***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,353,057 Views | 60922 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Beat40
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MAROON said:

what's the consensus on Loperfido here?

Is he going to stick on the big club for the rest of the season or is he gonna get sent back down? JAG AAA or potential major leaguer?
I don't think we've seen anything that shows he's not a major leaguer yet. He just isn't going to play everyday here. We're still trying to win games so its going to be hard to get PT over Meyers and Singleton because they're some of the guys playing fairly well. Never expected to write that sentence.
TarponChaser
Beau Holder said:

It's not even about hope or not hope, the team is just unwatchably lethargic, un-clutch, and rudderless and it's like Groundhog Day watching them suck at the same stuff day after day, get down immediately, and pack it in. I can take close losses where it seems like they have life in them. That's not what's happening outside of the past homestand (no-showing against Gilbert notwithstanding).

They are 12 games under .500 having lost fully 2/3 of everything they've played and they're somehow almost 9 GB not even two weeks into May. Hope isn't even part of the equation until they win something like six or eight straight. Until then I'm just begging to be mildly entertained for longer than it takes Tucker to round the bases on a first-inning solo homer.

They may not have quit yet, but you sure as **** can't tell from watching them, and that's the part that gouges my eyes out night after night. And I've been a fan since I was fresh out of toddler-hood (mid 90s).

I've said it before, but I didn't even feel this way during the dark years. Probably because I had zero expectations but there's no reason whatsoever for this roster to be this bad.
htxag09
AG
Remember when we won 5 out of 6 and everyone thought the team flipped the switch and the reason we sucked was abreu was a cancer in the clubhouse? Good times
WES2006AG
AG
htxag09 said:

Remember when we won 5 out of 6 and everyone thought the team flipped the switch and the reason we sucked was abreu was a cancer in the clubhouse? Good times
Yea, those were the good ol' days.
Chef Elko
AG
It would be interesting to see pitching stats when Yainer was catching last year compared to this year
iBrad
AG
Considering some of the arms we're rolling out there, I'm not sure that's a fair comparison.
cc10106
Yeah and then the back end of the bullpen blew another game like clockwork.

Mr. Crane, please start to make things right by extending Tucker and then hiring a real GM before getting outta the way.
tjack16
AG
htxag09 said:

Imagine if this team did the unthinkable and built on that momentum instead of going on a 4 game losing streak
Wabs
AG
What is everyone's adopt-a-team this year? I'm going with the Royals. Fun team to watch.
texasaggie2015
AG
Kaufmann Stadium is a fun little ballpark if you want to make a trip this summer. Boulevard Brewing (their local brewery) has good beer as well and Kansas City BBQ is solid.

I think I remember them building a new stadium soon, so I would catch a game there while you have a chance.
tjack16
AG
Wabs said:

What is everyone's adopt-a-team this year? I'm going with the Royals. Fun team to watch.

Unless we pull a miracle and go all the way, I'm rooting for Bryce Harper to get his ring. Would love a Phillies orioles World Series
Marvin
AG
And I had just picked the "mods delete this thread" as a bingo number.....
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
OKCAg2002
AG
For some reason, I find myself watching a lot of Orioles games the last few years. I love their chemistry and roster.

Also I've followed the Guardians. That could just be due to having a lot of their players on my fantasy team. Same for the Reds.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm the same way in that I find myself rooting for players or storylines more than actual teams. It would be really fun to see Baltimore make a run. I went to Camden Yards when they were a 100 loss team and the fans packed it out and the atmosphere was electric. I can't even imagine what a World Series would be like there.

I can't stand anything Philly besides the cheesesteaks- but I've always liked Harper even though he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I love the energy he brings.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

Wabs said:

Unless we pull a miracle and go all the way, I'm rooting for Bryce Harper to get his ring. Would love a Phillies orioles World Series

Hard pass
The Porkchop Express
AG
Marvin said:

Thread returns.

And yes, I will ****ing die on this hill.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
texasaggie2015
AG
I've always kinda liked the Pirates. Pittsburgh is a really underrated city IMO and that ballpark is phenomenal. Excellent fanbase too. Those people are diehards and they deserve to finally see a good team.
Ag_07
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Marvin said:

Thread returns.

Odd hill to choose my man
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ag_07 said:

Marvin said:

Thread returns.

Being bossed around by Ranger-skewed Mods? Nah, I'm good with it, if that's where it takes me.
RO519
AG

Ag_07 said:

Marvin said:

Thread returns.

Being bossed around by Ranger-skewed Mods? Nah, I'm good with it, if that's where it takes me.
Bingo option #81 needs to be Porkchop catches the ban hammer
cc10106
tjack16 said:

Wabs said:

Two cities a couple hours apart on I-95 would make for a great matchup. Not to mention no NY or ATL as far as east coast teams go.

Paul Skenes debuts for Pittsburgh on Sunday.
Beau Holder
AG
Seconding Royals and Pirates. I like these young A's as well. Orioles and the entire improved ALC (not you, White Sox) are up there.
texasaggie2015
AG
I wonder if it would change the juju if we just stopped talking about the Astros on this thread altogether. And if they win tonight- we just keep it up. We can talk about anything we want but not the Astros.
Ag_07
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I wonder if it would change the juju if we just stopped talking about the Astros on this thread altogether. And if they win tonight- we just keep it up. We can talk about anything we want but not the Astros.
RO519
AG
How about that weather...
n_touch
RO519 said:

Ag_07 said:

Marvin said:

Thread returns.

Bingo option #81 needs to be Porkchop catches the ban hammer

That's the free space in the middle
texasaggie2015
AG
This Houston air quality is driving my allergies nuts today
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

n_touch
texasaggie2015 said:

This Houston air quality is driving my allergies nuts today

Cool, thought it was just me.
texasaggie2015
AG
Definitely not just you. I've been super "blah" and have congestion and watery eyes since yesterday.
cc10106
My thoughts on visiting Kauffman Stadium last year:

It was fine, really, and I'm glad I went, but Busch Stadium the following night was night and day better.
The Porkchop Express
AG
cc10106 said:

My thoughts on visiting Kauffman Stadium last year:

It was fine, really, and I'm glad I went, but Busch Stadium the following night was night and day better.
Dude I went there in 1996 and saw JEFF GRANGER PITCH.
tjack16
AG
cc10106 said:

tjack16 said:

Wabs said:

Two cities a couple hours apart on I-95 would make for a great matchup. Not to mention no NY or ATL as far as east coast teams go.

Paul Skenes debuts for Pittsburgh on Sunday.

I also just think the matchup of offenses between Philly and Baltimore would make for a fun series for somebody who is a neutral 3rd party viewer. A lot of homeruns and two fanbases that would make for awesome atmospheres given how passionate Phillies fans are, and how starved the Orioles fans are given they haven't been in the fall classic since 1983
texasaggie2015
AG
I can definitely see where it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea- but I enjoyed it.
Beau Holder
AG
Apparently it's from agricultural fires in Mexico? Sort of annoying.

I check the AQI every day and it's usually like 50 or 60, which is fine ("good" or "moderate"). It's been above 120 just these last two days.
First Page Last Page
Page 521 of 1741

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.