***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,850,355 Views | 67324 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 3B Paul 97
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Farmer1906 said:

Father time is still undefeated. If I get even a little drunk i need a whole damn day to recover anymore. Unlike in my twenties where I could get wasted 4 days in a row
Im nearly 38, My back has hurt since Labor Day last year…how you ask, bending over to layout my bass boat cover. Some days it comes and goes, some it runs to my toes and some I can't hardly stand up
Sciatica aint no joke. Here you go. Best $10 ever spent, at least that I can put on here. Back Stretcher
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc
AG

What year is this?
linkdude
AG
Had no idea Keuchel was in the Mariner's org.
Beau Holder
AG
Dallas is out there trying to hit every AAA team in the land.
BadAggie
AG
What to buy?

SP
1B

Maybe a bullpen arm? Most uncertainty today is with the starting rotation with JV out with a neck injury. Blanco has been awesome but already the most IP in his career, no?

Framber can turn in a horrid second half.

Brown added a pitch can he continue to punish the league with it?

Arrighetti inconsistent.

Yeah Garcia and McCullers are slated to return but unknown what theyll be able to contribute.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
linkdude said:

Had no idea Keuchel was in the Mariner's org.
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

What year is this?
They traded Pete Vukovich for him.
Farmer1906
AG
BadAggie said:

What to buy?

SP
1B

Maybe a bullpen arm? Most uncertainty today is with the starting rotation with JV out with a neck injury. Blanco has been awesome but already the most IP in his career, no?

Framber can turn in a horrid second half.

Brown added a pitch can he continue to punish the league with it?

Arrighetti inconsistent.

Yeah Garcia and McCullers are slated to return but unknown what theyll be able to contribute.

We need an above average to good SP. and we need them soon. I've been on this kick since Javier went down.
Mathguy64
AG
If you believe in miracles and tooth fairies we have two coming. If we are lucky one will be decent. Maybe they let them do tandem starts to ease the burden on each.
cc10106
The Luis McCullers, Jr. express. Who starts is anyone's guess.

Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

If you believe in miracles and tooth fairies we have two coming. If we are lucky one will be decent. Maybe they let them do tandem starts to ease the burden on each.

I am all abroad the the LMJ train. That's not enough. We need more.
The Porkchop Express
AG
So instead of working, I've spent a good bit of time doing a comprehensive update of Astros' bingo.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1edgd2SkGQFKtrwklFHDDTKOzVF5LFDK9c__Hwfz6olY/edit?usp=sharing

Here's the updated standings:
KAF: 6
Txags92 / gproducer / 07ag / RO519 4.5
bodacousbood14, Buck Compton: 4
RED AG 98 / Porkchop 2
jkag89: 1

KAF has really lit up the card with 6 points out of 10 choices including:
Abreu returns, Ags CWS but no win, Bregman 30+ RBI thru 81 games, Astros 5+ game win streak, Ranger fans starting **** on the Astros bingo thread, and Hader recording a 1-2-3 inning for a save.

Recent activated additions to the card are:
  • Jose Abreu returns
  • Jose Abreu released/retired
  • Aggies get to CWS but don't win
  • Martin Maldonado gets a hit vs. the Astros
  • Mauricio Dubon becomes a starter

Things that are looming close in terms of time span / achievability include:
  • Altuve .325 through 81 games - Probably not going to raise his average 26 points in the next 3 games.
  • Bregman reaches 10 HR this year - He's at 9, so God help us all if he doesn't get to 10
  • Pena at .300 through 81 games - He's down to .280 that's out unless he and Jose both go crazy
  • Chas gets to 5 HR by the All-Star break - He's at 3 after his big SUnday. He's got 21 days to hit 2 more HR.
  • Yuey Guperfido takes over as a stater. He started the last 3 games in a row since the callup. We'll see what happens this week and make a call.
  • Astros hit .500. Closest we've been since 0-2.
  • Josh Hader 15 saves - he has 11 right now
  • Ronel / Pena All-stars: Ronel seems like a lot, Pena not so much anymore

Farmer1906
AG
cc10106
So the Seattle series after the All Star break if we're lucky. Got it.
MaxPower
The main issue with pitching is everyone needs it and everyone has a better farm. You will need to be savvy and acquire a back end type guy you think you can improve.

1B may also be an issue. Both the Yanks and M's can use one and have plenty of ammo.

Robert might bizarrely be the most likely. Most contenders have a good CF so they likely wouldn't pay the premium the Sox want. The teams that could use one like the Dodgers are probably more focused on pitching.
The Porkchop Express
AG
2 things

#1 imagine how bad the white sox will be after they get trade purged over the next 2 months. Maldy will be batting leadoff.

#2 when I was looking up stuff for Astros' bingo, I noticed that if you take away the two throw-away games where Yuperfido has used as a pinch runner in the 9th or 10th inning (both losses), the Astros are 11-5 in games that he starts. (.688 winning percentage)

Take away those 2 games and he's at 16 games played, 1/10th of an MLB season, with paces of:
172 hits, 30 doubles, 10 HR, 71 RBI, 20 steals. And his slash is .347.396/.469. And yes he'd be on pace to strike out 213 times, but all those other numbers are fantastic.

All I do is Nguyen
n_touch said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Farmer1906 said:

Father time is still undefeated. If I get even a little drunk i need a whole damn day to recover anymore. Unlike in my twenties where I could get wasted 4 days in a row
Im nearly 38, My back has hurt since Labor Day last year…how you ask, bending over to layout my bass boat cover. Some days it comes and goes, some it runs to my toes and some I can't hardly stand up
Sciatica aint no joke. Here you go. Best $10 ever spent, at least that I can put on here. Back Stretcher
That looks like a medieval torture device
All I do is Nguyen
The Porkchop Express said:

#1 imagine how bad the white sox will be after they get trade purged over the next 2 months. Maldy will be batting leadoff.
I would actually love to see that, if only for the memes
Ag_07
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Take away those 2 games and he's at 16 games played, 1/10th of an MLB season, with paces of:
172 hits, 30 doubles, 10 HR, 71 RBI, 20 steals. And his slash is .347.396/.469. And yes he'd be on pace to strike out 213 times, but all those other numbers are fantastic.

That's such a small sample size I don't think those paces (good or bad) are remotely useful.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
Tucker may be the first player to wrap his entire leg in bubble wrap every AB when he comes back
All I do is Nguyen
Today's lineup may be the best we've had all season, sans tucker
Jose Altuve (D) 2B
Alex Bregman (D) 3B
Yordan Alvarez (Z) DH
Yainer Diaz (D) C
Jeremy Peña (D) SS
Jake Meyers (D) CF
Mauricio Dubn (D) 1B
Chas McCormick (D) RF
Joey Loperfido (Z) LF
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
I gave Chas a fist bump last night so he should have a big game
All I do is Nguyen
You realize if he goes off today what you have to do for every player every game right?
texasaggie2015
AG
Sounds like a lot of legal fees and restraining orders eventually but I'll do anything for TexAgs
The Porkchop Express
AG
Here's a weird question.i heard that all fans outside of houston know that altuve is a cheater. If that's the case, why is he leading the voting for 2b at the all Star game by 270,000 votes over the guy from the game's host city?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Sounds like a lot of legal fees and restraining orders eventually but I'll do anything for TexAgs
All I do is Nguyen
I am imagining 2015 chasing after Altuve screaming "LET ME FIST YOU!!"
texasaggie2015
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I am imagining 2015 chasing after Altuve screaming "LET ME FIST YOU!!"
Sir the phrasing here is outrageous
All I do is Nguyen
Oh it was absolutely intentional
texasaggie2015
AG
And totally unrealistic

I can't remember the last time I ran anywhere
Farmer1906
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 935 of 1924

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.