***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,294,146 Views | 60477 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Mathguy64
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

So is Bregman out tonight too?
Why is he out? What did I miss? I was driving for most of the game last night.
BCSGrubber
AG
He will be back in the lineup. He was ejected after saying something after taking 2 balls that were called strikes.
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

I don't think an ejection equates to an automatic suspension, especially for arguing a strike call.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

Why would he be out today? It's a game ejection not a suspension.

Now since that idiot is going to rotate to be blue at 3B, Breggy will have to be careful and not say anything in the field, but he can certainly play.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Pitch 1 looked, and in my opinion was, way lower than it is shown there. It was pretty egregious
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Framber-ghini
All I do is Nguyen
Prosperdick
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Framber-ghini
I would have also accepted Frambo.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
That's good too!
houag78
AG
So on the bases-clearing double, was anyone else amazed at how quickly the runner on first got around the bases? I was at the game, looked up and saw him midway between 3rd and home, and just assumed it was the 2B runner. I understand there were two outs, etc., but Gamel fielded it pretty quickly etc. That dude was flying!
TarponChaser
Prosperdick said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Framber-ghini
Frambo>>>>>>Framber-ghini
htxag09
AG
At first I thought you were talking about Dubon's single. We had a lot going on last night so never saw a great replay, but I was surprised Dezenzo didn't score when the LF misplayed it.

For the play you're talking about, that ball was in the air a long time. With 2 outs runner on first was probably halfway to third before it hit the ground.
Prosperdick
AG
htxag09 said:

At first I thought you were talking about Dubon's single. We had a lot going on last night so never saw a great replay, but I was surprised Dezenzo didn't score when the LF misplayed it.
I think Pettis had initially put up the stop sign so he had to slow up going into the 3rd...if he's going full speed the entire way I think he has a good shot.
Prosperdick
AG
Need good Framber tonight and for God's sake some good defense would also be nice.
Mr.Bond
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

cc10106
fatty on a Framber-ghini - rangerette fans, probably
jetch17
AG
Obesighini
Mathguy64
AG
A morning update. Nothing has really changed. We win, Seattle wins and the status quo remains the same.

Every win takes one more game off the list.

tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

tjack16 said:

Now since that idiot is going to rotate to be blue at 3B, Breggy will have to be careful and not say anything in the field, but he can certainly play.

That's what I was curious about is if the ejection would be a suspension. That's one of the baseball rules I don't know much about is the ejections and what equates a suspension (like Abreu hitting Garcia)
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Why is he out? What did I miss? I was driving for most of the game last night.

Guess I'm in college football mode where an ejection might equal suspension the next game. Just wasn't sure if it would carry over since the mlb isn't consistent about them
Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

tjack16 said:

That's what I was curious about is if the ejection would be a suspension. That's one of the baseball rules I don't know much about is the ejections and what equates a suspension (like Abreu hitting Garcia)
I've seen plenty of guys get tossed for arguing balls/strikes and unless they got physical with the ump none of them got suspended.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Pasquatino may have broken a hand. That didn't look good.
Called it last night when it happened.

If he's out for 8 weeks that's effectively the season and playoffs. 6 weeks would be coming back in the ALCS without any rehab starts.
BCEDAg
AG
houag78 said:

So on the bases-clearing double, was anyone else amazed at how quickly the runner on first got around the bases? I was at the game, looked up and saw him midway between 3rd and home, and just assumed it was the 2B runner. I understand there were two outs, etc., but Gamel fielded it pretty quickly etc. That dude was flying!

It was a full count on the batter and base runners take off as soon as pitch is thrown. The ball was hit high down the left field line and that also helps the runners score easily.
mwm
On the royal's double down the LF line that scored 3, anyone else think "Doobie would have had that"?

After all, Doobie isn't afraid of a wall.
Ag_07
AG
Tough break for Paquantino. He's a good player that I had hoped we would try and make a trade for when Yuli departed.

Anyone else notice Salvy talking to Yanier right after this play almost like he was upset and getting on him for making contact and Yanier's response was like 'Yeah oh well I was running to the base'.

Thought that exchange was interesting.
Proudag06
AG
TarponChaser said:

Prosperdick said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Framber-ghini
Frambo>>>>>>Framber-ghini

Booma94
AG
Prosperdick said:

htxag09 said:

I think Pettis had initially put up the stop sign so he had to slow up going into the 3rd...if he's going full speed the entire way I think he has a good shot.
Like that happens...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE
Ag_07 said:

Tough break for Paquantino. He's a good player that I had hoped we would try and make a trade for when Yuli departed.

Anyone else notice Salvy talking to Yanier right after this play almost like he was upset and getting on him for making contact and Yanier's response was like 'Yeah oh well I was running to the base'.

I saw that too.

Yainer didn't do anything wrong, Paquantino moved into his path to try and get the ball and it all happened quickly.

Nothing Yainer could have done
The Porkchop Express
AG
AggiEE said:

Ag_07 said:

I saw that too.

Yainer didn't do anything wrong, Paquantino moved into his path to try and get the ball and it all happened quickly.

Nothing Yainer could have done
Unless you're the Red Sox, in which case you can run literally anywhere you want on your way to first base, most guys are just straight lining it as fast as they can.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I BELIEVE
First Page Last Page
Page 1547 of 1728

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.