***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,279,484 Views | 60224 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by txags92
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
19 games left for the Astros and 18 for Seattle

Taking the 2 seed is becoming more and more of a farfetched hope so my focus now is just clinching a spot.

10-9 finish gets you to 87-75 and that would mean Seattle has to finish 14-4 to tie
CFTXAG10
AG
Mathguy64 said:

WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

TarponChaser said:

I asked in the cord-cutting thread but this one gets more activity so I'll ask here:

Based on what I'm seeing here in Houston I'm wondering if Fubo with the sports package is the best to get coverage for both the Aggies and Astros. YouTubeTV has anything the Aggies would be on but can't watch the Astros unless they're on ESPN or Fox

Currently the local Astros broadcast is on ATT SportsNet Southwest- what channel can I get on Fubo to watch the Astros?
Whatever you decide, just keep in mind the Astros are only on SCHN for three more weeks.
Do you mean that the season ends in 3 weeks or that there has been an announcement that they are leaving SCHN in the future?

I think it's more a case of "in three weeks we lose the local crew for a national broadcast in the playoffs"
This.
Wabs
AG
WES2006AG said:

Fubo is the only streaming option at the moment with DirecTV not having ESPN and YouTube TV and Hulu not having Space City Home Network.
Does Fubo carry SCHN?
07ag
AG
fubo: has espn and schn, but not tbs (al playoffs)
youtubetv: has espn and tbs, but not schn
directvstream: has tbs and schn, but not espn

i chose fubo because had an offer from fubo for 3 months $30 off each month, plus a credit card is giving me $20 back. will sign up for a youtubetv 3 week free trial for the division series and alcs
https://ts.la/eric59704
Beau Holder
AG
Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

From what I heard we are getting new city connects next year… which is a bummer because I like ours now.

Hoping next years ones are an HTown theme and still our colors. I wouldn't be shocked if they follow the Texans and rockets with a "HTown blue" and red look
I don't really like a HTown theme, to be honest. Main reason is because what does that really mean? At least the space city stuff is actually recognizable. I know we are further and further apart from the Apollo missions and the "Houston, we have a problem" line, but at least it's a unique connection to the city.

I don't really want a HTown Blue, aka Luv Ya Blue. I know the Luv Ya Blue is pretty synonymous with Houston, but the Astros have always been different. The "HTown Blue" is still too close to Tennesse for me, and well, honestly, I don't really care to be associated with the Adams family in anyway.

I hope they keep the new city connect jerseys tied to space city in some way.

Unfortunately the people who told me a few months back that the City Connects were being refreshed next year also said it won't be space-themed.

Sucks and I work in the space industry, I'm a space nerd, and it's my favorite thing about Houston in the culture, but even I know there are multiple different things to connect to the city. I hope they pick a good one.

I would like something that is not re-using our regular color scheme. That's not supposed to be the point of these. The Nationals and Red Sox nailed using a distinct aspect of their city that has nothing to do with their typical unis. I prefer when teams understand the assignment. 2/3 of the league did not with these unis.

As much as I love ours, they would've been even cooler with NASA blue and red or the Saturn black/silver and red.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
The Red Sox unis looked like the Savannah banannas
Beau Holder
AG
That's a perfectly fine matter of opinion but they used a distinct symbol of their city (the Marathon) down to the colors and font and didn't just make lazy alternate unis like most teams who just recycled their standard colors into something with half-assed texturing or city abbreviations or something.

The Mets using the 7 Line colors are another example of at least attempting to fulfill the spirit of having City Connect uniforms.
W
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Prosperdick said:

Wabs said:

I'm sure JV does NOT want to come out of the bullpen. But man, he has looked like total **** lately. I suppose you could have him as the 4th starter if he just refused to go to the BP, but I'd have Blanco ready to go very quickly if things start going off the rails.
He does have a huge ego but I'm sure he knows he's not fooling anyone right now. I didn't get to watch the game (thanks DirecTV) but is his velo down? Did his off speed pitches lose some bite? I'm also curious about his spin rate and how that compares to when he's been the JV we all know.
He was hitting 98 in 2022..... his fastball sat around 94 yesterday
yes, cannot have JV coming out of the bullpen with a mediocre fastball

late-inning home runs are killers
W
AG
and as we discussed previously...

JV faced 19 batters and recorded zero K's

that is a very, very bad sign -- when he is not striking hitters out
MosesHallRAB04
AG
What I gathered from JVs last few starts, especially last night, is hitters are spitting in breaking balls because he can't consistently throw them for strikes. His fastball help is down a good bit and it's getting rocked. At least that's what it seemed like to me.
Kashchei
AG
I know they're going away from the space theme for the City Connects, but it would be a perfect opportunity to bring back the "Turn Back the Clock" hats from 2019. One of my faves! Or at least do something similar with NASA, mission patches, etc. Oh well...

Wabs
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

What I gathered from JVs last few starts, especially last night, is hitters are spitting in breaking balls because he can't consistently throw them for strikes. His fastball help is down a good bit and it's getting rocked. At least that's what it seemed like to me.
This is my observation as well. I remember his first start after coming back, they were not swinging at his curve ball and he could not get it over consistently for a strike. Velo was down a notch but I thought that was because he was coming off injury. But the velo has stayed down. Is there hope he may be able to ramp up before the playoffs? Who knows...but it doesn't look good.
CFTXAG10
AG
They have done a lot of 713, 281, HTOWN, Bun B, etc. pieces over the last few seasons. I could easily see them doing something along those lines.

Lets just say screw it and put together a Houston TranStar Traffic Map City Connect Jersey or a Centerpoint Outage Tracker City Connect. Take your pick.
All I do is Nguyen
Not Astros related just thought it was funny

No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Beau Holder
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

They have done a lot of 713, 281, HTOWN, Bun B, etc. pieces over the last few seasons. I could easily see them doing something along those lines.

Lets just say screw it and put together a Houston TranStar Traffic Map City Connect Jersey or a Centerpoint Outage Tracker City Connect. Take your pick.

Screwston with purple drank colors, who says no?
RO519
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Not Astros related just thought it was funny

jkag89
Ag4life80 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Why are city connects so cheap
Because they're ugly
The only thing I like about them are the caps and the socks.
wehnerhigh20
AG
I'd love to see them give the middle finger to the Titans and use the light Houston blue.
Beat40
wehnerhigh20 said:

I'd love to see them give the middle finger to the Titans and use the light Houston blue.
I don't want to acknowledge the Titans and Tennessee at all.
Mathguy64
AG
So what else is Houston known for? energy companies and the Med Center/MDA.

I vote the next city connect shirt says "**** cancer". Either that or '**** Centerpoint"
tjack16
AG
wehnerhigh20 said:

It's been 30 years… I feel like Houston should move on at this point
The Porkchop Express
AG
tjack16 said:

wehnerhigh20 said:

Spoken like a true young person!

If I see Bud Adams in hell, I'll kill him again.
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

I vote the next city connect shirt says "**** cancer". Either that or '**** Centerpoint"
There is probably some badass stuff that can be done with the energy sector if they are creative enough.

I just hope they don't do any sort of cheesy rodeo thing.
Booma94
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

TarponChaser said:

I asked in the cord-cutting thread but this one gets more activity so I'll ask here:

Based on what I'm seeing here in Houston I'm wondering if Fubo with the sports package is the best to get coverage for both the Aggies and Astros. YouTubeTV has anything the Aggies would be on but can't watch the Astros unless they're on ESPN or Fox

Currently the local Astros broadcast is on ATT SportsNet Southwest- what channel can I get on Fubo to watch the Astros?
Whatever you decide, just keep in mind the Astros are only on SCHN for three more weeks.
Playoffs will be on ABC, ESPN, ESPN 2, FOX, FS1, TBS, truTV and MAX.

Specifically, Wild Card games will be on ABC/ESPN

ALDS will be on Turner (TNT/TBS/truTV/MAX
NLDS will be on FOX/FS1

ALCS will be on Turner
NLCS will be on FOX

World Series will be on FOX

So, after September 29 there will be no need for Sport City Home Network.

I, for one, will be returning to YouTubeTV and hoping MLB gets it's collective head out of its arse and fixes the broadcast situation prior to next season.
AustinCountyAg
I'd be willing to bet they do something either mexican influenced or something involving houston rappers. something like the texans did with the stupid old english script. shoot me now if so

TarponChaser
The Porkchop Express said:

tjack16 said:

wehnerhigh20 said:

Spoken like a true young person!

If I see Bud Adams in hell, I'll kill him again.

Porkchop with the correct answer.

Bud Adams and his offspring can choke on a back of AID-infested dicks. And at this point, I'm not even mad about the Oilers leaving it's 100% about the refusal to allow Houston to keep the Oilers name, logos, and color scheme.
Booma94
AG
Mathguy64 said:

As many guys as there are on the injured list, a connection to the Med Center might be truly fitting. They could have a big red cross on the chest, or royal blue jerseys with the Caduceus logo on the front.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Booma94 said:

Mathguy64 said:

As many guys as there are on the injured list, a connection to the Med Center might be truly fitting. They could have a big red cross on the chest, or royal blue jerseys with the Caduceus logo on the front.

Think bagwells hand surgeon will sponsor games where they wear them?
TarponChaser
AustinCountyAg said:

I'd be willing to bet they do something either mexican influenced or something involving houston rappers. something like the texans did with the stupid old english script. shoot me now if so

Have a good friend who used to work for the Texans (now works for the Rockets) who said Bob MacNair was the nicest guy ever. Knew everybody's name, what was going on with their families, and treated his people well.

She said Cal and his wife are absolutely horrible people.
Booma94
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Booma94 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Think bagwells hand surgeon will sponsor games where they wear them?
Isn't he dead? The hand surgeon, not Bagwell. Although he sounds almost comatose when broadcasting.
Ag_07
AG
Houstonians obsession with the Luv Ya blue needs to end. It has nothing to do with any of our current teams.

It's gone. Over. Get over it and move on.

Flame away
Booma94
AG
TarponChaser said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Have a good friend who used to work for the Texans (now works for the Rockets) who said Bob MacNair was the nicest guy ever. Knew everybody's name, what was going on with their families, and treated his people well.

She said Cal and his wife are absolutely horrible people.
I would believe this about the wife, she seems to be a clinger-on, gold-digger sort. But Cal doesn't seem smart enough to be horrible. Seems more like Tommy Boy than any sort of villain.
cc10106
Put a tequila sunrise locomotive on the next City Connects as a nod to Drayton's terrible idea to rename the team the Diesels.
All I do is Nguyen
cc10106 said:

Put a tequila sunrise locomotive on the next City Connects as a nod to Drayton's terrible idea to rename the team to the Diesels.
Hunter Brown approves
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1628 of 1721

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.