***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,275,197 Views | 60166 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by txags92
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The risk of injury is there in every game you play every day. It is a very unconvincing argument to me. If the players want to do it, let them.

And while the Astros are my only true sports love, if you can't get up for an all-star team of Americans against the world, I just have to let that be your stance.

To your edit: Latin America, Korea, and particularly Japan are insane about it and can fully compete with their best players, and it continues to grow in Australia and parts of Europe. Far more of a global game than "flag football" and cricket, which has like three countries that are serious about it.

The U.S. leads medal count every single Olympics but we don't say Uzbekistan should stop sending their three athletes.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
For me, the WBC does it better than the Olympics. I don't need the stars in there.
Farmer1906
AG
Bye bye Seth

Farmer1906
AG

A lot of postseason teams with less than stellar bullpens.
Wabs
AG
Wow. Don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't think Seth would go down. Makes sense I guess.
Beau Holder
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bye bye Seth

Poor guy made the long trek from the suburbs for nothing.
MaxPower

If you're ever wondering how much tougher the bigs are than AAA……
_veeyah_
AG
Y'all think Manfred and his little committee will implement a rule and make the MLB players actually do the Olympics?
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bad plate discipline? SHOCKED, I tell ya.

If only the team had a coach who could work on that…
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
jkag89
Farmer1906 said:

58 postseason appearances, 40 AL Pennants, 27 WS Championships since 1921. Cry me a river. While much of baseball fandom might share your frustration over the RELENTLESS Astros, not a one is shedding a tear for Yankee fans. About time you get a small taste of the frustration most of us have endured following our teams year after year.
Chef Elko
AG
Thank you!
Johnsy3
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Top 10 Free Agents

The only Astro on the list

Quote:

4) Alex Bregman, 3B (age: 31)

Bregman's breakout seasons in 2018-19 saw him average 36 home runs, 108 RBIs and a .970 OPS, and he finished in the top five of AL MVP voting in both years. He hasn't reached those levels since then, though he remains one of the more productive third basemen in baseball. Bregman's platform year got off to a slow start (.206 average, four home runs and a .589 OPS through his first 51 games), but he's come on since late May, hitting .302 with 15 homers and an .894 OPS over his past 65 games. The Astros have talked about extending Bregman, but with free agency around the corner, he should test the market.

Potential fits: Astros, D-backs, Mariners

Gross
Proudag06
AG

Hey Alex…**** off
Wabs
AG
Proudag06 said:

Hey Alex…**** off
I like Blummer at the end, "Did you hear him?"
jkag89
_veeyah_ said:

Y'all think Manfred and his little committee will implement a rule and make the MLB players actually do the Olympics?
Doubtful IMO, at least not until the Olympics show some sort of commitment. to the Game. While it has been a demonstration sport over the years it was only an official sport from '92 through '08. It was revived for the Tokyo Games, duh they're baseball nuts, and I think it will also make an appearance in the '28 Los Angeles Games since the US is a nation that also cares about baseball but beyond that who knows.

I could be wrong but wasn't the WBC started as a response to the Olympics dropping baseball as a "core" sport?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

Shes just the right amount of crazy
CFTXAG10
AG
Super last minute but if anyone can use two tickets and parking for the game today at 1:10pm shoot me a PM
All I do is Nguyen
n_touch said:

Farmer1906 said:

Shes just the right amount of crazy
I can fix her
Farmer1906
AG
Johnsy3 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Top 10 Free Agents

The only Astro on the list

Quote:

4) Alex Bregman, 3B (age: 31)

Bregman's breakout seasons in 2018-19 saw him average 36 home runs, 108 RBIs and a .970 OPS, and he finished in the top five of AL MVP voting in both years. He hasn't reached those levels since then, though he remains one of the more productive third basemen in baseball. Bregman's platform year got off to a slow start (.206 average, four home runs and a .589 OPS through his first 51 games), but he's come on since late May, hitting .302 with 15 homers and an .894 OPS over his past 65 games. The Astros have talked about extending Bregman, but with free agency around the corner, he should test the market.

Potential fits: Astros, D-backs, Mariners

Gross
Bregman would die in Seattle.

Career HR - 203
HRs is all games at HOU - 236
HRs if all games at SEA - 171

Even worse in Baltimore, New York, Cleveland, Kansas City, Miami, & San Fran. Breggy needs to be very careful where he goes. He needs to be in Houston, Tampa, Chicago (either), Philly, Cincy, or Denver.
MAROON
AG
once he signs the big contract, does he really care?

Farmer1906
AG
Beau Holder said:

Farmer1906 said:

Bye bye Seth

Poor guy made the long trek from the suburbs for nothing.

He's back!

tailgatetimer10
AG
At least he's doing something there. Can't say the same for other players we've sent down for not meeting expectations
Booma94
AG
Chef Elko said:

I'm heading from Houston to Port Aransas soon and want to listen to the game. Anyone know the radio station I can tune into when 790 cuts out?
XM for the win. Just hit "browse" and it will go straight to the channel.
Booma94
AG
Beat40 said:

Chef Elko said:

I'm heading from Houston to Port Aransas soon and want to listen to the game. Anyone know the radio station I can tune into when 790 cuts out?

If you're good with using data, download the iheart app on your phone and you can listen to 790 and the game.
Aren't games blacked out on the iHeart app due to licensing issues?
W
AG
nobody can get Duran out
Beau Holder
AG
Anyone remember what it's like to not be trailing before even coming up to bat?
jkag89
whelp, same sorta start as the other two games in this series.
RC_57
AG
Not when I've used IHeart
htxag09
AG
If we pitch to Duran again we deserve to lose....
iamtheglove
Our noodle arms strike again
Marvin
AG
htxag09 said:

Not sure Snitker has the stones to tell JV to pitch around the first batter of the game.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
iamtheglove
htxag09 said:

Dude is hungry like a wolf
First Page Last Page
Page 1456 of 1720

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.