***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,279,570 Views | 60224 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by txags92
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Door #2 hands down

I'm completely used to and almost expect Aggie sports teams to let me down. I'm immune to it and that's why I don't get emotionally invested into any Aggie team.
RO519
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I'm on the wrong thread for this, but #1 all day every day.
Same here. Stros have two WS in recent history. Ags need a championship in one of the big 3 sports.
Farmer1906
AG
It is time to bring home JD.

If you're not going to sign Cooper to platoon with Singleton, then Davis makes some sense. He's played mainly at 1B this season. He can play 3B and LF in a pinch.

If you platoon them correctly you get a top half (maybe higher) first baseman in the order for cheap.

Vs RHP

Vs LHP
texasaggie2015
AG
It's wild how there's seemingly no interest in Cooper or Davis (so far). It's a perfect fit.
Beau Holder
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Genie appears in front of you. Says he'll grant you one of the following two scenarios.

Door #1 - Aggies win the Wednesday with a 10-0 no-hitter, then win the the NC on back-to-back no-hitters over the weekend. Astros miss the playoffs and lose 90 games

or

Door #2 - Aggies fall short in the CWS, but the Astros rally to a 100-win season and sweep the ALDS, ALCS, and WS.

Chrundle the Great
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

It's wild how there's seemingly no interest in Cooper or Davis (so far). It's a perfect fit.

Are we missing something? Why does this team seem unable to even consider a platoon at 1b going back to 2022 even.
Prosperdick
AG
redline248 said:

I'll take the guaranteed Aggie championship. I have seen the Astros win 2.
That's where I'm at and how incredible would it be to see that group of Aggies get to celebrate and raise up the trophy. That team is special and they deserve it.
cc10106
Door #2 easily

Besides being a historical achievement with potential sweeps over NY and LA, it would cement the Astros' dynasty beyond any doubt. Not to mention the window is probably closing soon, at least for a while.

An Aggie football natty is more comparable and much less likely to happen IMO while Aggie baseball is clearly becoming a powerhouse for years to come.
MaxPower
texasaggie2015 said:

I mean, it's still good to see. That's all I'm saying. I just don't like being all doom and gloom all the time
True, we should at least get higher quality rentals.
BCEDAg
AG

Hornbeck said:

tjack16 said:

Tough day for DFW. Mavs and Rangers getting blown out

I've been telling you guys since January that the Rangers would miss the playoffs.

No surprise for me either that they are floundering so far this season. Pitching injuries to Scherzer and Degrom are part of the reason but let's not forget they didn't even win he division last year. It's just a matter of getting hot at the right time and that's why they won the WS.
Beau Holder
AG
Really should put into perspective for everyone how lucking into one doesn't remotely compare to competing for them every year for seven years. Injuries, guys regressing after career years, other teams getting better, all of the above happens all the time. It's not going to be easy for anyone to replicate.
07ag
AG

Genie appears in front of you. Says he'll grant you one of the following two scenarios.

Door #1 - Aggies win the Wednesday with a 10-0 no-hitter, then win the the NC on back-to-back no-hitters over the weekend. Astros miss the playoffs and lose 90 games

or

Door #2 - Aggies fall short in the CWS, but the Astros rally to a 100-win season and sweep the ALDS, ALCS, and WS.

would be fine with either guaranteed though
W
AG
sometimes folks forget that the Astros were bad during the 2020 regular season

finished with a losing record

the expanded playoffs saved the ALCS streak
Beau Holder
AG
Good point, I should've said last six full seasons since the Mickey Mouse one was pointless and doesn't count for anything.
Mathguy64
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Are they waiting on the option window to close? It's the same with Abreu. Once it closes and they become a FA then we owe Abreu his full contract and anyone else can sign him for the league min. Before that and it's a trade and there must be compensation.

Davis just got DFAed and obviously it's not closed. I don't think the window on Cooper is closed yet.
RED AG 98
AG
Door 1 without hesitation for me. Ags have been mostly irrelevant on the national scene my entire lifetime and I'd like to see a championship.
Chef Elko
AG

or

Door #1 is hard to turn down when the Astros have won 2 WS.

BUT, if Door #2 includes sweeping the Ranger in ALDS (if that seeding is possible), Yankees in ALCS and Dodgers in the WS as the Astros give everyone the biggest middle finger possible while I drown in hater tears, I'll choose Door #2.
The Porkchop Express
AG
It's a trick question
Ags are definitely winning the cws and stros are making the playoffs. No genie required
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Booma94
AG

It's a trick question
Ags are definitely winning the cws and stros are making the playoffs. No genie required
What're you, Tony Robbins? Look at this positivity... It would be awesome if you are correct.
All I do is Nguyen
Beat40
With college baseball coming to a close soon, I need the Astros to pick it up and make things interesting, otherwise it will be a long summer!
RO519
AG
Ohh Vicki Vallencourt

tjack16
AG

or

Door 1. All day
Bert315
AG
tjack16 said:

or

Door 1. All day

100% no question. I doubt there has ever been back to back to back no hitters much less at a CWS final.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Booma94 said:

It's a trick question
What're you, Tony Robbins? Look at this positivity... It would be awesome if you are correct.
Wabs
AG
Door 1 all day and twice on Sunday.
Farmer1906
AG
Damn!

tjack16
AG
2024 Texas A&M national champions pennant would look great next to me 2017 and 2022 World Series ones in the game room
texasaggie2015
AG
They're going to be very careful with him
The Porkchop Express
AG
Next question, how many people think the Ags could do better vs. the White Sox than the Astros could do against Tennessee?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG

Next question, how many people think the Ags could do better vs. the White Sox than the Astros could do against Tennessee?

Sorry but that's an absolute joke. A Major League Baseball team or even a AAA team would destroy most any ncaa team nearly any given day. It's still baseball but let's be real
The Porkchop Express
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Sorry but that's an absolute joke. A Major League Baseball team or even a AAA team would destroy most any ncaa team nearly any given day. It's still baseball but let's be real
Yah it was a joke. That's why there was a happy time smile face next to it.

Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Damn!

So it's gone from "doing fine and expect him to start" to "yeah it's not as good as we thought"

They need to bite the bullet, put him on the IL retroactively and call someone up for a spot start. Do NOT try and move someone up a day.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Damn!

So it's gone from "doing fine and expect him to start" to "yeah it's not as good as we thought"

They need to bite the bullet, put him on the IL retroactively and call someone up for a spot start. Do NOT try and move someone up a day.
Only 8 starts in AA, but come on down Jake Bloss.

1.74 ERA & 0.823 WHIP in 60 inning across A+ & AA.
Mathguy64
AG
It probably needs to be someone on the 40 man so that doesn't cause an even bigger ripple effect.
First Page Last Page
Page 880 of 1721

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.