***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,207,380 Views | 58975 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by linkdude
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906
AG
We're blessed with another Bloss start. Get ya popcorn ready. He's going to match Skenes tonight.
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE
ITLAg13 said:

Check in with me on Monday slick. That's my 5. Night y'all.

Any updates, slick?
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

We're blessed with another Bloss start. Get ya popcorn ready. He's going to match Skenes tonight.
Going to match K for K.
BeaumontAg05
AG
AggiEE said:

ITLAg13 said:

Check in with me on Monday slick. That's my 5. Night y'all.

Any updates, slick?

Haha forgot about this guy
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15
AG

Go get him Jim
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG
tylhair
AG
Yusei + Vlad please
Farmer1906
AG
tylhair said:

Yusei + Vlad please
I don't think Vlad is going anywhere, but what about Justin Turner? He's played a little 1B, should be on the market, and hits LHP very well.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'm all for Kikuchi being an arm to help us end the season but I watched him suck way too much in Seattle for me to think he is worth any decent prospects. Hopefully I am way wrong.
Farmer1906
AG
Kikuchi is fine as a #4/5 type. He will replace someone like Bloss and maybe allow Brown & White to skip a start here or there.
AggiEE
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I'm all for Kikuchi being an arm to help us end the season but I watched him suck way too much in Seattle for me to think he is worth any decent prospects. Hopefully I am way wrong.

I'd much rather get Snell

Probably wouldn't cost tons of prospects either
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yeah I don't disagree just hoping we're not giving up good prospects to get him
Farmer1906
AG
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tylhair said:

Yusei + Vlad please
I don't think Vlad is going anywhere, but what about Justin Turner? He's played a little 1B, should be on the market, and hits LHP very well.
I'd be very good with Kikuchi and Turner
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Kikuchi is fine as a #4/5 type. He will replace someone like Bloss and maybe allow Brown & White to skip a start here or there.
I think there is value in this for sure, but is that worth giving up anything? My personal opinion is no.

Can we not patch something together to allow a skipped start here or there without giving up stuff for a #4/5?
BadAggie
AG
Pitching greater need than offense, assuming Tucker returns.

linkdude
AG
Dana should not assume Tuck is returning, IMO. Not in a sell the farm type way, but at some point you have to reset expectation, and hope this isn't a Bagwell in 94 type of season.
Marvin
AG
I could be wrong, but I doubt Kikuchi would cost much in terms of prospects.
Beat40
linkdude said:

Dana should not assume Tuck is returning, IMO. Not in a sell the farm type way, but at some point you have to reset expectation, and hope this isn't a Bagwell in 94 type of season.
The problem is who are you realistically going to get that is an impact bat to somewhat make up for Tucker that you can actually afford? Astros can't afford whoever that is. The Astros realistically can only get marginal offensive help.

So, you have to hope Tucker comes back and focus on shoring up your pitching. Sure, add the marginal bat if the price is right, but don't do it at the expense of the pitching you need. I believe Dana understands this.
Beat40
Marvin said:

I agree, but my point is more why give up anything if you can make the same result happen with your organization that might also give some experience to some guys?

I just have no desire to give up anyone for Kikuchi.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin said:

Many other teams want him so that drives up the cost.
JYDog90
AG
All I know is that Loperfido 35% strikeout rate is alarming and I would like to get some help there...NOW. Not in September when Tucker *may* come back.
Formerly Willy Wonka
BadAggie
AG
If you want impact bat that is going to cost you, especially if that player is controllable. That's up to the organization obvs but this isn't a getting .950 OPS for Forrest Whitley scenario

Beat40
JYDog90 said:

All I know is that Loperfido 35% strikeout rate is alarming and I would like to get some help there...NOW. Not in September when Tucker *may* come back.
How do you get the help now?

Who are you targeting and how are you getting them?
Beat40
Speaking of Whitley - this dude needs to get called up and give Seth and Tayler some much needed rest.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bullard21k
AG
Anybody interested in purchasing 2 tickets for tonight's game? SEC 122 row 13 seat 12 & 13

These are our season tickets and had a conflict popup last minute we can't go.

I'd rather trying to unload them here than seat geek so message me if interested
redline248
AG
The only thing I hope is that the Astros are being honest with themselves about Tucker and JV returning. A #4 pitcher is fine if we get JV back, but probably not good enough to make a playoff impact if he doesn't. Blanco has not inspired much confidence lately, Spencer is inconsistent and the pen is looking taxed.
linkdude
AG
60% CSW is pretty hilarious, even on only 10 pitches.
MaxPower
With all this Gleyber Torres noise, could he be a potential target for 1B? Been pretty good against lefties the last couple seasons.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
MaxPower said:

With all this Gleyber Torres noise, could he be a potential target for 1B? Been pretty good against lefties the last couple seasons.

The noise is that he wants to play 2B.
First Page Last Page
Page 1197 of 1686

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.