***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,843,866 Views | 67302 Replies | Last: 24 sec ago by RED AG 98
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
5-5 would be minimum, got to avoid a backslide. Hopefully closer to 7-3.
Mathguy64
AG
So. Does Tucker play at all on this road trip? I'm betting not. 6-7 days before he's healthy enough to play and then at least 2 games in the minors. I'm betting he's out until they come home.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Mathguy64 said:

So. Does Tucker play at all on this road trip? I'm betting not. 6-7 days before he's healthy enough to play and then at least 2 games in the minors. I'm betting he's out until they come home.
Guy's a cancer, we're red hot without him.
Mathguy64
AG
Lolligagging hack. Send him to Florida for 40 ABs.
3B Paul 97
AG
Clearly more hustle on the team without that lollygagger.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
linkdude
AG
And the follow-up
BadAggie
AG
til we saw their arms off

Hornbeck
AG
linkdude said:

And the follow-up

Dude looks younger than Schlossnagle. I guess partying does that to ya.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Black don't crack
JPN06
cc10106 said:

how the Astros spit on the Rockies this year

How did this post get 11 stars?

If we start hawk tuaing again Im blaming it on this.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

The injuries have gotten so bad that the media folks are getting hurt by proxy
W
AG
Mets down another reliever for the weekend series

Drew Smith to the IL

I think he was closing in Diaz' absence -- who has already started his suspension
Beau Holder
AG
Guessing Ottavino might be next up.
Hornbeck
AG
Prosperdick
AG
Take 2 of 3 and we finish June with a winning record! Of course I'd prefer we get greedy but I'm trying not to tempt the baseball gods. Mets have been really hot lately.
Booma94
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

The injuries have gotten so bad that the media folks are getting hurt by proxy
Well according to the Astros' medical staff, he's only experiencing arm discomfort.
HarryRocket
Curious what the record is with Abreau in the lineup vs Abreau not in the lineup.

Anyone tracking that?
All I do is Nguyen
HarryRocket said:

Curious what the record is with Abreau in the lineup vs Abreau not in the lineup.

Anyone tracking that?
There have been several posts stating the records, I can't remember what it is but we are vastly worse WITH Abreu than without
Beau Holder
AG
Need Spadilly with the off day post early today.
All I do is Nguyen
So for those of you with deeper knowledge of the farm system than I, what would it take to get Vlad Jr. here?

I am okay giving up Chas but I am not that familiar with what we have in the farm to give up. I know we have given up a lot already in recent years.
texasaggie2015
AG
It won't be cheap- but I imagine it would include a couple players on the big league roster.

Loperfido has been discussed in trades as they see him expendable with the OF talent in the system. I've been told Toronto likes Chas, but considering James Click loved Jake Meyers and James Click is in Toronto now, that could be on the table as well.
Sea Speed
AG
Anyone go this morning? Thought it was hilarious in the comments someone said "unemployed win again"

Beau Holder
AG
Probably the wrong site to find the audience for this collection.

(I think the blue gear is sick personally.)
W
AG
the Astros were 14-21 in games in which Abreu played

12-19 in games in which Abreu started

and looking back to the opening 4-game series vs. the Yankees...

he was 0 for 11 with zero RBI and zero runs scored....while batting 5th or 6th in the order

just a disaster from the start
texasaggie2015
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

It won't be cheap- but I imagine it would include a couple players on the big league roster.

Loperfido has been discussed in trades as they see him expendable with the OF talent in the system. I've been told Toronto likes Chas, but considering James Click loved Jake Meyers and James Click is in Toronto now, that could be on the table as well.
Adding to this... if Toronto thinks Loperfido can play first, he could be their Vlad replacement.

Jake Meyers, Loperfido and a good young arm. Probably one more piece too. There's likely some prospects Click is high on that Dana doesn't see the same way.

Just spitballing.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Letting Joey go would seem to be a bad idea. I'd rather have him over Chas.
texasaggie2015
AG
I will say the fans have much higher expectations of him than the organization does.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I will say the fans have much higher expectations of him than the organization does.
Do you think Click would value Melton enough to have him be the centerpiece? You've mentioned the org isn't high on him, maybe click would overvalue him to our benefit.
W
AG
and during the sweeps to the Yankees, Royals, Braves, and Cubs back in April...

Abreu went 0 for 27 at the plate
Marvin
AG
Who do you believe in more- Chas or Jake? The data indicates that Chas is the better player, but that assumes 2024 to date is an anomaly. The last month indicates that April and May were just evidence of a slow start, so maybe it has been.

Regardless, it will take substantially more capital to get an impact pitcher or first baseman. Not sure how Brown will be able to swing a significant trade.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Sea Speed
AG
Beau Holder said:

Probably the wrong site to find the audience for this collection.

(I think the blue gear is sick personally.)

My favorite Astros hat is the bun b collab that just says STROS in rainbow on a blue hat.
tjack16
AG
Every year those BunB hats get worse and worse
Ag_07
AG
Crazy to say but I think I rather keep Jake.

I think Chas' 2023 was the anomaly.
texasaggie2015
AG
Melton's value is starting to decline a bit. He's old for AA and his numbers aren't really impressive.

That said, it's completely possibly someone like Click and Toronto think they can tweak something with him.

It's funny. The more I listen to people talk about the prospects the more I realize the variance in how they're viewed. The top prospect list that MLB.com puts out is entirely different than how Team A evaluates and sees their players. Which is very different from how Team B evaluates. And then you have the fans who have completely different views as well.
First Page Last Page
Page 948 of 1923

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.