***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,900,978 Views | 36945 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Buck Compton
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cc10106 said:

Benches have cleared between these two teams in the past recently. Won't be surprised if they do again tomorrow.

Astros need to get Correa's mistress to come out on the field and start jabbing his ribs
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mariners win
txags92
AG
cc10106 said:

Benches have cleared between these two teams in the past recently. Won't be surprised if they do again tomorrow.
Astros need to throw the first pitch of the game behind the head of whoever is leading off just to send a message.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
Love this kid!
Silent For Too Long
AggiEE said:

linkdude said:

What exactly should he learn? Even a AAAA guy should be able to get 3 outs with an eight run lead...

What we should learn is that it would have better to spend $95M on a few more quality bullpen guys than a single overrated one

We have had the best bullpen in baseball for two months and Hader has been amazing for most of that stretch.

We are the hottest team in baseball and firing on all cylinders and some of you just can't be pleased. It's like you are addicted to being miserable.
linkdude
AG
After a bullpen game, this doesn't sound like the smartest plan I've ever heard.
texasaggie2015
AG
How y'all feeling?
AggiEE
Silent For Too Long said:

AggiEE said:

linkdude said:

What exactly should he learn? Even a AAAA guy should be able to get 3 outs with an eight run lead...

What we should learn is that it would have better to spend $95M on a few more quality bullpen guys than a single overrated one

We have had the best bullpen in baseball for two months and Hader has been amazing for most of that stretch.

We are the hottest team in baseball and firing on all cylinders and some of you just can't be pleased. It's like you are addicted to being miserable.

Hader has been amazing?

Yeah, with a multi run lead he manages to get the save while giving up a run or two (or 4)
Faustus
NM.
Twisted Helix
texasaggie2015 said:

How y'all feeling?

Pretty good. How you?

I have no idea why I'm still up this late.
Silent For Too Long
He inherited three runners and Corea smacked a ball 5 inches our of the zone.

Yes, Hader has been amazing.
linkdude
AG
Anybody see the end of the Pads-DBacks game? Padres blew a 5 run lead and then walk it off with a Machado homer. Post walkoff:
Ag_07
AG
So what exactly got Cesar all fired up? Just telling him to get his isht together?

I love this dude!
Beau Holder
AG

AggiEE said:

linkdude said:

We have literally four starters and had an eight-run lead in the first game of the series in which our lead bullpen game guy couldn't get out of the third. We understand guys' arms need to keep functioning for three more months right?

I don't fault anyone for expecting Contreras to get one out before giving up six runs. That's on him. I'm glad to be four games over.
texasaggie2015
AG
Dude. Relax. He did not expect to pitch, had to warm up quickly, and Correa hit a ball well off the plate. **** happens. They won. And they won a bullpen game for crying out loud.

Some of you just enjoy being miserable and I'll never understand it.
BadAggie
AG
46-42
2.5 games back of 3rd Wild Card spot
2.0 games back of Division lead
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Is this 2022 all over for them? Started off the year on fire and everybody claimed it was finally their year
Farmer1906
AG
I hope it's 2022 for us again too.
texasaggie2015
AG
I wouldn't be mad.
Serviam
I know some people were dunking all over Dana Brown at the start of this season for continuing to insist that we were a good team and were going to rattle off a run of 10 straight (I was one of them)

We didn't quite rattle off 10-straight but the run we've been on meets the spirit if not the letter of his statement.

I think we're a WS caliber team if we can get 2/3 of Garcia, Verlander/McCullers healthy for the rest of the year, and maybe some help at 1B
Farmer1906
AG
Kind of best case scenario. Soto is having an MVP season yet the Ya Kees don't win anything. They're forced to hand out 500 M and continue not having a good enough roster and no money to fix it.
Marvin
AG
Mrs. Marvin was so mad last night after CC's homer that she let a "dang it" slip out. I lol'd, which did not help. Haha. That was an entertaining game, and another win.
JDUB08AG
AG
I'm still pissed we let the abreu situation drag along as long as we did. I understand why they felt the need to try and force it, but every single data point indicated he was toast yet we still trotted him out there every damn day.
Teddy Perkins
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
Here's a little nugget for you guys: we've "checked in on and discussed" Jack Flaherty in recent days
superaggie73
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Here's a little nugget for you guys: we've "checked in on and discussed" Jack Flaherty in recent days

That would be awesome. I wanted him last year at the deadline as well as in the off-season this year.
iBrad
AG
Serviam said:

I know some people were dunking all over Dana Brown at the start of this season for continuing to insist that we were a good team and were going to rattle off a run of 10 straight (I was one of them)

We didn't quite rattle off 10-straight but the run we've been on meets the spirit if not the letter of his statement.

I think we're a WS caliber team if we can get 2/3 of Garcia, Verlander/McCullers healthy for the rest of the year, and maybe some help at 1B

All it took was shedding the dead weight of Abreu, an MVP candidate, and three starting pitchers.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I hope it's 2022 for us again too.

I still think it's the Phillies year but I'm hoping we can make a run in the AL side of the bracket
iamtheglove

AggiEE said:

linkdude said:

"....that's on Joe...."
The Porkchop Express
win pace up to 85.

I have never had any alcohol in my life but if this is how Espada is going to run the bullpen and we make the playoffs, I might have to start.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Ag_07
AG
It was a BP game.

Serious question...How else was he supposed to use it?
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah I truly have no idea why people are so upset. Mind blowing really.

Those bullpen games are difficult to win. And they won and continue to be red hot. Why can't we ever be happy?
gougler08
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah I truly have no idea why people are so upset. Mind blowing really.

Those bullpen games are difficult to win. And they won and continue to be red hot. Why can't we ever be happy?
Do you even texags?
First Page Last Page
Page 1034 of 1056

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.