***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,879,567 Views | 67467 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Mathguy64
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

**** your shutout!
Not even sure why Meyers was hitting. Everyone knows you PH Singleton there.
Heineken-Ashi
Good looking swing from Jake. Have to admit, his swing has gotten better.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
CFTXAG10
AG
Bradford getting tagged with the run there is beautiful
W
AG
Jake with the garbage time blast
Marvin
AG
W said:

He told Bregman to hold his beer.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
dixichkn
AG
W said:

Can he come up about 10 more times?
Big Al 1992
AG
Ok - I don't need to go back to that stadium anymore.
CFTXAG10
AG
Mr Waiver Claim with a 1-2-3 inning
Heineken-Ashi
This guy should have started. Good control and good movement.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
CFTXAG10
AG
Cmon garbage time singleton dinger
mAgnoliAg
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Ok - I don't need to go back to that stadium anymore.

Same. Glad I have a newborn or else we would've been there since we live so close.
Heineken-Ashi
Tucker doing a two strike swing with no strikes.
Heineken-Ashi
When do finally cut bait with Kessinger?
W
AG
the Astros have a wild standard deviation in performance right now -- especially at the plate

the team is either great or awful on a given night
Maroon&Fight
Including last year, anytime this team has a vintage offensive performance they revert back way below the mean the following game. It's honestly perplexing stuff that I don't know how to justify
Wabs
AG
W said:

the Astros have a wild standard deviation in performance right now -- especially at the plate

the team is either great or awful on a given night

Mostly awful
Wabs
AG
Maroon&Fight said:

Including last year, anytime this team has a vintage offensive performance they revert back way below the mean the following game. It's honestly perplexing stuff that I don't know how to justify

Combine that phenomenon with absolutely sucking at home. There's never been a team like this.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Are we allowed to worry yet?
Ags #1
AG
Nope. Have to wait 30 games minimum
Farmer1906
AG
Worry? Sure.

Claim the season is over, the window is closed, blah blah blah? Sure, but you sound like a dumbass
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Worry? Sure.

Claim the season is over, the window is closed, blah blah blah? Sure, but you sound like a dumbass

Window isn't closed but this team is going to have issues all year. I'm honestly thinking we fight for a wild card spot all the way until the final games of the season.
CFTXAG10
AG
Worry is warranted. Brown/Crane might have to be active sooner than they expected if this continues. There has to be answers to the inconsistency.
JB!98
AG
Here is a redhead commiserate with our season so far. Early though.

Kashchei
AG
I don't know what is up with this team. Everything about last season was a struggle and things just felt off. Yeah we were "one game away from the WS," but how close were we really? We got butt****ed in games 6 and 7. And now the same funk has seemed to continue into this season. Is it remnants of Dusty? Is it complacency? Is it Abreu? Is it Crane? Is the window closing? I have no idea.
Maroon&Fight
What does Bregman do in the off-season that warrants a 2 month suck fest to begin each year?
Heineken-Ashi
Kashchei said:

I don't know what is up with this team. Everything about last season was a struggle and things just felt off. Yeah we were "one game away from the WS," but how close were we really? We got butt****ed in games 6 and 7. And now the same funk has seemed to continue into this season. Is it remnants of Dusty? Is it complacency? Is it Abreu? Is it Crane? Is the window closing? I have no idea.
Maybe it was always Espada
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Glad I missed this one. Watched a great high school baseball game instead.

But glad to see Zach Morris held it down tonight.
superaggie73
AG
Kashchei said:

They have too many "professionals" and no dawgs with any emotion. Bregman turned into a ***** after the trash can stuff and lost all of his fire and passion. Springer and Correa left. Now you can't name 1 guy in the team with any kind of emotion shown. A Garcia may be a roided up meathead, but dude knows how to pump up his team and get the crowd going. We are a team full of Roger Dorn's.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Maroon&Fight said:

What does Bregman do in the off-season that warrants a 2 month suck fest to begin each year?
Works on hitting pop ups and sprinting down first base line like a penguin
CFTXAG10
AG
Maroon&Fight said:

Call me crazy but I'd throw him in the 2 hole.

Altuve
Bregman
Alvarez
Tucker
Diaz
McCormick
Pena
Dubon
Abreu
Wabs
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Worry? Sure.

Window isn't closed but this team is going to have issues all year. I'm honestly thinking we fight for a wild card spot all the way until the final games of the season.

At this point I'd be happier than a pig in **** to be "fighting for a wild card spot" this season. This team has major issues. The offense is excruciatingly inconsistent and that is why we're 2-6. We make scrub pitchers look like ****ing Sandy Koufax. It's unreal.
n_touch
Maroon&Fight said:

dixichkn
AG
Chemistry. This team just doesn't seem to have it. With the Springer/Breggy/Altuve/Correa teams it just seems like there was more of a spark there. I know they managed a double-middle-finger-to-the-world championship in 22 but I just don't see the spark ever since then. Lot of "going thru the motions" vibe. Was hoping that getting rid of the walking brain fart that was Dusty would turn things around. Not seeing it yet.

Oh well. Flush this one and give it a run tomorrow
Wabs
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Maroon&Fight said:

Call me crazy but I'd throw him in the 2 hole.

Altuve
Bregman
Alvarez
Tucker
Diaz
McCormick
Pena
Dubon
Abreu

I'll just call you crazy for keeping Abreu in the lineup,
dixichkn
AG
You posted it as I typed it.
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 1928

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.