemini
AG
htxag09 said:

I'm very confused by mlb rules. How's rock the baby illegal but this guys motion isn't?
Yes
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

Twisted Helix said:

No

It's pointless to put him on the WC roster unless you plan on him starting game 3. He's not coming out of the pen.

If he gets left off one, it's probably that one.

What I'm saying is what I think DANA will do. I don't think Dana is leaving him off the roster. I could be wrong, of course.
txags92
AG
Ump giving the Angels some makeup calls for those 1st inning strikes they gave JV.
Mathguy64
AG
5 total LOB, 3 RISP.
Mathguy64
AG
He just doesn't have a put away fastball.
jkag89
JV is going to owe the OFers a beer or three after this game.
PoppaB05
AG
That was a hanger
W
AG
JV has struck out 2 of the 18 batters he's faced

that's not vintage JV
Mathguy64
AG
It's just all offspeed stuff. Changeuos, curves and sliders.
W
AG
177 season hits for Altuve

real shot at reaching 190 for the year
Mathguy64
AG
Yordonger.
Twisted Helix
Cuban Missle
jetch17
AG
DONG
W
AG
oh, that's nice

HR #34

84 RBI
BadAggie
AG

Mathguy64
AG
19*, 432 ft. That thing probably never got above the top of the field box seats.
JuneBug07
AG
Absolutely smashed. 400+ ft line drive. Unreal!
jkag89
Yordan is a Bad Bad Man!
JuneBug07
AG
Too lazy to look it up, but if Tuve continues at his .300 Avg for a few more seasons, can he get to 3000 hits?
Mathguy64
AG
Blue. Dude. Thats the other batters box.
Mathguy64
AG
Thanks Blue. Give Vic another pitch and he makes you pay for it.
AggiEE
Nice insurance run after getting ****ed by blue
jkag89
Thanks Blue!

Good job Victor!
JuneBug07
AG
Caratini told the ump F*** you Jobu! I'll do it myself.
Twisted Helix
Brad Ausmus. Didn't he go to Yale or one of the Ivy League schools?
Mathguy64
AG
What a strange start. Only 4 hits but 2 BB and only 2 K. He's doesn't appear to have much command but he's gone 5 IP and fighting.
linkdude
AG
Heyward PH single in Gamel's spot.
BadAggie
AG
JV 2 runs in 5 IP I'll take it

First Page Last Page
Page 1674 of 1744

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.