***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,848,887 Views | 67317 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Big Al 1992
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's pretty obvious by now…. But we'll have to hear from all sorts of sunshine pumpers on this site (referring to posters and not staff here) telling us how good the hire is and if you won't support it, you don't know baseball.
Daddy-O5
AG
This hire is going to suck isn't it?

Need some good news from the Stros soon.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Heefner doesn't upset me at all. But TexAgs is texags so they all have to hate everything.

iBrad
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Heefner doesn't upset me at all. But TexAgs is texags so they all have to hate everything.

A lot of the same crowd was desperate for our AD to hold a press conference to address Schloss leaving. They're worried about perception and what their tu buddies might post on Facebook about us.

In reality, any of the names being mentioned would do great here. Heefner and Skip Johnson would both be outstanding hires but aren't enough of a name to give people the warm and fuzzies.
Marvin
AG
It was a wet fart of an update. We may end up with a good coach- I wouldn't know. But, the names listed generally do not evoke thoughts of being equal to Schloser as a coach. And they won't fire up the donor base.

Oh, and I hold Ketch personally responsible for getting my irrational hopes up. (lol)
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
txags92
AG
iamtheglove said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Man Rob is trying so hard to not hurt the umpires delicate little feelings
Quote:

"This was done in direct response to a perceived increase in the incidence of Players and other On-Field Personnel using the dugout tablets in particular, the feed that includes the strike zone graphic to argue balls and strikes, and in some cases to berate, harass and embarrass Major League umpires," read a memo the league and union jointly issued to teams on Tuesday.
Quote:

There's one catch, though: players who use a dugout tablet to "embarrass, denigrate, or question the impartiality or ability of an umpire," will face increased penalties going forward. Players remain subject to ejection and can now be fined between $2,500 and $7,500 for a first-time violation, with progressive discipline from there. Previously, players were fined, but the amounts were never before specifically codified, and were always lower.

When are umpires going to get fined if they are bad at their jobs and impact the outcome of games?
How about fining umps on a per pitch basis for every one they get incorrect. Make them pay for their Yankee love.
Ag_07
AG
That's bit much IMO

But it's as simple as publishing their correct call percentage just like a batting average. Post em up on TV when they show the umpire crew.

When an ump goes below an agreed upon correct percentage they're demoted and someone else is called up.

Create some sense of accountability.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
What did that great hire get us last time…3 years and this situation.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
2 trips to the CWS and having us play for it all in year 3. More successful than any other A&M coach in our history
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Annnnnnd gone, like a fart in the wind. To our in state rival, he was one of the sleaziest people I've ever heard of.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
If he would've won a national championship, I couldn't have cared less about his integrity. It's time to win a national championship in something of substance before we make it 100 years or I die…
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
He didn't though…and possibly, specifically, because of his lack of integrity.

We will never know
BadAggie
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
He got us closer than anyone in my lifetime.
texasaggie2015
AG
Okay so quick update and I'm just repeating what I'm hearing... we went hard after Brian O'Conner but his family loves Virginia and he has relatives who have recently moved there as well. He's considering (or has considered) it and time will tell if we were able to make a big push and persuade him. I'm told we won't wait long though and will move quickly to the next candidate.

Besides that, these coaching searches are absolutely wild and I'm on the verge of giving up trying to track things down and just letting it play out because it's making my head spin. Haha
Ag_07
AG
From someone who has no inside sources or any kind of information on how things go behind the scenes I find it incredibly fascinating on how these coach searches go down and the logistics, negotiating, and hiring process involved. Wild to me regardless much less one going down in just a few days like this one.

A college coach search is right up there with MLB trade deadline and NFL draft war room on my 'Wish I could be a fly on that wall' bucket list.
texasaggie2015
AG
The Astros can get above .500 tonight
203Raggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

What a ride to this point.
Beau Holder
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

This is all I'm focused on.
texasaggie2015
AG
Gameday: Rainiers 6, Space Cowboys 9 Final Score (06/27/2024) (milb.com)

Shay Whitcomb homered and played left field last night
bearkatag15
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Gameday: Rainiers 6, Space Cowboys 9 Final Score (06/27/2024) (milb.com)

Shay Whitcomb homered and played left field last night

Probably should convince Toronto he's as good as Vlad Jr
houag78
AG
Still in somewhat disbelief about us getting to .500 (and extremely happy about it). And the last few weeks have been without Tucker. If we can get he and Yordan hot at the same time, we can be a serious deep playoff team.
Daddy-O5
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Let's goooooooooooo
Ag_07
AG
I think a good handful of us owe Dana an apology.
203Raggie
AG
houag78 said:

Still in somewhat disbelief about us getting to .500 (and extremely happy about it). And the last few weeks have been without Tucker. If we can get he and Yordan hot at the same time, we can be a serious deep playoff team.

This team is definitely playing the brand of baseball we more or less expected to see. Just different names in certain spots.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beau Holder
AG
Ag_07 said:

Maybe Crane finally started letting him cook?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

I dont know that anyone has questioned his work with the lower levels / draft. The primary issues have been management of the big league club / roster, and lets be honest, that's not an area he has hardly any influence over. It's just very sad to have them parade him around like he's the decision maker when we all know that isn't true.
Ag_07
AG
I'm talking about raking him over the coals for saying things like 'This team is about to go a run' etc.

Many on this board laughed and ripped on him yet here we are.
n_touch
houag78 said:

Whats our record with and without Tucker?
texasaggie2015
AG
11-5
Beau Holder
AG
Not a needed piece, trade for prospects.
texasaggie2015
AG
That damn lollygagger brings down the entire clubhouse
All I do is Nguyen
EastCoastAgNc said:

Baseball is truly an amazing sport. Love it
tjack16
AG
It really could be as simple as getting Abreu off the roster helped this team. They needed to get certain guys more playing time and at bats. Abreu was keeping a few guys from getting their shot.
First Page Last Page
Page 954 of 1924

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.