***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,867,204 Views | 67416 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BCEDAg
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They stole one from us in Houston, and it seems like we stole one back today. Good to win some games lately that we weren't earlier in the season.
Mr.Bond
AG
cc10106 said:

They stole one from us in Houston, and it seems like we stole one back today. Good to win some games lately that we weren't earlier in the season.

I was there..... ****in Hader lol
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Chrundle the Great
AG
Debate Chandler's caustic tweeting style, but the man knows how to write an article that *almost* makes you want to subscribe to the athletic. Almost.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

How do I read this for free in n my phone?
Faustus
Edited based on subsequent JRR posts.

You'd think I'd learn to read the whole thread before posting, but most of the time you can get away with it.
Chrundle the Great
AG
What I've been doing is clicking the link, then don't scroll but immediately hit print and reading the print preview. There's probably better ways.
TRM
AG
I think this is the whole article

https://archive.ph/G98Et
All I do is Nguyen
Wowwwww this is one hell of a turnaround

W
AG
I trust H.B. will get one of the starts after the break in Seattle
All I do is Nguyen
MaxPower
Awesome leadership by Bregman
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
This is my favorite tweet of the day

scd88
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I have thought this team was missing that dog in the clubhouse this year. Maldy and Uncle Mike maybe had that in them. We just seemed really passive.

Recently, Tuve has been pretty vocal and then he gets tossed. Maybe he has become that dog. He has always been a great guy and led by example. Perhaps he's taken it upon himself to be that clubhouse leader.

Just a thought. I could be way off on this but I do feel there's something different about Jose recently.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Nice
Farmer1906
AG
He's overrated.
MaxPower
Yeah dunno why he's moving up after stagnating this season. Seems lazy where they just take off the guys who aren't eligible and move everyone up.
Ciboag96
EastCoastAgNc said:

Looks like my Hunter Brown bobble head shrine to JR Richard under the 610 bridge is working
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
wangus12
AG
Jose was here during those 100 loss seasons and he ain't going back. He says the window is only allowed to close when he hangs up his cleats
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah Melton is an interesting one. I'm really not that high on him and think there's a half dozen guys in the farm system who I would keep over him right now.
The Porkchop Express
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I think it's actually stuff like this that makes other fanbases hate the Astros.

Remember in '19 when Yordan just shows up out of nowhere and starts killing the ball? We continue to have developed talent come up and contribute like nobody's business.
Life is better with a beagle
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Maybe worst one I've ever seen. But then again highlights weren't that plentiful
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

n_touch
EastCoastAgNc said:

Are we saying Bregman may becoming a mentor and leader in the clubhouse because.....
MaxPower
That's the kiss of death with Crane. Everybody who becomes a leader leaves (Springer, Correa).
Ag_07
AG
MaxPower said:

That's the kiss of death with Crane. Everybody who becomes a leader leaves (Springer, Correa).

I mean your leaders are your best players who command the biggest contracts so that makes sense.

And to be fair we should be glad Springer left. He is and will continue to be a boat anchor for TOR.

For now we need Tucker to STFU and just stick to clubhouse DJ.
Texas A&M
The last 10 seconds might be the best... "They're not going anywhere" (in a positive way).

spadilly
S
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin
AG
n_touch said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Are we saying Bregman may becoming a mentor and leader in the clubhouse because.....

No, we are saying the pitching coaches are worthless.

That's a joke, but it does make you wonder just a bit...
texasaggie2015
AG
That 3.53 ERA may not pop out but they play in a big time hitter friendly league.

For reference: He's second in the Pacific Coast League in ERA among qualified pitchers. The league leader has a 3.26.

He's also fourth in WHIP. He's had a very good year.
iamtheglove
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

How do I read this for free in n my phone?
When you click on the article link look in the url bar. You'll see an "Aa" icon. Tap that and choose "reader view" in the drop down menu.
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I will never not be convinced that this guy is anything but the love child of AJ Hinch and Scott Coolbaugh
Life is better with a beagle
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I will never not be convinced that this guy is anything but the love child of AJ Hinch and Scott Coolbaugh

Hopefully he doesn't live up to his name and take a painfully long time to reach completion of his minor league career
First Page Last Page
Page 992 of 1927

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.