***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,876,262 Views | 67450 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Farmer1906
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 hits for Altuve

double
1876er
AG
That sound is the window slamming shut. It was fun while it lasted.
tremble
AG
Fire Cintron after the series. Unacceptable start to the season for a stacked lineup.
Silent For Too Long
Frustrating game. No doubt.

This team is much better then this and will figure it out.
Jack Boyette
Amazing that these dumbasses still boo Altuve. Their RF is a roided up dip**** and the Rangers have cheated for years.
Post removed:
by user
Beau Holder
AG
I said to myself that after games 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8. Now after 9 it's wait and see.
Silent For Too Long
1876er said:

That sound is the window slamming shut. It was fun while it lasted.

On April 6th?

Jesus people, calm down.
All I do is Nguyen
Seeing lots of people I don't recognize in the thread. I guess haters love to bash the home team
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Heineken-Ashi
BeaumontAg05 said:

It's mind blowing that we just cannot score. Our starters have done outstanding on the mound, but we just can't score. It makes no sense how we could be so bad on offense.
When your lineup is constructed so that your RBI producer doesn't have many RBI chances, and your OBP leader is in an RBI role, coupled with a complete failure in the middle of the order who shouldn't be on the team.. can you really be surprised?
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
W
AG
2 hits for Yordan today
Post removed:
by user
Beau Holder
AG
They all suck right now aside from Altuve. It wouldn't matter. The team across from them has a formula at the plate they have no ability to match.
Beat40
The Beef01 said:

Beat40 said:

The Beef01 said:

Espada is going to burn his grace period…team better get their **** together immediately or else I'm sure I'm far from the only one thinking his hiring was a tremendous f up.

Yeah. Totally Espadas fault that Bregman and Yordan aren't hitting for **** and the back end of the bullpen decided to have an absolutely horrible start.

Those are the freaking all-stars and cornerstones of this team.

But Yeah, definitely all on Espada.

It's Espada's fault he did nothing to get rid of hitting/pitching staffs which had been performing poorly for years.

This team right now looks like every 2-8 / 3-7 stretch team of the past few years…these stretches happen with an incredibly talented roster b/c you have absolute slapdicks on your coaching staff.

Go ahead and be sarcastic about it if it makes you feel better; here in reality, it's a little more complicated than that.

I'm not being sarcastic. The all-stars aren't performing man. The starting pitching is hardly giving up anything and most have gone 5 or 6 innings outside of the last Brown performance. The guys in the bullpen you rely on are stinking it up. The guys you rely on in the line up aren't performing.

You think Espada is really going to clean house on hitting and pitching staffs who have reached 7 straight ALCSs and 4 WS? That's an absolutely insane thing to expect to happen. But you, the fan, expects it when you aren't in there everyday.

So you go ahead and judge him based on whatever standard you have.

If his All-Stars are performing and the team is still producing these results, then we'll talk.
W
AG
Altuve + Yordan + Tucker = 7 hits & walk today

they did their part
Jack Boyette
Beau Holder said:

They all suck right now aside from Altuve. It wouldn't matter. The team across from them has a formula at the plate they have no ability to match.

Huh?
KC_Ag14
AG
*bangs Loperfido drum*
DeProfundis
Bregxit said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

BeaumontAg05 said:

It's mind blowing that we just cannot score. Our starters have done outstanding on the mound, but we just can't score. It makes no sense how we could be so bad on offense.
When your lineup is constructed so that your RBI producer doesn't have many RBI chances, and your OBP leader is in an RBI role, coupled with a complete failure in the middle of the order who shouldn't be on the team.. can you really be surprised?

Agree with this. 2,3,4 need to be reshuffled.

Altuve
Bregman
Tucker/Alvarez
Alvarez/Tucker

Batting 2nd vs 4th got Alvarez an extra AB tonight
KC_Ag14
AG
If you can believe it, these numbers actually got worse tonight. Guy is bringing absolutely nothing to the table so far.
tjack16
AG
Window isn't closed. But I also think this is a wild card /ALDS team at best.

I think the ALCS streak comes to an end unless our pitching just totally flips a switch.
BadAggie
AG
How did Abreu have 90 RBIs last season?
Frok
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Seeing lots of people I don't recognize in the thread. I guess haters love to bash the home team

Don't start this crap.
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Window isn't closed. But I also think this is a wild card /ALDS team at best.

I think the ALCS streak comes to an end unless our pitching just totally flips a switch.

I think it's the offense for me. The offense had to pick it up. I'm way more confident in the back end of the rotation than you guys are. I have no worries about the starting pitching.
KC_Ag14
AG
Not nearly as concerned as you with the pitching staff. They've scored 8 and 10 runs in their two wins and 4 or less in all of their losses.
Post removed:
by user
Beat40
KC_Ag14 said:

Not nearly as concerned as you with the pitching staff. They've scored 8 and 10 runs in their two wins and 4 or less in all of their losses.

Yup. The offense is making it absolutely harder on the pitching.

MLB has absolutely geared things towards offense with the new rules changes. This team isn't producing enough runs to win at a consistent rate.

4-run leads going into the 7th are very different than 1-run leads or tied.
All I do is Nguyen
Just being honest. I am seeing a lot of people I don't recognize and it usually is because of one or two reasons.
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
BCEDAg
AG
Is it already time for a team meeting? I think something has to happen now to pull the guys out of this funk. Who are the leaders that will speak up - Verlander, Bergman, Altuve?

I know it's early but team needs to cut bait with Jose Abreu. Bat is slow and Loperfido is tearing it up at Sugarland. Bring the kid up - they need some kind of spark. Singleton is not the answer either.
CFTXAG10
AG
The hitting is the issue for me. The starting pitching has been great for the most part, and the 3 headed monster of Abreu-Press-Hader will figure it out. The hitting and lineup just aren't getting it done. Call it bad luck, early season slump, whatever. If they don't figure it out soon it's gonna get a lot uglier around here.
f1ghtintexasaggie
KC_Ag14 said:

If you can believe it, these numbers actually got worse tonight. Guy is bringing absolutely nothing to the table so far.

TWENTY. MILLION. DOLLARS.

Cut him now and move on.
CFTXAG10
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

KC_Ag14 said:

TWENTY. MILLION. DOLLARS.

Cut him now and move on.

Impromptu George Strait concert at MMP this Summer
iBrad
AG
I prefer Yordan in the 2-hole. It guarantees an AB in the first and prevents him from leading off a lot of second innings. I don't think dropping him guarantees hitting with more runner on base.

One thing I might try, however, is batting Diaz third and Tucker fourth, dropping Bregs to fifth.
Beat40
BCEDAg said:

Is it already time for a team meeting? I think something has to happen now to pull the guys out of this funk. Who are the leaders that will speak up - Verlander, Bergman, Altuve?

I know it's early but team needs to cut bait with Jose Abreu. Bat is slow and Loperfido is tearing it up at Sugarland. Bring the kid up - they need some kind of spark. Singleton is not the answer either.

Yeah, the team whose all-stars aren't performing need a kid from sugarland to provide them a spark.

I'm all for bringing the kid up, but let's be real. This offense isn't going because the all-stars aren't getting it done with men on base.
AggiEE
Texas A&M said:

Extension talk for any of these players should be shelved for a while.

Offer Bregman a case of 4 Breggy bomb salsas for 4 years and Tucker 5 boxes of Captain Crunch for 5 years

Sounds reasonable given how they are playing right now
Beat40
Bregxit said:

DeProfundis said:

Bregxit said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

BeaumontAg05 said:

Agree with this. 2,3,4 need to be reshuffled.

Altuve
Bregman
Tucker/Alvarez
Alvarez/Tucker

Batting 2nd vs 4th got Alvarez an extra AB tonight

A lot of good that did. I'd rather see him bat fewer times with more men on base. He is hitting .250 with 2 bombs and 3 RBI from the 2 hole.

Explain Ohtani and Judge for me then. Judge had an all time in the past 20 years offensive season from the 2-hole.

Explain Acuna.
First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 1928

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.