***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,742,733 Views | 66721 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by The Porkchop Express
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Booma94 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I'll add to what I said above. The Astros and Sox have been in pretty regular contact over the last 12-18 months or so. I like this trade a lot because Dana and company have done a lot of homework on White Sox prospects and they likely have a lot of intel on this Rodriguez kid. There's something in him that they like.
If you're going to pick a regular trade partner, doesn't make sense to pick someone that's not horrible? Taking on the cast-offs from potentially the worst team in baseball doesn't seem like much of a get.

Tell me you don't follow this thread without telling me you don't follow this thread.
All I do is Nguyen
FREE MY MAN BLANCO!! HE AIN't DO NUFFIN WRONG!!!

Harry Dunne
Prosperdick said:

Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

Straw currently has a .565 OPS in AAA this year. Yall are wild.
Y'all are all missing the point of the post. It was never a Straw versus Meyers comparison.

If I want someone to nitpick one part of the post that offends their delicate sensibilities and not the main point and turn it into an argument, I'll go talk to my wife.
The ultimate Strawman argument lol.
Mr.Bond
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6whzF4PSiz/?igsh=MWFjMHpmdDUwcHlueg==

Us lately
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

MosesHallRAB04
AG
Has the clanton video been posted yet? I might have lost it in all the random straw talk
Mr.Bond
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Has the clanton video been posted yet? I might have lost it in all the random straw talk

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG

MAROON
AG
you have to wonder of the caliber of pitching he would be facing in West Palm. Rookie league guys who probably throw pretty hard but don't have major league breaking stuff.
chico
AG
MAROON said:

you have to wonder of the caliber of pitching he would be facing in West Palm. Rookie league guys who probably throw pretty hard but don't have major league breaking stuff.
yeah but he's under the supervision of Jeff Bagwell!
texasaggie2015
AG
A hall of famer who knows a thing or two about mechanics.
All I do is Nguyen
I am just hoping whatever was bothering him mentally, which a lot of people on here including 2015, said was his main issue. The hitting will come I am sure, but he needs to get his own mental and family stuff handled first.
Farmer1906
AG
MaxPower
texasaggie2015 said:

I wouldn't call Luis Robert and Dylan Cease cast offs. Or Kendall Graveman.

And they don't care how good or bad a major league team is when evaluating their prospects in the farm system. If anything, it works to Houston's benefit if the organization they're dealing with doesn't evaluate talent well.
This is my thought. If he were 25 and in AAA I'd wonder why he wasn't on the big league roster for such a crappy team but every club has interesting young guys that need development.
bigjag19
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

bigjag19 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Julks DFA'd...someone will pick him up.

Hate this for Corey. Supposed to attend his wedding in November. His fiance and my wife are friends. Not sure if there's still interest but at one point he and Hensley were being looked at by the White Sox. Will post if I hear anything.

She is damn good looking. My kid is at the school she teaches at.
I mean, this board is now built on rules. Oppressive, thoughtless rules.
And you're going to ignore Rule #1?

RED AG 98
AG
I guess there's a story here so in a sense I don't fault the reporter, but I do wish they'd just leave him alone. Twelve seconds of video with 1 swing versus what appears to be 85MPH center cut isn't exactly all the supportive of the efforts. It'd be better to actually write a story or get an interview than to just drop a pretty meaningless data point like this.
The Porkchop Express
AG
bigjag19 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

bigjag19 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Julks DFA'd...someone will pick him up.

Hate this for Corey. Supposed to attend his wedding in November. His fiance and my wife are friends. Not sure if there's still interest but at one point he and Hensley were being looked at by the White Sox. Will post if I hear anything.

She is damn good looking. My kid is at the school she teaches at.
I mean, this board is now built on rules. Oppressive, thoughtless rules.
And you're going to ignore Rule #1?

Is this a Glamor Shots from 1997?
Life is better with a beagle
redline248
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Beau Holder said:

I need to hear more about this Maldy thing.
Most of it had to do with Corey thinking the rookie hazing went a little too far. Maldy always gave him sh** about his jewelry, clothes, etc. and let him hear it when he wasn't hitting or playing well (the irony!) - Corey is a very hard working and humble guy, but after a while he started giving it right back to him. Maldy didn't like that.
What a leader in the clubhouse
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG

Looks like we're taking our time.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Looks like we're taking our time.

Good. We don't really need him right now if we are being honest. Keep him there as long as possible
Prosperdick
AG
Mr.Bond said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Imagine our record if we didn't sign Caratini.
All I do is Nguyen
That raises the question of what happens when(if?) he's ready to come back? We keep singleton obviously because of depth, but Big Jon has been doing rather well with consistent playing time.
superaggie73
AG
Had some time while waiting in my truck and listening to Stan Norfleet on 790 for the first time in a while. This dude is so clueless about the game of baseball (or any sport for that matter). How tf does he actually have a job? He's trying to blame Espada and Blanco for not only breaking the rules, but not knowing the rules. And apparently it's Espada's fault for it happening because he should have either put a stop to it or explained what not to do. Is this little league baseball? Is Blanco not a grown ass man?

Now I do hate Espada for his lack of passion and his lack of ever sticking up for his players, but this is not even close to his fault. The only thing he did wrong was not go crazy sticking up for Blanco.
texasaggie2015
AG
Because sports radio is a dying industry and they won't/can't pay what it takes to retain actual talent. It's a shame.

Source: me, who spent 7 years in the industry before I was tired of being poor
Ag_07
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

A hall of famer who knows a thing or two about mechanics.

Amen brother

Say what you will about his advising skills but the dude knows swing mechanics. I always thought he'd make a great hitting coach.
agproducer
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Because sports radio is a dying industry and they won't/can't pay what it takes to retain actual talent. It's a shame.

Source: me, who spent 7 years in the industry before I was tired of being poor
I think that's all local media now.

I got out almost 8 years ago -- and the pay and product has gotten worse.
MaxPower
That was my takeaway. Kind of interesting Dusty thought these kind of shenanigans still left machete untouchable.
W
AG
Abreu definitely isn't coming back while Blanco is suspended
W
AG
however Singleton needs more bat flip worthy AB's

BA down to .213

slugging down to .371

the walks are saving his stats for now
Beau Holder
AG
He had the best AB of anyone against Miller and I would've said he got screwed out of a walk if the zone hadn't expanded for everyone in the 9th.

Not expecting him to be prime Ryan Howard, just keep giving good ABs and lift the ball.
bearkatag15
AG
Beau Holder said:

He had the best AB of anyone against Miller and I would've said he got screwed out of a walk if the zone hadn't expanded for everyone in the 9th.

Not expecting him to be prime Ryan Howard, just keep giving good ABs and lift the ball.

A poor man's Kyle Schwarber might be his ceiling.
bigjag19
AG
Eat fresh
AustinCountyAg
W said:

BA down to .213

slugging down to .371

a walk is as good as a screaming line drive to the outfield.
MAROON
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

W said:

BA down to .213

slugging down to .371

a walk is as good as a screaming line drive to the outfield.
Beat40
superaggie73 said:

Had some time while waiting in my truck and listening to Stan Norfleet on 790 for the first time in a while. This dude is so clueless about the game of baseball (or any sport for that matter). How tf does he actually have a job? He's trying to blame Espada and Blanco for not only breaking the rules, but not knowing the rules. And apparently it's Espada's fault for it happening because he should have either put a stop to it or explained what not to do. Is this little league baseball? Is Blanco not a grown ass man?

Now I do hate Espada for his lack of passion and his lack of ever sticking up for his players, but this is not even close to his fault. The only thing he did wrong was not go crazy sticking up for Blanco.
I think this is the most overrated stuff fans buy into for every manager. Also, it's an opinion based on subjectivity and perception from the fan's viewpoint. You aren't in the clubhouse. You aren't on the field. You don't hear the conversations. People assume jackass, angry tirades are passion.

Adolis Garcia has "passion" and guys attribute that to steroid use anger problems.

If the only definition of sticking up for your players is always being a jackass and getting yourself ejected from a game, well that's just stupid.

Espada said he asked if Blanco could just switch gloves like we've all seen happen time and time again. Is that not sticking up for Blanco?

You wanted Joe to go crazy last night in the 3rd inning - well, he gets himself ejected and who is making the moves in innings 4-10 last night? Arguably all of those moves won the game. Fans are short sighted and not getting paid to win games.

Please guys, stop buying into managers that go out there and yell at umpire are the only ones who are "passionate" and "sticking up for their players."
First Page Last Page
Page 589 of 1907

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.