***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,887,303 Views | 67484 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 3B Paul 97
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You just couldn't stay away.

Dynasty is still on. Everything is fine. We'll figure it out. Things will come together. Ring#3. Feel free to bookmark this.
Beat40
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Beau Holder said:

Click truthers stand up

Another thing we can thank Dusty for...

None of that is on Dusty. That's all 100% Crane. Just ask texasaggie2015.

Crane didn't like the way Click worked. If I'm reading the tea leaves and seeing the moves made after Click wasn't renewed, Click was probably against most of the big name moves Jim wanted to make.
Beat40
All I care about are series wins. Just go win the series tomorrow.
Beau Holder
AG
Farmer1906 said:

You just couldn't stay away.

Dynasty is still on. Everything is fine. We'll figure it out. Things will come together. Ring#3. Feel free to bookmark this.
TRM
AG
Beat40 said:

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Beau Holder said:

Click truthers stand up

Another thing we can thank Dusty for...

None of that is on Dusty. That's all 100% Crane. Just ask texasaggie2015.

Crane didn't like the way Click worked. If I'm reading the tea leaves and seeing the moves made after Click wasn't renewed, Click was probably against most of the big name moves Jim wanted to make.
And Click was probably right.
W
AG
Ag_07 said:

So Espada just said Jake Meyers has the green light but it was a slide step so in hindsight he should've shut it down.

Jake just can't get out of his own way and really can't be put in any critical situations.
from a keeping-the-clubhouse perspective...Jake needs to sit a couple of games for that blunder

Dubon should start tomorrow
redline248
AG
W said:

Ag_07 said:

So Espada just said Jake Meyers has the green light but it was a slide step so in hindsight he should've shut it down.

Jake just can't get out of his own way and really can't be put in any critical situations.
from a keeping-the-clubhouse perspective...Jake needs to sit a couple of games for that blunder

I don't think you need to bench a guy b/c he slipped. When you're going on first move, you can't tell if I guy is slide stepping.
W
AG
strange stats thru 6 games:

Bregman has zero runs scored

Yordan has zero RBI

perhaps a bit telling that Tucker leads the team in walks with 4

better get Yainer hitting behind him asap
BadAggie
AG
No starting pitcher has given up more than 3 runs in 6 games, including a no-hitter, and exactly one win during that span.

Team LOB has started a season strong yet again.

The bullpen has had its screwups, but Yordan and Bregman with one RBI between them through 6 games is a big part of the story.

Not to mention there have been some egregious fielding errors and base running mistakes so far. If you count the McCormick attempt to stretch a double tonight when Springer was coming up with the ball as Chas touched first there were four rather terrible F ups on the bases tonight.

I guess you can count some on mean reversion for the offense, but hard to script a better start through 6 games for a starting rotation that is missing two key components in JV and Garcia, and another two in Urquidy and McCullers.

If 2023 was about Diaz not getting as many starts as warranted, 2024 might be about him not being higher in the order. Ditto for Pena.

Last, as underwhelming as Jose Abreu's tenure has been with the Astros, somehow he had 90 RBIs last season.

iBrad
AG
W said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't think Altuve wants to set a precedent of sitting guys because of base running blunders.
BadAggie
AG
Also I think you gotta play Dubon more.

In the non stat category of gamer, he fits the mold more than a number of the other guys.

Bregman needs to stop thinking about salsa, horses, and whatever bag Boras has promised him.

iBrad
AG
I still think Abreu will be serviceable this season. He's not going to be his former MVP self, but he'll find a power stroke and drive in runs again while hitting around .250. But his contract still sucks.
BadAggie
AG
As for Click v Crane, that wasn't a Luhnow situation, in which despite the internet hot takes Crane's hand was forced.

Crane had a GM who managed a roster to make two WS and win one, and who made some good moves, Diaz looking like an absolute steal acquired for Myles Straw, the World's Fastest Caucasian.

The Click decision aside, hiring Brown was sound, but a lot rests on his skill as a talent evaluator using lower draft picks.

Silent For Too Long
Look ar the bright side, guys, Hader is pretty much guaranteed to not give up another run for the rest of the season, now.

So we got that going for us.
W
AG
Chris Bassitt on the mound for Toronto on Wednesday

he was tough on the 'stros last year

allowed 2 runs and 7 hits in 14 innings (across 2 starts)

calls his own games if I remember correctly
tjack16
AG
I think it's highly possible we are 2-8 leaving Arlington on Sunday. And that will not be a fun feeling

I just hate that we threw away every ounce of momentum we created after Monday. I'm very disappointed in Hader, Bregman, and Yordan.

For a 1-5 start, I'd imagine we have the lowest ERA for starting pitchers in MLB. That's inexcusable and I hope it's not one of those things where we find new creative ways to lose all season and waste away a postseason spot
JDUB08AG
AG
Hader has been the biggest disappointment for me so far. 0-2 6 games into the season as a closer? Woof.
Frok
AG
Best 1-5 team in baseball
Wabs
AG
As disappointing as our bullpen has been, I'd say our offense is the main problem right now. That centers around 3 players mainly - Breggy, Yordan and Abreu. Combined, in the heart of the otrder, they are 9 for 66, ZERO homers, and ONE RBI. And one of those hits from Breggy really shouldn't count. Combine that with a lack of "clutch' hits from seemingly the entire lineup, and we have major problems.

This team needs to get on the road and come together as we've seen them do many times before. I'm hoping that works again.....
EastCoastAgNc
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5QlYvXO8mz/?igsh=bWNkbGU4bjl0MGE3
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
tjack16 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

tjack16 said:

Beau Holder said:

Maybe he's a SARM goblin.

To contribute to getting back on topic, I petition to wear Space City every day for now.

Space city is our best uniform besides the orange tops/gray pants on the road IMO
absolutely not those blue pants are atrocious. The jerseys are cool but the uniform only works when worn with high socks. It's horrible with blue slacks

What if they did the jerseys and caps but with white pants? That's personally what I'd like

Just catching up. I'd like to at least see it. But with those being a special uniform are they allowed to mix and match them? I don't know. But as a fan item that's the best jersey, but just proves that fan stuff and on field wear does not always match.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Mathguy64 said:

tjack16 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

tjack16 said:

Beau Holder said:

To contribute to getting back on topic, I petition to wear Space City every day for now.

Space city is our best uniform besides the orange tops/gray pants on the road IMO
absolutely not those blue pants are atrocious. The jerseys are cool but the uniform only works when worn with high socks. It's horrible with blue slacks

What if they did the jerseys and caps but with white pants? That's personally what I'd like

Tequila stirrups or socks should be mandatory with that uni. Just shorten and tailor the pants if the player doesn't want to pull them up.

And we ain't no damn softball team. No blue shirt and white pants. Or worse the other way.

The term is knickers. Most guys who wear high pants isn't pulling them up.

Also you do realize the Framber uniform is a blue jersey and white pants right
tjack16
AG
I'd be fine with a totally different lineup tonight just to see if some guys come out of it

Altuve
Tucker
Diaz
Yordan
Pena
Bregman
McCormick
Dubon - 1B
Meyers
The Porkchop Express
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Mathguy64 said:

tjack16 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

tjack16 said:

Beau Holder said:

Tequila stirrups or socks should be mandatory with that uni. Just shorten and tailor the pants if the player doesn't want to pull them up.

And we ain't no damn softball team. No blue shirt and white pants. Or worse the other way.

The term is knickers. Most guys who wear high pants isn't pulling them up.

Also you do realize the Framber uniform is a blue jersey and white pants right
Knicker, please.
agproducer
AG
Holy ***** I just looked at the standings and the Angels are in first place.

I thought the Rangers or Mariners were running away with this thing!

We are 2.5 games back. The sky is falling!
All I do is Nguyen
I guarantee that dude was taking a dump lmao
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Jackal99
AG
Ok, that's funny. Glad I saw that before I took a sip of coffee and not after...
Boiling Denim
At least our division rivals and the Stanks all lost...
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

EastCoastAgNc
AG

Imagine someone telling you this stat in February and then telling you the team's record
linkdude
AG
I mean, bullpen would be the obvious culprit.

Also:
bearkatag15
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I know it's wicked early but dang we need bullpen help already
bearkatag15
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 1929

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.