***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,724,318 Views | 34043 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Lonestar_Ag09
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hundo
Mathguy64
AG
And Gunnar gets to bat.

Great.
W
AG
Abreu gets it done
BadAggie
AG
Got the W
_veeyah_
AG
I hate these shifts….sometimes but got the W.
rausr
AG
What about managerial indifference?
EABC_AG
Lots of hate towards Espada. Feel like a better question is why we are carrying 2 guys in Hernandez and Montero who can't be trusted to cover an 11 run lead. Montero has some of the worst underlying numbers in the league, I'd be surprised if he is on the roster at the end of the season.
All I do is Nguyen
Thank sweet baby Jesus. Can we never allow that dumb **** to happen again??
Mr.Bond
AG
Release your vaginas ladies
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

spadilly
S
BALLGAME. Thankfully.
Twisted Helix
Ha. My feed froze while the ball was in the air.
Apparently it was caught.
agproducer
AG
Finally
bearkatag15
AG
Abreu needs to hit the IL and take a break. His arm will fall off by August
FrioAg 00
AG
I'm concerned about this one other than Montero continuing to regress again.

Nick is an arm we don't put into close games. Him getting rocked really doesn't mean anything.
Silent For Too Long
Never a doubt.

The Espada hate in here has gotten as bad as the Dusty hate. It makes this thread unreadable at times.
The Beef01
AG
_veeyah_ said:

The Beef01 said:

Just the essence of bullpen mismanagement…I'm done after this; doesn't matter how it goes, this was a manager who saw a HR and just said "meh, it's only 1" and then allows them to do it again…and again…and finally decides to pull his struggling minor leaguer to put in his struggling major leaguer.

Guy is so far beneath competent and people can ***** about Crane and Abreu, etc…hiring this lipstick-wearing clown is the biggest red flag.

Still need better bullpen arms than what we have, yet our front office did absolutely nothing during the offseason.

All he had to do tonight was use arms which actually belong on a ML roster and it never gets to this point. His use of Hernandez was defensible until he brought him back out after giving up the HR in the 7th.

He also never should've brought Bloss out for the 4th given the way the 3rd went, his pitch limit and the short/quick bottom of the 3rd. He did it and Bloss is now hurt…when the guy paid to be positive on-air by the club can barely hide his WTF?!?! reaction, that's how you know you made a stupid decision.
_veeyah_
AG
Will our BP have any arms left by the time we make the playoffs? I doubt Espada will be able to manage it the way Bochy did last year.
Prosperdick
AG
Ag4life80
AG
Montero is a disgrace to the uniform
Mr.Bond
AG
WE ARE ****IN BACK
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

BadAggie
AG
Started a AA pitcher, got the W.

I'll take it.
The Beef01
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Never a doubt.

The Espada hate in here has gotten as bad as the Dusty hate. It makes this thread unreadable at times.

Then don't read it, problem solved.

The organization has gone from 7-straight ALCS appearances to "very possibly won't make the playoffs" and the rookie manager is factoring into that.

So, I find it far more bothersome to see someone simping for a guy who absolutely has no business having this job.

**Example : They won tonight, but he very possibly harmed your depth by putting a young pitcher in an unnecessary situation and he got hurt. Then he plays games with his bullpen and forces more tread off of Abreu's tires. These decisions don't just happen in a vacuum, they have consequences.
Maroon&Fight
I haven't been on this thread nor checked the standings in a while, did everyone realize we're a half game above the Rangers? Lol even with how bad this season has been they really were a one hit wonder
agproducer
AG
We may have won, but still #Feckless.
Beat40
The Beef01 said:

_veeyah_ said:

The Beef01 said:

Just the essence of bullpen mismanagement…I'm done after this; doesn't matter how it goes, this was a manager who saw a HR and just said "meh, it's only 1" and then allows them to do it again…and again…and finally decides to pull his struggling minor leaguer to put in his struggling major leaguer.

Guy is so far beneath competent and people can ***** about Crane and Abreu, etc…hiring this lipstick-wearing clown is the biggest red flag.

Still need better bullpen arms than what we have, yet our front office did absolutely nothing during the offseason.

All he had to do tonight was use arms which actually belong on a ML roster and it never gets to this point. His use of Hernandez was defensible until he brought him back out after giving up the HR in the 7th.

He also never should've brought Bloss out for the 4th given the way the 3rd went, his pitch limit and the short/quick bottom of the 3rd. He did it and Bloss is now hurt…when the guy paid to be positive on-air by the club can barely hide his WTF?!?! reaction, that's how you know you made a stupid decision.

Who the **** should he have brought in? Honestly. Tell me who the **** he should have brought in.

Do you not realize Seth, Tayler, Abreu, Pressly, and Hader have been overused as **** so far this season? Abreu Presslly, and Hader came off 2 games in a row too!!

Damn man, starting pitcher gets hurt and Dubin gives two ****ing innings. Up 14 to ****ing 3 and you want him to bring in Seth, Tayler, Abreu, Pressly, or Hader when it's 14-6 in the 7th.

At some point you have to stop blaming Joe and blame the ****ing organization that isn't putting MLB talent on this ****ing roster.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Beef01 said:

Twisted Helix said:

I wonder if between innings when the mics are off if Blum and TK just lose their *****

I have it on very good authority that they absolutely do…especially Blummer.

Ag_07
AG
_veeyah_ said:

Will our BP have any arms left by the time we make the playoffs? I doubt Espada will be able to manage it the way Bochy did last year.

You mean our rookie manager can't manage as well as a multi WS winning HOF manager?
The Beef01
AG
Beat40 said:

The Beef01 said:

_veeyah_ said:

The Beef01 said:

Who the **** should he have brought in? Honestly. Tell me who the **** he should have brought in.

Do you not realize Seth, Tayler, Abreu, Pressly, and Hader have been overused as **** so far this season? Abreu Presslly, and Hader came off 2 games in a row too!!

Damn man, starting pitcher gets hurt and Dubin gives two ****ing innings. Up 14 to ****ing 3 and you want him to bring in Seth, Tayler, Abreu, Pressly, or Hader when it's 14-6 in the 7th.

At some point you idiots have to stop blaming Joe and blame the ****ing organization isn't putting MLB talent on this ****ing roster.

Nobody is giving the front office a pass, they made a huge mistake with Abreu, not making plans to replace Graveman, hiring Espada and not forcing him to replace Cintron/Snitker/Miller. The front office is absolutely culpable, but it's late June and they're under .500 and despite what you want to think, aren't even at the top of the league in terms of injuries…at some point, I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but Espada is making dumb moves and doing dumb things.
EABC_AG
Exactly, Espada is managing handicapped with 3-4 roster spots that are highly negative (Singleton, Montero, Hernandez as a start). Would be nice to see us cut some of the dead weight
Ag_07
AG
Preach brother preach
Beat40
The Beef01 said:

Beat40 said:

The Beef01 said:

_veeyah_ said:

The Beef01 said:

At some point you idiots have to stop blaming Joe and blame the ****ing organization isn't putting MLB talent on this ****ing roster.

It's ok man, I think you're a dumb **** too, so you can know it's mutual.

I took the idiot part out because it's not helpful.

But seriously. Who the hell should he have brought in at 14-6 in the 7th with the current bullpen usage?

That is a seriously question I want you to answer.

Also - don't take my rant as I'm as "Joe is the guy" guy. I'm very much on the fence. But it's also right to be fair and acknowledge Joe has been ****ed by this organization.
All I do is Nguyen
I agree we need to trade for either a SP or a bullpen arm. We need major league depth in the pitching staff badly
BadAggie
AG
36-40
5.0 games back of 3rd Wild Card spot
7.0 games back of Division lead

Beat40
Come on - you're not hurting my feelings. This is an internet message board.

I've never said Espada hasn't made dumb decisions. Everyone's favorite manager, Hinch, was questioned at almost every turn as well.

You are the one saying all he had to do was put an MLB arm in to keep the game from going the way it went. All I have asked you is who he should have used, given the current state of the bullpen and its usage given the circumstances of the game at that time.
All I do is Nguyen
First Page Last Page
Page 914 of 973

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.