***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,885,077 Views | 67479 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by Dr. Doctor
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
going to need the bullpen tonight
Aggie8587
AG
Big K from CJ
Beat40
CJ!
Beat40
W said:

And the offense!
BayAg_14
W said:

BadAggie
AG
Seventh straight game an Astros starter has turned in a quality start.

AgSportsFan89
AG
BadAggie said:

Uhhhh. No. Quality start requires 6 innings. Pretty sure there was another start that didn't go 6 innings
Heineken-Ashi
Beat40 said:

The D said:

Beat40 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Yordan 3 for 3 with a homer and has only batted with 1 base runner and only has 2 RBI's. Meanwhile, in the 4-hole..

Have you been watching Yordan so far this season? Because his play prior to this game is nullifying the point your are making. If he had been in the 4 hole to this point, the results would have been the same.

Have you been watching bregman and Yordan the last few years ? It appears you have only watched 5 games in your life.

You obviously have only watched the Astros because there are elite hitters like Yordan hitting in the 2-hole all over the place. Two of them have won MVP from the 2-hole and one had one of the most historic offensive seasons in the last 20 years.

So, if he's not hitting in the two hole, the lowest you can place him is in the 3 spot otherwise you will be giving him less ABs over the season than another other position aside from positions 1 & 2.

If you are arguing for Yordan in the 4-spot, you are the one who is not watching and keeping up with baseball as a whole.
How many of those have an elite BB% guy on the team?

When presented with all of the options on the team, Bregman anywhere other than the 2 hole just doesn't make sense. He drives in a good amount of runs but isn't necessarily clutch while also grounding into a lot of double plays. He walks at an elite rate though. If Bregman wasn't on the team, I'd be ok with Yordan at 2, though I think I would vote Tucker at that point with Yordan at 3. But Bregman is on the team. Despite the slow Aprils, you can't bury a guy with his tools down in the order. You are wasting a base runner too often. And one other point that I haven't brought up yet before I let this topic die.. Bregman sees more hittable pitches with Tucker and Yordan behind him. I think he would get out of his funk real quick.

Altuve
Bregman
Tucker
Yordan
Yainer
Chaz
Abreu
Meyers
Pena
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
Twisted Helix
Ballsy take.
RED AG 98
AG
Breggy with 2 really tough 2 strike takes. His understanding of the strike zone really is impressive.
Mathguy64
AG
Breggy churning those little hamster legs getting to 3B.
RED AG 98
AG
Yainer leading the AL in hits is seriously laugh / cry. Thanks DB...
Aggie8587
AG
So many pop outs with guys on 3rd and no outs
West Roxbury
Well the theory is to have Alvarez and Altuve get as many as 50 more at bats per season than a 4 hole hitter. The days of the 2 hole hitter being like a second lead off man or a scrappy guy who could move runners is past us.
BadAggie
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

BadAggie said:

Uhhhh. No. Quality start requires 6 innings. Pretty sure there was another start that didn't go 6 innings

Ok, good start, whatever, officer
Wabs
AG
Break it open right here. Or just get one home. Something. Anything.
Heineken-Ashi
Beat40 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Beat40 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Yordan 3 for 3 with a homer and has only batted with 1 base runner and only has 2 RBI's. Meanwhile, in the 4-hole..

Have you been watching Yordan so far this season? Because his play prior to this game is nullifying the point you are making. If he had been in the 4 hole to this point, the results would have been the same.
I've watched every game. I've watched us put the hardest hitter and biggest run producer in continous position to not drive in runs.

If you are arguing for him in the 4 spot, you are wrong. Lowest he could bat is 3.
Yordan has one AB more than Bregman to this point. But Bregman has had 19 baserunners and Yordan has had 15. I'm sorry, but I want my MVP level masher with the most chances to drive in baserunners. The AB's are not far enough apart to matter.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
West Roxbury
Bust it open indeed.
BadAggie
AG
AgSportsFan89
AG
BadAggie said:

AgSportsFan89 said:

BadAggie said:

Ok, good start, whatever, officer

I'm going to let you off with a warning this time. Turns out we only have 3 so far - Framber last night, Blanco and Javier's first start. Less than I thought myself.
West Roxbury
Heineken-Ashi said:

Beat40 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Beat40 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Have you been watching Yordan so far this season? Because his play prior to this game is nullifying the point you are making. If he had been in the 4 hole to this point, the results would have been the same.
I've watched every game. I've watched us put the hardest hitter and biggest run producer in continous position to not drive in runs.

If you are arguing for him in the 4 spot, you are wrong. Lowest he could bat is 3.
Yordan has one AB more than Bregman to this point. But Bregman has had 19 baserunners and Yordan has had 15. I'm sorry, but I want my MVP level masher with the most chances to drive in baserunners. The AB's are not far enough apart to matter.

Yes. To this point in the season. LOL. 5 games. It's a long term view. 50 ABs over 162 games.

Hate to break it to you but the math has been studied by the teams and the math doesn't lie.

The question is whether the team is willing to stick to it because if you don't then the numbers really don't matter.
Ags #1
AG
Chas!!
RED AG 98
AG
Fizz!
CFTXAG10
AG
We CAN do it
tjack16
AG
There ya go! Dusty's nemesis are killing it this season
Wabs
AG
Am I dreaming?
Mathguy64
AG
Look at the sequencing.
Texaggie7nine
Penawesome
7nine
RED AG 98
AG
This sure is more fun.
AgSportsFan89
AG
But wait, there's more
tjack16
AG
Really happy with what we've seen from Pena
Wabs
AG
Wabs said:

Am I dreaming?

I am.
Maroon&Fight
We will single you to death!!
West Roxbury
Let's gooooooo!!
tjack16
AG
Need about 3 more runs before I feel comfortable with the bullpen
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 1929

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.