***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,887,664 Views | 67484 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 3B Paul 97
JuneBug07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Meyers is not a major league caliber player period. He never was or will be. I cannot think of any reason why he is in the majors. Does not belong.
Abreu sucks. He can't hit anymore. He is no longer capable of hitting pro pitchers. He has caught the old and needs to retire or be sent to minors indefinitely.
Frok
AG
The Post-Click free agent signings are awful
tjack16
AG
Maybe Schloss can come talk to the team. Aggies are undefeated at home this season
agproducer
AG
Altuve
Tuck
Yordan
Diaz
Chas
Bregs
Abreu
Pena
Meyers
tjack16
AG
Frok said:

The Post-Click free agent signings are awful

Yeah thank goodness we ran him off. All he ever did for us was help build an elite pen that won a WS and got us Yainer Diaz as an add in
iBrad
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

iBrad said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Beat40 said:

Mathguy64 said:

5 losses in less than a week, all on the pen. That's less than optimal.

You say all on the pen. I say 60% on the offense having guys in scoring position with 1 out or less and not scoring any runs.

They've done 4, 3, 1, 10, and 1 in the first 5 games. Outside game 4, that run production will not win many games in today's MLB.
When you construct your lineup in such a ways that it minimizes multiple player's strengths, this was 100% expected.

Construct it any way you want. If guys aren't hitting, they aren't hitting.
Bregman never hits in April, hits the ball hard 38% of the time to Yordan's 55%, grounded into the 7th most double plays in the entire league last year, and is elite at walking.

It was always an incredibly stupid decision to bat him cleanup, in a run producing role, when his main tool is OBP. At the same time, you have your run producer who mashes the ball in an OBP role.

It's just dumb. It's reverse of all logic. And on top of that, Bregman has multiple year's worth of data that says he isn't productive offensively in April.

Your logic is rooted in antiquated baseball philosophy. And like I said, flip them in the lineup with their respective .100 batting averages and what do you get? A whole lot of nothing.
BadAggie
AG
The D said:

Dubon needs to start at first. Abreu is complete ****ing trash

Dubon should start over Meyers

Texas A&M
tjack16 said:

Maybe Schloss can come talk to the team. Aggies are undefeated at home this season
It doesn't change the premise, but I think we do have one loss at home.
tjack16
AG
Texas A&M said:

tjack16 said:

It doesn't change the premise, but I think we do have one loss at home.

Oh yeah that Mississippi state loss. My bad
Ag_07
AG
So Espada just said Jake Meyers has the green light but it was a slide step so in hindsight he should've shut it down.

Jake just can't get out of his own way and really can't be put in any critical situations.
Beau Holder
AG
Click truthers stand up
f1ghtintexasaggie
agproducer said:

Altuve
Tuck
Yordan
Diaz
Chas
Bregs
Abreu
Pena
Meyers

If we're penciling our own wishlist lineup, why TF do you still have Abreu in there?
BadAggie
AG
Framber pitches 7 2/3 innings of shutout ball with no walks

f1ghtintexasaggie
Beau Holder said:

Click truthers stand up

Another thing we can thank Dusty for...
Heineken-Ashi
iBrad said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

iBrad said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Beat40 said:

Mathguy64 said:

5 losses in less than a week, all on the pen. That's less than optimal.

You say all on the pen. I say 60% on the offense having guys in scoring position with 1 out or less and not scoring any runs.

They've done 4, 3, 1, 10, and 1 in the first 5 games. Outside game 4, that run production will not win many games in today's MLB.
When you construct your lineup in such a ways that it minimizes multiple player's strengths, this was 100% expected.

Construct it any way you want. If guys aren't hitting, they aren't hitting.
Bregman never hits in April, hits the ball hard 38% of the time to Yordan's 55%, grounded into the 7th most double plays in the entire league last year, and is elite at walking.

It was always an incredibly stupid decision to bat him cleanup, in a run producing role, when his main tool is OBP. At the same time, you have your run producer who mashes the ball in an OBP role.

It's just dumb. It's reverse of all logic. And on top of that, Bregman has multiple year's worth of data that says he isn't productive offensively in April.

Your logic is rooted in antiquated baseball philosophy. And like I said, flip them in the lineup with their respective .100 batting averages and what do you get? A whole lot of nothing.
I've posted multiple times now using sabermetric stats on both players and why they should be flipped in the lineup. So get out of here with your "antiquated" BS. Bregman is absolutely elite at getting base. And thats exactly what you want went entering the bottom half of your batting order. Meanwhile, Yordan is elite at hitting the ball hard and driving in runs. Because that's what you want following likely one player who is any sort of reliable between the bottom of the order and Altuve at getting on base in front of him. Hell ya MODERN BASEBALL baby.

And the "modern" way of thinking where you want your best hitters getting the most at bats.. its led to Yordan and Bregman getting roughly the same at bats with Yordan getting less RBI opportunities. Perhaps having a guy in a role he's never been in during his young dominate career, once which requires him to focus on a different outcome than he's used to, maybe doesn't lead to a plate approach that suits him? Nah, that's antiquated.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
cc10106
Well this team saved me some money. Was looking at different streaming/cable plan options for when I move but not anymore. I can just listen while I find way more productive things to do than watch this sh*tshow.

p.s. the new HEB commercial sucks
BadAggie
AG
tjack16 said:

I personally don't think we will be as good on the road as we were last year. We need to figure out the home crap now or it's going to be a year to forget

The home field issue is these guys get home and are distracted by home life, also more of them today have gotten paid somewhat

It's not about painting the outfield seats a different color

On the road they are forced to focus on baseball

linkdude
AG
Heineken-Ashi
BadAggie said:

tjack16 said:

I personally don't think we will be as good on the road as we were last year. We need to figure out the home crap now or it's going to be a year to forget

The home field issue is these guys get home and are distracted by home life, also more of them today have gotten paid somewhat

It's not about painting the outfield seats a different color

On the road they are forced to focus on baseball

Just stay away from Correa's wife and the massage table and we should be fine.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
Boiling Denim
Where does our analytics dept fit in all this home futility? Are we getting the same quality out of that department or is their presence causing issues? I would assume they have more sway at home due to proximity than on the road. Are the players and coaches getting crossed up due to changes on that side?
DeProfundis
So Hader is 38% of the way to the number of earned runs he gave up all last season.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Hornbeck said:

1-5. The Joe Espada Era is off to a craptastic start….
ttha_aggie_09
AG
DeProfundis said:

So Hader is 38% of the way to the number of earned runs he gave up all last season.
Wabs
AG
It's time to bench Abreu, put Dubon at first for the time being. Breggy needs to drop. Put Yordan back in the 3 hole.

Altuve
Tucker
Yordan
Diaz
Chas
Pena
Breggy
Dubon
Meyers
cc10106
Props to Framber for his start tonight. And our starting pitching in general so far.
PoppaB05
AG
Can we just get a dedicated group of fans to start the "F Altuve" chants and bring inflatable trash cans. Let's fix this home field problem
iBrad
AG
Why is everyone dropping Bregs and keeping Yordan at the top? They've been equally non-existent.
DustyBaker
Corey Julks is the straw that stirs the drink for this team.

Get the man in the lineup.
agproducer
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

agproducer said:

Altuve
Tuck
Yordan
Diaz
Chas
Bregs
Abreu
Pena
Meyers

If we're penciling our own wishlist lineup, why TF do you still have Abreu in there?

I would like to bench Abreu and bring up Loperfido, but that isn't going to happen. I was putting together a realistic lineup.

Also, regarding Jake, I think the Astros are giving him an extended look to see if he puts it together. If he is struggling at the ASB, I would think Dubie takes that spot full time.
Beau Holder
AG
Legit lmao that this team of WS veterans, former MVPs, Boras Clients, and over-tax payroll has lost literally every ****ing game it's played except the one where their No. 8 starter threw a no-hitter.

I guess all dynasties do fall.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
DustyBaker said:

Excellent sock and comment. Username absolutely checks out
Boiling Denim
DeProfundis said:

It should be noted Hader had a very craptastic 2022 so this level of play is definitely still in his arsenal

Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Beau Holder said:

Click truthers stand up

One thing I'll never do is dog Click. That Straw for Maton and Yanier trade could end up being a top 5 all time trade for this franchise.
3 Toed Pete
AG
DustyBaker said:

So much potential with this "poster"
DustyBaker
Wrong

Top 5 worst trades maybe
First Page Last Page
Page 102 of 1929

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.