***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,855,042 Views | 67350 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by linkdude
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

lack of power after Yordan's spot in the order...

big problem tonight
Meyers needs move down now that he has cooled off and this lineup is going to be pretty weak without Tucker and until we pick up a decent 1b.
3B Paul 97
AG
Team has a win streak and then an off night for the offense and everyone is ready for an overhaul.
_veeyah_
AG
This is about to get ugly huh…
JohnLA762
AG
_veeyah_ said:

I thought you were from the future for a moment. WHEW!
scrimp
AG
Montero makes me irrationally angry. Dude can never have a an easy inning
JPN06
_veeyah_ said:

We are about to put up a crooked number. You can pretend that's what you meant when it happens.
_veeyah_
AG
JPN06 said:

_veeyah_ said:

We are about to put up a crooked number. You can pretend that's what you meant when it happens.

That's exactly what I meant!!!
Mathguy64
AG
Strike one called a ball. Dude is just bad.
Beau Holder
AG
Quintana was on the ropes the entire time and this one was there for the taking, and it's entirely self-inflicted. Eight LOB by one guy. Bregman's error. Letting Nunez get through two.

Trying to remember the last loss that was this frustrating in a season with plenty of them.
JPN06
This arsehole pitching wears trilby hats while doing slam poetry
W
AG
Altuve doubles
JPN06
Bregman owes a bomb for the E5
JohnLA762
AG
Why do we pay Bregman?
Big Bucks
AG
Tonight is on me gentlemen. I have had two straight weeks of out of town work conferences so between those and the Aggies I haven't sat down to watch an Astros game in that time. Until tonight.
JPN06
JohnLA762 said:

Why do we pay Bregman?
I was hoping for an MVP type contract season but looks like we are going to get a league average performance.
bearkatag15
AG
Heineken-Ashi
htxag09 said:

JohnLA762 said:

JPN06 said:

Jake sucks

He has been hosed tonight. He has every right to be mad.

That one was a strike. Even the Astros radio crew looking at statcast said it caught the bottom of the zone.

I'm not sure how the strike zone is set up for statcast, but the side angle showed the ball below his knees the whole time. It was a clear ball.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
JPN06
Heineken-Ashi said:

htxag09 said:

JohnLA762 said:

JPN06 said:

Jake sucks

That one was a strike. Even the Astros radio crew looking at statcast said it caught the bottom of the zone.

I'm not sure how the strike zone is set up for statcast, but the side angle showed the ball below his knees the whole time. It was a clear ball.
Im going to guess its more accurate than a camera side angle and your eyeballs
JohnLA762
AG
To be fair, his eye with that camera view was able to identify a ball so…
Beau Holder
AG
Mets are down an arm overall due to suspension and missing their top two closing options and they're going to get through a win with minimal taxing on the pen.
Mathguy64
AG
JPN06 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

htxag09 said:

JohnLA762 said:

JPN06 said:

Jake sucks

It 100% was below his front knee. The only question is where Jake was standing. Back of the box or over the plate. If he was back of the box it could have been knee high on the plate.
Harry Dunne
Forget Robo-umps. They should just text you guys and ask you what you thought based on the side angle camera.
Heineken-Ashi
JPN06 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

htxag09 said:

JohnLA762 said:

JPN06 said:

Jake sucks

Sounds logical. But how can you be sure statcast adjust for the players frame and stance? The camera angle was staring at Jake and the ball was clearly below his knees. Perhaps the camera angle was off. But for him to get pissed like that, something he never does, it tells me my eyes are just fine.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
JPN06
Heineken-Ashi said:

JPN06 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

htxag09 said:

JohnLA762 said:

JPN06 said:

Jake sucks

Sounds logical. But how can you be sure statcast adjust for the players frame and stance? The camera angle was staring at Jake and the ball was clearly below his knees. Perhaps the camera angle was off. But for him to get pissed like that, something he never does, it tells me my eyes are just fine.

I think statcast is often wrong on borderline pitches based on what I see. I was just busting your balls.
JohnLA762
AG
Just not our night. Regroup tomorrow and go win this series.
FrioAg 00
AG
Come on twins, save us from giving a game back
Heineken-Ashi
JPN06 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

JPN06 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

htxag09 said:

JohnLA762 said:

JPN06 said:

Jake sucks

I think statcast is often wrong on borderline pitches based on what I see. I was just busting your balls.

But it was my eyes that got their feelings hurt.
Beau Holder
AG
Dubon has earned a nice day off tomorrow.
Mathguy64
AG
Dubon with 10 LOB. I don't know what the team record is but if it's worse than that someone had a Shartastic game.
W
AG
17 baserunners = 2 runs

and after Altuve's leadoff home run...

16 baserunners = 1 run

too many guys hitting too high in the order
W
AG
Yordan + Yainer + Jake + Pena...reached base 12 times tonight

they scored 1 run
_veeyah_
AG
Has this been the worst game for Doobie at the plate? Man that was pretty bad. But that E5 was costly. Let's go get them tomorrow boys, we can still win the series!!
RED AG 98
AG
Need to sit that imposter Marcel Dubon guy and bring back the OG Mauricio, my ride or die!!!
tjack16
AG
Halfway point of the season.

40-41

Imagine making the prediction on the offseason thread back in February
Beau Holder
AG
Twins took a one-run lead into the 8th and promptly choked it, predictably.
First Page Last Page
Page 963 of 1925

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.