***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,867,768 Views | 67416 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BCEDAg
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Maybe it's just me but Dana is moving a ton more 40 man pieces this month than I have ever seen a GM for Houston move.

At least short of Ed Wade giving everyone to Philly in the Uncle Drayton fire sale.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Maybe it's just me but Dana is moving a ton more 40 man pieces this month than I have ever seen a GM for Houston move.

At least short of Ed Wade giving everyone to Philly in the Uncle Drayton fire sale.
I was just thinking about how well Dana is doing shuffling the deck to keep fresh pitchers up with so many injuries, so few guys with options, and such a shortage of middle relief.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

I was just thinking about how well Dana is doing shuffling the deck to keep fresh pitchers up with so many injuries, so few guys with options, and such a shortage of middle relief.

It's the Tampa approach. They shuttle guys up and down like crazy.
linkdude
AG
Abreu down to 8, and Pena up to 6
The Porkchop Express
AG
linkdude said:

Abreu down to 8, and Pena up to 6
Abreu should have take sign on for entire at-bat going forward.
Wabs
AG
I guess the next step for Abreu is batting 9th? Then will we move on and put Dubon over there?
Farmer1906
AG
We have the rest of this season & next to pay Abreu. Thats about 38 M. Crane has no one but himself to blame here since there was no GM. Eventually, Joe & Dana have to let their boss know he's going to have to eat tens of millions on this deal. We cannt DFA him now but if this keeps up for another 3-4 weeks then I don't see how we can keep him on the 40 man.
redline248
AG
Gonna have to find an injury for him.

And then find an actual 1B to replace him
Bobcat-Ag
Historically, he doesn't really start to hit until May. I think we have to give him through May to see if he can be a contributor or not.
RC_57
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

We've been thinking about going Saturday

Do we go and have a chance to watch some great pitching.

Or, as this is our 1st trip to see Ronel, risk jinxing him?
cc10106
Cutting him and watching him turn it around for another team would be another kick in the nuts.
Wabs
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

Historically, he doesn't really start to hit until May. I think we have to give him through May to see if he can be a contributor or not.
Like through the whole month of May?

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Jose Abreu is the Pedro Baez of Tyler White's.
tjack16
AG
RC_57 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

We've been thinking about going Saturday

Do we go and have a chance to watch some great pitching.

Or, as this is our 1st trip to see Ronel, risk jinxing him?

Odds are when he sees the same team twice within a week, one of the outings will be rough. So law of averages says it's Saturday
The Porkchop Express
AG
Wabs said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

Like through the whole month of May?

For his entire career he's .247 for April, .267 for May, .288 June, .290 July, .327 August, .286 Sep / Oct

But last year it was .235, .180, .292, .263, .188, .237. His OPS was above .800 in June and September, below .600 in April, May, and July

Beat40
Your action of going or not going doesn't affect the player, so go.
tjack16
AG
Cynic
texasaggie2015 said:

Just sharing info that some may be unaware of... sorry. I'll tone it down.

You don't need to tone it down, I had an opinion, you refuted it. Good sports banter is why I'm here.

Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We have the rest of this season & next to pay Abreu. Thats about 38 M. Crane has no one but himself to blame here since there was no GM. Eventually, Joe & Dana have to let their boss know he's going to have to eat tens of millions on this deal. We cannt DFA him now but if this keeps up for another 3-4 weeks then I don't see how we can keep him on the 40 man.

Can we not blame Bagwell? Didn't he get on a plane… or was that with Montero?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
W
AG
Abreu down to the 8-hole is an indication the Astros aren't going to mess around with him this year

also concerning...he has 1 walk in 37 plate appearances -- basically a ghost out in the lineup
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

But we all know as soon as we DFA him and he joins another team he'll wreck shop on the league.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

But we all know as soon as we DFA him and he joins another team he'll wreck shop on the league.
Based on what he's done this year and last, who in their right mind would take him on?
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Based on what he's done this year and last, who in their right mind would take him on?

The Mets
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Guy in the middle looks a lot like former MLB pitcher Lance McCullers Jr.
Ag_07
AG
We've been at The Masters all day...Why is Areghetti starting?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

Slotting him in today to push back everybody, mostly to account for Framber going on the IL
Beau Bevers
AG
Ag_07 said:

Excellent super-brag in that question. I'm jealous, brother.
gougler08
AG
Ag_07 said:

Went Friday a few years ago, best sporting event I've ever attended
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ag_07 said:

Was on the Space Plane with Branson, didn't see this!
Mathguy64
AG
Ok. To win we need to score 10. No problem.
First Page Last Page
Page 202 of 1927

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.