***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,741,757 Views | 66718 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by DoitBest
RO519
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doobie at first sighting
texasaggie2015
AG
He's heating up and he's absolutely crushed Brooks. Makes sense to move him up and give him a shot.
Farmer1906
AG
Singleton gets a day off at first vs RHP. Oops.
Farmer1906
AG
BQRyno said:

Guess Espada was itching to move Bregman back up. Some would ask why mess with what's working? But what do I know.

How do we know lineup spot is what's helping Bregman?
BQRyno
AG
He's had two great games. Also happens that those two great games were down in the order. He's still batting .225. Just wish he'd stay down in the order for a while. Personal preference.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Bull forking spit
Beat40
BQRyno said:

Guess Espada was itching to move Bregman back up. Some would ask why mess with what's working? But what do I know.
He did move him up from 6th to 5th last night.

Honestly, the Bregman we know and love is a much, much better option at 4th than Pena, despite how good he's been. I would have much rather had Bregman take that AB against Miller in the 9th with Tucker on than Pena.
BQRyno
AG
Whether it is or isn't, I'd personally like to see him get it done for a couple of weeks, not a couple of games.
BCEDAg
AG
Beau Holder said:

Best of luck to us winning two of those.

Sweeping the A's all four games would help the sting of losing 2 out f 4 against the Brewers.
BCEDAg
AG
BCEDAg said:

Beau Holder said:

Best of luck to us winning two of those.

Sweeping the A's all four games would help the sting of losing 2 out f 4 against the Brewers.

2 out of 3
BQRyno
AG
Man, y'all are quick to forget automatic groundouts to short or popups to first that we saw for 2 months. I wish I had your optimism!
texasaggie2015
AG

Dana deserves a lot of credit here. They "overpaid" for him based off where he was drafted but they believed in his ability. It's panning out- and he's only a teenager. It's going to be really interesting to watch him grow and develop. The Astros absolutely love this kid.
Beat40
EastCoastAgNc said:

Bull forking spit
You guys thinking MLB isn't going to have the backs of their umps.

Blanco to appeal I guess.
texasaggie2015
AG
They like the adjustments he's made. We'll see if they keep making a difference.
Farmer1906
AG
BQRyno said:

Whether it is or isn't, I'd personally like to see him get it done for a couple of weeks, not a couple of games.
Haven't we?

Since 4/28

.259 BA
.317 OBP
.517 SLG
.834 OPS
.362 wOBA
137 wRC+
Beat40
BQRyno said:

Man, y'all are quick to forget automatic groundouts to short or popups to first that we saw for 2 months. I wish I had your optimism!
He did that a lot last year too, only in the 2nd spot.

It's pretty clear the mechanical changes he's made. Hope he sticks to it instead of tinkering.
BQRyno
AG
How much did those stats skyrocket just in the last two days? Honest question. Noticeably would be my guess.
bearkatag15
AG

Interesting front page of MLB.com
Beat40
BQRyno said:

How much did those stats skyrocket just in the last two days? Honest question. Noticeably would be my guess.
When did Bregman make mechanical changes? If you listen to D-Ro on MLB network, it was about a week ago.

I would argue that helped him more than bating 6th.

Correlation doesn't equal causation.
BQRyno
AG
I truly don't even care what caused improvement over a couple/few days. Peña has done it for the season so far, and I wish he would get passed back up because of the back of the baseball card and the beginning of hopefully a turnaround.

Look, I like bregman. I just want to see it consistently before putting him back at cleanup.
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Dubon at first base? FINALLY
texasaggie2015
AG
BQRyno said:

I truly don't even care what caused improvement over a couple/few days. Peña has done it for the season so far, and I wish he would get passed back up because of the back of the baseball card and the beginning of hopefully a turnaround.

Look, I like bregman. I just want to see it consistently before putting him back at cleanup.
Come on. He's a veteran guy who has performed at a high level the majority of his career. They watch him every day. He made adjustments, he's been hot, and he's raked against the pitcher tonight. It makes all the sense in the world to move him up tonight. This isn't a "back of the baseball card" situation.

It's a "trust your red hot veteran" situation.
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

How do you know Brown and Crane aren't doing it?
that's gross.
Life is better with a beagle
BQRyno
AG
We watched them keep Abreu at 4/5 for how long? I'm skeptical at the moment. I hope it works out.
Farmer1906
AG
BQRyno said:

Heavily, but other trends were looking good too. I posted about it a few times.

3/28 to 5/1 -> 5/2 to 5/12
xBA - .215 -> .257
K% - 14% -> 10%
BB% - 9% -> 10%
Hard Hit% - 33% -> 41%

W
AG
oh, Dubon can play first
Farmer1906
AG
BQRyno said:

We watched them keep Abreu at 4/5 for how long? I'm skeptical at the moment. I hope it works out.
Not long at all.

The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

texasaggie2015
AG
Dubon will get a start every now and then at first base but this won't be a regular thing.
Beat40
Espada has been more willing to make line-up changes than I would have anticipated, honestly.
W
AG
2024 has been a bit strange in that we're used to seeing the Astros play well vs. the good teams...

and then surprisingly struggle at times vs. the bad teams

however this year the Astros are whipping the bad teams...and struggling vs. the good teams

(with an exception or two)
JPN06
All I do is Nguyen said:

That raises the question of what happens when(if?) he's ready to come back? We keep singleton obviously because of depth, but Big Jon has been doing rather well with consistent playing time.
Sorry to crap on the feel good story, but big Jon sucks in the big leagues.

Give ole Chris Carter a call & bring him over from Korea or his couch or wherever he is. I don't think he'd be much worse.
JPN06
texasaggie2015 said:

Dubon will get a start every now and then at first base but this won't be a regular thing.
Hasn't Loperfido played some 1b?
texasaggie2015
AG
He's played some but it's not his natural position. He'll probably get a look at some point but they want him where he's comfortable for now- which is the outfield.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beau Holder said:

Think last I heard their awful broadcast crew, guys injured was the present excuse. Only team to have this problem.
you guys need to stop worrying about the Rangers; I've been telling you since January they aren't even going to make the playoffs.
First Page Last Page
Page 591 of 1907

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.