***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,742,994 Views | 66726 Replies | Last: 3 sec ago by FrioAg 00
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EastCoastAgNc said:

I don't know why but I have an irrational obsession with Altuve winning another batting title.
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

tjack16 said:

Timing for this could not be worse…

If you put enough pressure on it, his head pops up

I was gonna say they should've put him in a neck brace since all he does is look straight up every AB.
Texaggie7nine
MaxPower said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I don't know why but I have an irrational obsession with Altuve winning another batting title.
May be the only title we have a shot at this year.
7nine
wangus12
AG
tjack16 said:

Timing for this could not be worse…

Have the fans all throw them on the field after his 3rd pop up with RISP tonight
3B Paul 97
AG
Don't forget that Mother's Day is just over a week away. Seems that Breggy does well on that day.
07ag
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Good for Big Jon

'grinded' 'stuck to it'

i'm as happy as anybody for big jon's resurgence, especially living up to the hype with the astros

but didn't he take 3 whole years off from baseball?
The Porkchop Express
AG
TarponChaser said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Bustner Olney plagiarizing the Shank Report today
Life is better with a beagle
MAROON
AG
07ag said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Good for Big Jon

'grinded' 'stuck to it'

i'm as happy as anybody for big jon's resurgence, especially living up to the hype with the astros

I can't look at that younger pic of Jon and not think of the Afroman song "Because I got high"
linkdude
AG
Johnsy3
AG
I'm so thankful for a new page because it was torture seeing Servais's stupid, punchable face at the top
tjack16
AG
linkdude said:

EastCoastAgNc
AG
I'm happy Jon had a few good games, but lets wait and see if he can do it consistently for a few weeks before we start making public apologies.
Bonnettecj1
He's hitting .275 with a .787 OPS in 51 ABs. It's more than a few games, he's been a good this season, so far.
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I'm happy Jon had a few good games, but lets wait and see if he can do it consistently for a few weeks before we start making public apologies.

That not how this board works.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Bonnettecj1 said:

He's hitting .275 with a .787 OPS in 51 ABs. It's more than a few games, he's been a good this season, so far.
That's fine, but he's not been playing regularly. He is now, so lets see how he does when the matchups aren't in his favor.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Bonnettecj1 said:

That's fine, but he's not been playing regularly. He is now, so lets see how he does when the matchups aren't in his favor.
He had a big game yesterday vs a LHP. He draws walks and now he's starting to show some power. I think he'll start seeing fewer fastballs and that's when we'll find out just how real he is.
k20dub
AG
5 days ago, several of you thought we should DFA Singleton. Agree on tapping the breaks a little on his "turnaround".
The Porkchop Express
AG
k20dub said:

5 days ago, several of you thought we should DFA Singleton. Agree on tapping the breaks a little on his "turnaround".
We can still use the DFA on Bregman so we don't waste it.
Life is better with a beagle
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah- my opinion of Jon hasn't changed. Obviously pulling for him and hope I'm wrong.
texasaggie2015
AG
Any maybe Yordan if he doesn't turn it around soon.
tjack16
AG
k20dub said:

Well we were saying that because we assumed they were sticking with Abreu due to his salary. So singleton was the first basemen you'd DFA at that point since they were adamant about letting Abreu work through it
Silent For Too Long
Can't we just, I don't know, be happy the guy is performing well without projecting his inevitable demise?

I swear some fans seem to be only interested in sports because of an odd addiction to misery. Then again, we are all Aggie football fans here so that might have something to do with it.
Farmer1906
AG
George Kirby is something else. I was trying to look at his pitch tendencies based on counts and L/R and came across something wild.

He throws his sinker 100% of the time when 3-0. I thought that was interesting because that's like his #3 pitch. But then I realized he's only been 3-0 once all year long. He's only been down 2-0 7x this year. He throws first-pitch strikes 69.4% of the time (8th for qualified pitchers). I kind of hope we go take some daddy hacks on the first pitch.
MAROON
AG
he might want to purposely not throw a strike to Altuve on pitch 1
Ag_07
AG
Bonnettecj1 said:

Yeah this proves our point.

51 ABs is pretty small sample size.

I'm happy for and his family. His wife seems like good people. I'm trying to tap the brakes a bit before hanging his number in the rafters.
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

Bonnettecj1 said:

Yeah this proves our point.

51 ABs is pretty small sample size.

I'm happy for and his family. His wife seems like good people. I'm trying to tap the brakes a bit before hanging his number in the rafters.

To me he's a solid backup option but it beats the alternative which is Abreu
texasaggie2015
AG
He's awesome. Greg Maddux-like in terms of control. I know that sounds outrageous but it's true when you dig into it.
htxag09
AG
Did we ever get an explanation of the pitch clock violation called on Arrighetti last night?
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah the explanation I got was that blue had his head up his ass
RED AG 98
AG
this checks out
htxag09
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Honestly one of the more logical explanations I can think. Not sure how else you have one with 12 seconds left.

Also, more annoying for espada to not argue it. If it's the legit wrong call and directly walks a runner with a full count….
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

grinded' 'stuck to it'

I remember several years ago bumping into him at a bar on Washington when I thought his career was over. Never thought I would see the day he made it back to the Majors. I am rooting for him to win the job, but the odds are still stacked against him.
W
AG
this is a big series for the Mariners too

kind of a put-your-foot-on-their-throat opportunity for Seattle

we'll see if the M's can do it

hopefully the new left-handed bats in the 'stros lineup will make a difference vs. Kirby & Gilbert
Mathguy64
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

That whole crew struggled. Angel was the best of the 3 behind the plate. The Friday night guy was just as bad in the field.
Beat40
texasaggie2015 said:

He's awesome. Greg Maddux-like in terms of control. I know that sounds outrageous but it's true when you dig into it.

Except he's giving up runs so far this year.

Hopefully, as Farmer said, we can jump on some of those first pitch strikes.
First Page Last Page
Page 469 of 1907

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.