***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,218,043 Views | 59156 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Faustus
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Booma94 said:

iBrad said:

They should stop playing Hader's walkout until he stops sucking. Replace it with Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus.
His walkout music should be Miserable by LIt.

Screw his walk out music. Stop playing it. Just make him trot out like every other reliever
Wabs
AG
Could have kept Neris, Maton and Stanek for what we're paying Hader. You know the three guys we won a WS championship with.
Baseball Is Life
Unemployed said:

Can we bring Luhnow back?

Lunhow was the best GM around, but he is blackballed and won't be back. The real screw up was not extending Click for more than the one year BS deal. That's when you knew Crane was a dumbass and made a Jerry Jones (Jimmy Johnson) move.
Mr.Bond
AG
wangus12 said:

Damn what a **** baseball weekend

Ags skull ****in Tigers today
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

MaxPower
Look this is not a 12-22 team. I just don't know if they are an 81 win team or an 87 win team. 90 is out the window.
W
AG
Baseball Is Life said:

Unemployed said:

Lunhow was the best GM around, but he is blackballed and won't be back. The real screw up was not extending Click for more than the one year BS deal. That's when you knew Crane was a dumbass and made a Jerry Jones (Jimmy Johnson) move.
and the situation is made worse by having all the former players around

because their natural instinct is to downplay / dismiss anyone that did not play in the major leagues...or did not play at all
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W said:

Baseball Is Life said:

Unemployed said:

and the situation is made worse by having all the former players around

because their natural instinct is to downplay / dismiss anyone that did not play in the major leagues...or did not play at all

- When the time comes, they don't want to make the hard decisions to cut ties with guys. Their own careers ended that way in some form of another and they can't bring themselves to do it to anyone else
- They are old, so they like old free agents well past their prime.

This team will not rebuild successfully if those guys are allowed to be part of the decision making process
MaxPower
Not just former players but HOFers with 0 experience evaluating or developing talent. There's a reason most great managers were bad baseball players. They knew what it was to scrap and claw to get every ounce they could out of limited skillsets. I almost wish Ausmus was in the inner circle. He at least has been involved in those aspects of the game.
_veeyah_
AG
I was really hoping for a 4-2 maybe even 5-1 homestand build some confidence go into NY and take 2 out of 3 from them and they'd turn the season around. But now little by little I'm losing confidence in this team.
Boiling Denim
What if .500 baseball is this teams hot streak…woof
GigEM96
Get Javier back

Send Brown down

Move Bregman down in the order

No idea on the bullpen, it's been over a month and SoS

GigEM96
This homestand you got .300 avg, 3 HR, 8 RBI from 1B, so it's more than that which is needed.

Bregman just is killer hitting anywhere near the top of the order.

Not as bad as the bullpen though.

wessimo
AG
Bregman & Bullpen = killer Bs
MaxPower
Think there's any chance the Astros and Bregman compromise to get a deal done now? It has to be wearing on him.
tjack16
AG
wessimo said:

Bregman & Bullpen = killer Bs

Also providing Yordan with zero protection. Which is why I want Bregman 6th and Pena 2nd
tjack16
AG

Accurate
GigEM96
MaxPower said:

Think there's any chance the Astros and Bregman compromise to get a deal done now? It has to be wearing on him.

Crane rn

tjack16
AG
Record since since the "schedule eased up"

@ Nationals 1-2
@ Cubs 0-3
@ Rockies 2-0
vs Guardians 2-1
vs Mariners 1-2

6-8 record since the Braves series
BudFox7
Again, Hader and Pressly are washed. This team will be lucky to make the playoffs with this pen.
MaxPower
I used the trade evaluator to see what you could do with a full rebuild. They say trading Tucker and JV (plus most of their 2024 salaries) is fair for Kjerstad, Mayo and Povich. Last year the Orioles were apparently one of the other teams he would accept a trade to.

Kjerstad basically takes over RF for Tucker. Mayo is likely a 1B long-term but think you leave him at 3B until you get a better option and Povich is looking big league ready (24 in AAA with a 1.11 ERA and 45:14 K:BB I'm 32 innings). What say texags?
Boiling Denim
With Bregman and Framber pooping their big boy pants in contract years why not just sign Tucker

I thought the issue we would have was paying all three. But now we only have to pay one?
iBrad
AG
Going into the month, I was thinking .500 the first half of May. Get more starters back, take advantage of the games versus the A's and Angels and finish the month at .500 overall. We're still set up to do that, but it's probably more realistic to finish May still a couple of games below .500.
n_touch
Boiling Denim said:

With Bregman and Framber pooping their big boy pants in contract years why not just sign Tucker

I thought the issue we would have was paying all three. But now we only have to pay one?
Gotta feel for Bregman, he may be mind screwed by the end of the year.

1. Coming into the contract year, the team has not offered you anything.

2. You just watch Scott Boras crap the bed worse that the Astros in their first 30 games.

3. Start slower than normal, and it is compounding each and every at bat
West Roxbury
I really don't feel bad for him at all. He has had a good run while not having high exit velocity numbers for some time. He is a solid third baseman with a good eye at the plate and he had a nice run and won two rings. Minute Maid is set up perfectly for him, fly ball two rows into Crawford Boxes.

He is fading and now won't be overpaid based on past performance as so often happens.
W
AG
I'm thinking get to .500 by the end of June
iBrad
AG
Hard to feel bad for a guy that's made over $100M dollars.
MaxPower
Boiling Denim said:

If you're asking what I would do that's exactly it. Clear out the money from Bregman, Framber and JV then give Tucker a blank check. The strength of the farm system right now is pitching. Blubagh, Bloss, Tredwell, Hicks, Aaron Brown, Derek Tue and Gordon are all promising. I'm not saying they are JV or Framber level but much more likely a couple emerge and become less of less of a drop off than Tucker is to whoever we would replace him with.
wangus12
AG
GigEM96 said:

This homestand you got .300 avg, 3 HR, 8 RBI from 1B, so it's more than that which is needed.

Bregman just is killer hitting anywhere near the top of the order.

Not as bad as the bullpen though.

I'd say put him 9th, but other players have a better chance of getting on base for Altuve
Ag4life80
AG
I for sure want to deal with the Orioles. They use the Luhnow analytics, which have evidently been purged from our process. We need 4-5 of their top guys for JV, Framber , and Tucker. Tucker is pricing himself out of our budget.
MaxPower
I put that trade out there but the O's don't really need Tucker. They could definitely use JV or Framber. I just don't know if either is enough to get one of Basallo, Mayo or Kjerstad. There's a clear drop off after those guys. Maybe you can play them against the Yankees to squeeze a better deal. Or maybe you can move a younger prospect like Baez because they could use some talent at the lower levels and don't have room for all of these guys.
Booma94
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Bring back Luhnow! Bring back Hinch! ****, give Nolan some sort of job, just to exorcise any of THOSE lingering baseball demons.

Whatever the **** you call this...IT. AIN'T WORKING!!
Lose the OXY patch. This team has had bad juju since that abortion was added to the uniforms. I know it's another way to squeeze every nickel of revenue out of the team, because that is the MO, but just because you can have that ugly thing as part of the uniform does not mean you should.
Mr.Bond
AG
Booma94 said:

An L of an Ag said:

Bring back Luhnow! Bring back Hinch! ****, give Nolan some sort of job, just to exorcise any of THOSE lingering baseball demons.

Lose the OXY patch. This team has had bad juju since that abortion was added to the uniforms. I know it's another way to squeeze every nickel of revenue out of the team, because that is the MO, but just because you can have that ugly thing as part of the uniform does not mean you should.

The Yankees put a patch on...... it'll be OK.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

aftershock
Booma94 said:

An L of an Ag said:

Not gonna lie, I didn't have "OXY patch bringing bad juju" on my bingo sheet of things that could possibly go wrong in 2024.
GigEM96

Abreu, Josh Hader, ooh, I wanna take you to
Shawn Dubin, Espada, come on pretty mama
And Pressly, Montero
Baby, why don't we go? (Ooh, I wanna take you down to Chokeomo)
We'll get there fast
And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go
Way down in Chokeomo

GigEM96
Hey Bregs. Enough with the bullshtt.

Start hitting or tell the skip he needs to move you down.

First Page Last Page
Page 498 of 1691

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.