***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,207,266 Views | 58973 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by EastCoastAgNc
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We might need to sweep Seattle at the end of the year, whether or not we need the tie breaker.
AggiEE
MAROON said:

He's a scout. Never been a GM. Learning on the job is not what we needed. Crane has made some poor front office moves since 2020.

Also makes me doubt the staff we have below GM running all the research.

How did anyone not flag this trade as a heaping pile of dog*****

Farmer1906
AG
Official

Faustus
Altuve has been caught stealing 6 times in 16 attempts. I can't find a site that will give me caught stealing percentage for players with more than a handful of attempts (lots of players have a 0% for one or two attempts, likely failed hit and runs), but that has to be amongst the worst.
BadAggie
AG
Well, it'll be clear after a couple starts by Kikuchi if Dana was onto something or on something when he made that trade.

iamtheglove
AggiEE said:

MAROON said:

He's a scout. Never been a GM. Learning on the job is not what we needed. Crane has made some poor front office moves since 2020.

Also makes me doubt the staff we have below GM running all the research.

How did anyone not flag this trade as a heaping pile of dog*****

This whole thing smells of Crane
tjack16
AG
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

Official

The ass raping is now official.

I will root for Kikuchi as much as possible and hope his stats don't show the full picture and he's some Blanco diamond in the rough that just needs a little tweaking. The short term rental **** just ****ing sucks though.

Not getting my hopes up.

BADAGGIE - We need you in this most desperate hour for the Astros. COOCHIES FOR KUCHI EVERY TIME HE PITCHES MUST BE A THING TO ENSURE THIS TRADE HAS ANY SEMBLANCE OF SUCCESS.

MAKE IT HAPPEN KIND SIR
Mathguy64
AG
Holy crap. I log on after a long travel day to see that we are officially the dumbest organization in baseball.

We used to be the smartest and turned into the dumbest in just 3 years.

It's like Ed Wade came back to be our GM.
htxag09
AG
Maroon&Fight said:

Texans are officially the best organization in Houston after the buffoonery of today

Damn. Didn't realize the Texans have multiple super bowls and a **** ton of deep playoff runs since 17. Must've missed those….
BadAggie
AG
Still pretty crazy that this team loses Javier and Urquidy for the season, JV for a large chunk, and really it's been the back end of the bullpen that's been the major problem pitching wise

Farmer1906
AG
JDUB08AG
AG
Excited for our dick sucking Houston media to really question this move
EastCoastAgNc
AG
htxag09 said:

Maroon&Fight said:

Texans are officially the best organization in Houston after the buffoonery of today

Damn. Didn't realize the Texans have multiple super bowls and a **** ton of deep playoff runs since 17. Must've missed those….
It's not about what they've done int he past. It's about what the future holds. And right now, the future holds lots of pain for this franchise. Crane is brain dead if he keeps any of the front office after this debacle. I said before the season that the dark days were coming for the Astros. I was wrong. They're already here.
BadAggie
AG
AggiEE said:

Farmer1906 said:

Official

The ass raping is now official.

I will root for Kikuchi as much as possible and hope his stats don't show the full picture and he's some Blanco diamond in the rough that just needs a little tweaking. The short term rental **** just ****ing sucks though.

Not getting my hopes up.

BADAGGIE - We need you in this most desperate hour for the Astros. COOCHIES FOR KUCHI EVERY TIME HE PITCHES MUST BE A THING TO ENSURE THIS TRADE HAS ANY SEMBLANCE OF SUCCESS.

MAKE IT HAPPEN KIND SIR

Hmmmm

iamtheglove
EastCoastAgNc said:

htxag09 said:

Maroon&Fight said:

It's not about what they've done int he past. It's about what the future holds. And right now, the future holds lots of pain for this franchise. Crane is brain dead if he keeps any of the front office after this debacle. I said before the season that the dark days were coming for the Astros. I was wrong. They're already here.
Unfortunately, Crane IS the front office
TRM
AG
AggiEE
Losing Joey just stings. The guy brought an energy to the club and it seemed like he did a lot of intangible and tangible things (hustling to make a defensive play, making smart base running decisions, etc).

Like, there was nobody else they could have thrown in? He may not materialize into an amazing bat, but he's better than Chas right now with more upside.

When he was in the game, it seemed like our whole team played better.

****ing thing sucks.
PoppaB05
AG
Jim Crane,

You have been a great owner, outside the Scandal BS probably the best we've had in Houston. This ride has been amazing. Thank you for opening the check book when necessary to compete.

Please take this organization back to the structure that brought us the championships. Valuing draft picks. Outspending on scouting, analytics, and coaching. Stop chasing the Yankees and trying to spend and trade your way with shortcuts. Teams used to poach our front office talent. Right now, they are laughing at us. Abreu was crap but defensible. Montero was dumb the moment it was signed. Hader signing instead of some SP depth led to today. If Brown isn't being allowed to be the GM, get out of his way. If he's doing this, fire him because he's over his head.

I don't want to go back to losing 100 games, but being on track to win 84 is also awful
MaxPower
Texags: Make a trade. Why aren't we doing anything? We need help for a playoff push!

Also texags: No don't trade for that guy. How could you give that player up he will be an All Star?!?!

Basically texags: Trade hot garbage for a Cy Young winner and an MVP. Duh, my 6 year old could do it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Apparently the dumbass in chief is gonna speak on the trade on the postgame show if you want to rage watch how he tries to justify this.
texasaggie2015
AG
Crane?
Silent For Too Long
MaxPower said:

Texags: Make a trade. Why aren't we doing anything? We need help for a playoff push!

Also texags: No don't trade for that guy. How could you give that player up he will be an All Star?!?!

Basically texags: Trade hot garbage for a Cy Young winner and an MVP. Duh, my 6 year old could do it.

Exactly this.

This place would have been livid if they didn't make a trade. Now they are livid that they did.

I'm disappointed we are letting go of Loperfido but we were desperate for inning Eaters. It is what it is.
Silent For Too Long
EastCoastAgNc said:

Apparently the dumbass in chief is gonna speak on the trade on the postgame show if you want to rage watch how he tries to justify this.

We needed pitching. We got pitching.

It's pretty simple justification.
cc10106
What a crappy loss. A few inches from winning if Alex's near-HR stays fair but still should've won regardless.

Take these next 2.
BadAggie
AG
This was a Crane 'win now' move

I mean he's already opened the pocketbook

He added Hader to a team one win away from another WS

Biggest mistake still is caving to pressure and firing Luhnow, second was running off Click. I get Luhnow given the context and for whatever media pressure there was, who knows what Manfred's MLB was threatening. Still in hindsight Luhnow was worth it

But the Click move was such an unforced error.

Still, the man is not afraid to spend money.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

We needed pitching. We got pitching.

It's pretty simple justification.

We gave up 3-4x the value we got back. There is no justification for how uneven it was.
JDUB08AG
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

MaxPower said:

Exactly this.

This place would have been livid if they didn't make a trade. Now they are livid that they did.

I'm disappointed we are letting go of Loperfido but we were desperate for inning Eaters. It is what it is.

It doesn't take 3 decent trade bits to get an inning eater on the last year of his contract. An average one at best too.
Beau Holder
AG
I just wish I had any faith this team could put together a playoff run as a result. If they even end up winning this god awful division, this free-swinging weak singles offense and gassed bullpen are not competing with the real contenders we're 7-8 games behind.
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

Bull****ting out of his mind.

"The market is such that he cost that much" -- what. That kind of arm. A 4.75 ERA. A RENTAL?

We could have gotten Snell for less if Crane was willing to pay up
TRM
AG
It's what we gave up for the trade. Look at what Boston gave up for Paxton.

AggiEE
He's a guy that can really strike guys out

A guy that can throw a lot of innings.

A guy that can give up a lot of runs.
TexAgs1992
Good grief, some brutal answers here from Dana in this press conference
tjack16
AG

Happy birthday… enjoy Canada
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Basically admitted to being desperate and making the move because he didn't want to be left empty handed. Desperation
First Page Last Page
Page 1221 of 1686

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.