***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,514,491 Views | 63154 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Booma94
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Ugh.

You were right by me and didn't even know it. Haha. I was in section 12.

Cromagnum
AG
After Abreus final at bat, someone yelled loudly "you aren't gonna get out of the minors like that".

LOL
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I really really hope common sense prevails and Abreu just gets DFA'd before he gets added to the roster. Doing anything else is the absolute height of insanity. Teams around the league will be and should be laughing at the front office and ownership if he sees a single pitch in a MLB game again for this team.
JoeAggie1010
EastCoastAgNc said:

I really really hope common sense prevails and Abreu just gets DFA'd before he gets added to the roster. Doing anything else is the absolute height of insanity. Teams around the league will be and should be laughing at the front office and ownership if he sees a single pitch in a MLB game again for this team.
If Jose Abreu returns to Houston, that decision is on Dana Brown. Dana needs to get this point across to Jim Crane, or find a club that would listen and support his decisions.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JoeAggie1010 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

If Jose Abreu returns to Houston, that decision is on Dana Brown. Dana needs to get this point across to Jim Crane, or find a club that would listen and support his decisions.

I don't think it's all on Dana. Crane is the one who has to light a pile of money on fire to let him go, so ultimately he has the final say.
All I do is Nguyen
Big Al 1992 said:

Abreu was supposed to go to Florida to find/fix his swing. He has shown zero signs of doing that. So why on earth would you bring him back and expect different results?
Ketch has said that it was part of the agreement between the organization, Abreu, and his agent that he would only be in FCL for so long before trying to return to the MLB. He has also said that it will be mainly big Jon at 1B while Abreu platoons there
n_touch
Cromagnum said:

After Abreus final at bat, someone yelled loudly "you aren't gonna get out of the minors like that".

LOL
Where you that someone?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beau Holder said:

Truly dumb organization.

Is he going to drive the team bus or just carry the players' bags?
texasaggie2015
AG
n_touch said:

Cromagnum said:

LOL
Where you that someone?

Look, as someone who has dealt with my share of demons and mental health battles… I just can't get behind the heckling and mocking him.

I agree. He shouldn't be on the roster. But I just can't get behind this part.
Big Al 1992
AG
I know we've all been looking forward to Memorial Day weekend baseball when the 23-29 Houston Astros battle the 22-32 Oakland A's for 3rd place. What a start to the season!
tjack16
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

I know we've all been looking forward to Memorial Day weekend baseball when the 23-29 Houston Astros battle the 22-32 Oakland A's for 3rd place. What a start to the season!

Imagine saying that 2 months ago on this thread … we'd all call you crazy
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

n_touch said:

Cromagnum said:

LOL
Where you that someone?

Look, as someone who has dealt with my share of demons and mental health battles… I just can't get behind the heckling and mocking him.

I agree. He shouldn't be on the roster. But I just can't get behind this part.
Hopefully he'll find some way to get over it.

texasaggie2015
AG
If you want to mock a dude who is going through a dark time mentally, go for it. To each his own.

Like I said, he shouldn't be on the roster and I hope they cut ties. But as a human being, I simply just can't mock a dude who is fighting demons and doing his best to pull through it. Depression isn't cured by a paycheck.

Some of the things I've seen said about him on social media (fat, lazy, weak, etc) just makes me want to puke. I would expect it from Yankees fans.
All I do is Nguyen
You have to understand 2015 that we have YOU to thank for telling us he's battling some mental demons. The average fan I promise doesn't know anything about it otherwise it would've been on ESPN/MLB. So maybe give the randos a pass but if someone who is a regular on here starts heckling him then yeah they're a subhuman IMO.

Also the team, if they truly know his battling something mental, should bring him back when we play in Houston so the crowd and give him a big ovation (hopefully)
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah, I'll shut up about it. It's just a sensitive topic for me since I've been there before and been through some very dark times that I didn't think I would get through. I understand not everyone has my perspective (and honestly I'm glad they don't since that would likely mean they've been there as well).
The Porkchop Express
AG
If he's going through a dark time mentally he should

Leave the team
Take care of his issues
Enjoy the rest of his life

You can bag on my opinion all you want to, but the #1 thing he's doing right now is being selfish and a distraction to his teammates.

BTKAG97
AG
What demons is he fighting other than age?
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm not comfortable sharing that here unfortunately.
Mathguy64
AG
Wait. This is his 100% vesting year? Does he have to finish year 10 or just start year 10? Because that is a factor here.
BTKAG97
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Then don't mention it,period. Many of your posts come across as attention seeking and "I am better than you because I have 'insider knowledge'".
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BTKAG97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Then don't mention it,period. Many of your posts come across as attention seeking and "I am better than you because I have 'insider knowledge'".

Respectfully, **** off. Just because they are public personalities, it doesn't mean they aren't entitled to privacy. Your opinion is not shared by most of us.
MaxPower
If you think that then just ignore him. I enjoy his insight.
texasaggie2015
AG
lmao noted
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
BTKAG97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

No he doesn't and those of us who have respect for his opinion don't agree with people who came and go with the winds and the wins. So please leave our ketch alone and mind your own business.
W
AG
okay, that's an interesting approach -- tbd across the board

I wish Seattle's were tbd
W
AG
so no Loperfido again

he must be the one going down when Abreu comes up
aftershock
EastCoastAgNc said:

BTKAG97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Respectfully, **** off. Just because they are public personalities, it doesn't mean they aren't entitled to privacy. Your opinion is not shared by most of us.

lol, wut? Gtfo. Totally off base.

I very much appreciate the tidbits, and insight and I'm totally am ok with as much or little as we get. We don't need all the details. Something as simple as "he's dealing with some stuff mentally" is better than us all assuming whatever we want to assume.

If is "attention seeking" hurts your feeling so bad, there's a mute button. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I appreciate the insight 2015 gives.
tjack16
AG
BTKAG97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah…. No

That's not his style at all. He's not obligated to tell us or you anything but him saying Abreu is dealing with something is helpful because it's a reminder that we are all human and some things are bigger than baseball.
BTKAG97
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

BTKAG97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Just because they are public personalities, it doesn't mean they aren't entitled to privacy. Your opinion is not shared by most of us.
Agreed. No one on this thread needs to know that Abreu is suffering from inner demons. It should have never been mentioned at all. Mentioning it to any degree is selfish and attention seeking.

In addition, none of the players should be harassed by fans regardless if they are dealing with psychological problems or not.

Your take on my opinion is 100% incorrect.
texasaggie2015
AG
I don't know what I did to you but I hope you have a good day man.
texasaggie2015
AG
Thanks. I know I rub a lot of people here the wrong way and that's not my intention.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
aftershock said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

BTKAG97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

lol, wut? Gtfo. Totally off base.

I very much appreciate the tidbits, and insight and I'm totally am ok with as much or little as we get. We don't need all the details. Something as simple as "he's dealing with some stuff mentally" is better than us all assuming whatever we want to assume.

If is "attention seeking" hurts your feeling so bad, there's a mute button. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I appreciate the insight 2015 gives.

My comment was not directed at 2015, it was directed at the responder to him
Mathguy64
AG
W said:

so no Loperfido again

he must be the one going down when Abreu comes up
I honestly don't understand what they did with him this last week. If he wasn't going to play, they should have sent him down to keep getting ABs. This was a waste of a roster spot and more importantly a waste for him developmentally. Sitting glued to the end of the bench did nothing for anyone.
First Page Last Page
Page 695 of 1805

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.