***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,277,044 Views | 60194 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Prosperdick
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prosperdick said:

Mathguy64 said:

Prosperdick said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Hornbeck said:

Yeah, when's TK back? Asking for several million friends…

They said last night he was back tonight
Might be another game on that takes precedence tonight.

Ags on the big screen and Astros on the iPad until the Ags inevitably collapse and then it's me refilling the bourbon glass and Astros on the big screen.
My Aggie neighbor is hosting a watch party and when he was at A&M he worked at DoubleDave's so he's making pepperoni rolls BUT he also grew up in Kansas City and is a huge Royals fan so it should be interesting tonight.

Also a Notre Dame grad will be there who is a huge obnoxious Ranger fan (do they come any other way) so hopefully no fights break out tonight.
If any fights do break out it is your solemn duty to record them and upload them here
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Still no Alex
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Making big moves in KC
Hornbeck
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Ags on the big screen and Astros on the iPad until the Ags inevitably collapse and then it's me refilling the bourbon glass and Astros on the big screen.

I like the cut of your jib, Captain. I will be doing the same. I'll break out the Stagg Jr. if both win. I have seen enough first game collapses by the guys in maroon to temper my hopes…
Beau Holder
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Mathguy64 said:

Prosperdick said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Hornbeck said:

Yeah, when's TK back? Asking for several million friends…

They said last night he was back tonight
Might be another game on that takes precedence tonight.

so, like 7:15?

3rd quarter. Withe the way college football plays, the baseball game will be over by then.

People will really be like "baseball is boring" and then spend 3.5 hours watching like 11 minutes of actual action in football with two hours of commercials and a bunch of guys staring at the sideline between plays.
Mathguy64
AG
KC is panicking. In the last 3 days they have gone from tied with Cleveland to 2.5 games back and suffered Pasquantino's season ending injury.

Pham is a clubhouse mess and KC is a tight clubhouse with everyone publicly saying this is all for Salvy to get him back to the WS. He's played for 10 teams in 10 years and his 5th team in 2 seasons. That's for me trouble.
Mathguy64
AG
Hornbeck said:

Mathguy64 said:

I like the cut of your jib, Captain. I will be doing the same. I'll break out the Stagg Jr. if both win. I have seen enough first game collapses by the guys in maroon to temper my hopes…

If both win I may break out the ER17. I still have a 2013 bottle with a couple of fingers left. Last time it got opened was when we won the 2022 WS.
Mathguy64
AG
Mattress Mac has no quit in him.

linkdude
AG
Astros get to 90 wins if they finish 17-10.
BadAggie
AG

KUCHI DAY

gambochaman
AG
Mathguy64 said:

What happened to him??
Breggy Popup
AG
He said "some cognitive things". May be a TIA or something.
The Porkchop Express
AG
gambochaman said:

Mathguy64 said:

What happened to him??
I'm worried there's a Gallery Furniture offer in the near future that if Mac survives a quadruple bypass, all the furniture you buy that day is free.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
We missed you TK! Kevin sucks
agdaddy04
AG
tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Insert your own joke here

So we have Junk and a Kikuchi?

We HAD the Junk, now we just have the Kooch.
CFTXAG10
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

How has he been this year? Don't want to face him in the postseason, he can get hot. Didn't even realize he was available
The Porkchop Express
AG
Who are the Royals going to sign next, Rickey Henderson?
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

How has he been this year? Don't want to face him in the postseason, he can get hot. Didn't even realize he was available
He signed with the Braves this year and they traded him to KC. He's been at AAA Gwinnett all year hitting .292 at age 40.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

He signed with the Braves this year and they traded him to KC. He's been at AAA Gwinnett all year hitting .292 at age 40.

I didn't think you could do minor league trades after the deadline anymore... Wonder if they can use him in the playoffs or if he'll be past the cutoff?
Mathguy64
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

How is this legal? Yuli was in the Atlanta AAA team. He wasn't DFA'd.
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I didn't think you could do minor league trades after the deadline anymore... Wonder if they can use him in the playoffs or if he'll be past the cutoff?
It's a loophole.

Minor league players who are not on a 40-man roster can be traded after the Major League Baseball (MLB) trade deadline as long as they are still in an organization by August 31. This is to ensure that players who are traded are eligible to play in the postseason for their club.

EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

It's a loophole.

Minor league players who are not on a 40-man roster can be traded after the Major League Baseball (MLB) trade deadline as long as they are still in an organization by August 31. This is to ensure that players who are traded are eligible to play in the postseason for their club.

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but wonder if the Astros considered this at all...
iBrad
AG
There was a reason we traded for Trey Mancini in 2022.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
iBrad said:

There was a reason we traded for Trey Mancini in 2022.

Yeah that worked out great... Must be why yuli played the majority of the postseason and Mancini didn't
f1ghtintexasaggie
EastCoastAgNc said:

As if he hadn't tanked his value enough during the first four months of the season. Hope he heals up soon, but we cannot play him 30M again ever. If someone else is dumb enough to do that, best of luck to them.
Mathguy64
AG
A little over an hour to game times. Let the fall fun begin.

A take on an Old Fashioned

2 oz of your choice of bourbon or rye. This is 112 proof Wild Turkey Rare Breed Rye
1/2 of of blueberry flavored simple syrup.
5 dashes orange bitters
5 dashes cocoa bitters
Stirred over ice and strained into a low ball glass

Add a Luxardo cherry. The real thing. Not some fake dyed maraschino thing

The first was smooth as butter. The second is even better.

Mathguy64
AG
Lineup for tonight.

Royals have 2 guys. Witt and Salvy. Don't let them beat you.

tjack16
AG
So at one point are we concerned Bregman is more injured than we originally thought?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I think I'm already there
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I think I'm already there

That's not good
Ag_07
AG
This is pretty much what was expected.

It's day to day and he may miss a few games at a time. Pretty consistent from the start.
All I do is Nguyen
Is rather Breggy miss time Now and play every game in the playoffs
First Page Last Page
Page 1561 of 1720

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.