***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,288,456 Views | 60463 Replies | Last: 36 sec ago by JohnnyTexAg1995
BQRyno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wabs said:

tjack16 said:

I was pretty happy with what I saw offensively yesterday from us. If a couple of those singles found a gap it's a different outcome.

The free bases were the biggest concern to me
This, and just overall Framber. He goes downhill quickly when the first "bad" thing happens or he gets squeezed by blue. Yesterday, blue refused to give him the bottom of the zone - and for Framber that means he will not have a good day. He lives down there.

This in combination with the jankees taking tough pitches he felt like they should have offered at really seemed to work him up. Oh Framber.
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

MaxPower said:

Didn't see it posted. They put up and ump score last night? Was at the game so it was hard to tell whether a lot of those close calls were bad.

It was quite bad.
Actually it wasn't. He missed 11 calls but had an xIC score of 10.5 on 173 pitches. His accuracy was 93.6% and his expected runs affect was -0.02. That's a neutral a score as you can get.

From an ump scoreboard standpoint he was good. Not saying he was good, but his scorecard doesn't show he was bad.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

Nothing loose about it.

Hold up, Farmer is a soulless ginger? That explains so much.
Farmer1906
AG
Wait. There is literally a picture of me posted with no red hair.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

Maybe it's the lighting but your beard looks awfully red in the pic.
Beau Holder
AG
Freddy Peralta vs Jose Quintana is not a first-game matchup one expects to see.

Strider-Wheeler isn't until 2.
W
AG
Apple TV game tonight?

hello Robert and Sparky
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

You're lost

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2759133
Wow. That thread is greatness. I grew up in Houston (spring woods and Jersey Village) and my grandparents lived for 40 years almost across the street from Spring Branch HS. But I rarely look at the Houston board. Maybe I should. I never realized everyone else in Houston was obsessed with showing how pretentious they were with owning 27 watches they change every day. And now I feel poor.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
it was interesting yesterday...the Astros had 13 hits, but most of them were up the middle or to the opposite field...which is fine...but it limits power. And the Yankees were happy with the tradeoff

(besides Jake's home run and Yordan's & Tucker's 9th inning singles)
Mathguy64
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07 said:

You're lost

Wow. That thread is greatness. I grew up in Houston (spring woods and Jersey Village) and my grandparents lived for 40 years almost across the street from Spring Branch HS. But I rarely look at the Houston board. Maybe I should. I never realized everyone else in Houston was obsessed with showing how pretentious they were with owning 27 watches they change every day. And now I feel poor.

ETA. My wrist is Neanderthal compared to that soulless ginger one. My only real watch is like a cheap discount compared to all those big spenders.

The Porkchop Express
AG
TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

Maybe it's the lighting but your beard looks awfully red in the pic.
Here's another picture of Farmer for comparison.

TarponChaser
EastCoastAgNc said:

I'm calling bull**** on that. Namely the part about only 1 of 115 called balls which were actually "true strikes." Framber had at least a half-dozen clear strikes that were called balls. Way more strikes called balls than balls called strikes.
Thinice
DeProfundis said:

Yeah, let's be honest, Framber should have been tagged for 7 or 8, giving up 11 baserunners in 4.2/3 innings.

13 hits including an HR should win you 75% of your games with your #1 pitcher on the mound. Framber better get his crap together
Dumbass Chandler Rome questioning Espada "yanking his starter before finishing the 5th.
BQRyno
AG
Rome is such a tool - you know he watched the game and doesn't actually believe this.
3B Paul 97
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07 said:

You're lost

ETA. My wrist is Neanderthal compared to that soulless ginger one. My only real watch is like a cheap discount compared to all those big spenders.

I had you pegged for a Casio calculator watch.
3B Paul 97
AG
Is there anyone who takes part in PrizePicks? Thinking about a daily "best bet" for the Astros games. For instance today: Rodon/Javier first inning runs O/U .5 with Alvarez Hits+RBI+Runs O/U 1.5 for the game. Leaning over for both.
Mathguy64
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07 said:

You're lost

I had a calculator watch. In HS. In like 1979.
Farmer1906
AG
Checks out.
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

agproducer said:

DeProfundis said:

Beau Holder said:

Less than ideal outcome but thank you Fro!! We love ya. Very grateful. TA Stros thread is out here regardless.

I'm telling my kids this was JP France, Lance Berkman, Ryne Stanek and Jose Altuve

Did y'all call each other by your screen names?

Do any of us even have real names?

Yes
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Nothing loose about it.

Very cool looking watch. Sadly I'm reliant on my Apple Watch at this point

What's all the numbers around the edge? And what does a piece like that run?
Twisted Helix
Those metroplexuals are sure strutting around for it to be just one game into the season.
Cranksuckers them all.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I don't care if Jake hit a HR, he has a decent history of being poor vs RHP while Singleton is more likely to reach base to get Altuve up.

You watch your mouth and put some respect on his name! That's the current HR leader in the clubhouse and leading team MVP candidate
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

tjack16 said:

agproducer said:

DeProfundis said:

Beau Holder said:

Less than ideal outcome but thank you Fro!! We love ya. Very grateful. TA Stros thread is out here regardless.

I'm telling my kids this was JP France, Lance Berkman, Ryne Stanek and Jose Altuve

Do any of us even have real names?

Yes

Wabs
AG
Enough talk about watches, gingers, metrosexuals and all that BS. We have a ****ing game to win today and we need to focus.

The Porkchop Express
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07 said:

You're lost

This is the last watch I ever owned.

Farmer1906
AG
It's a tachymeter which isn't really useful in everyday life. Its measures elapsed time to a rate. This model is known as the moonwatch. It's what the astronauts took to space back in the early 60s and then eventually to the moon. My watch is one of many limited edition models that have produced over the years. Generally an Omega Speedmaster professional runs about 7k.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Interesting. I'd be needing the wish/Temu version of that…
Farmer1906
AG
Unless you have an appreciation of mechanical movements / watch history or just want attention there's no reason drop serious money on a watch. An Apple Watch is way more practical and functional.
Beau Holder
AG
agproducer said:

DeProfundis said:

Beau Holder said:

That being said, we need to have a TA meeting at the ballpark.

I'd hate to know what else someone would call me if not that.
Sex Panther
AG
my Speedmaster is my go to
The Porkchop Express
AG
You know you've missed basball when you're opening a new browser window to follow along with Mets/Brewers while you work.
Beat40
Anyone seen a code or something from the Astros for tonight's game on Apple TV?
Beat40
Man I'm hoping for a good start from Javier tonight. Would be such a huge momentum boost for him and the team.
gambochaman
AG
Is there a free code or something for this stupid appletv game
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 1728

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.