***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,855,297 Views | 67350 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by linkdude
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad Dubon had his worst game ever as an Astro but he plays instead of Chaz and Joey
EastCoastAgNc
AG
iamtheglove
Mathguy64 said:

redline248 said:

I didn't get to watch the game last night...can someone help me out on this one in the bottom of the 6th?
Quote:

Francisco Alvarez doubles (9) on a ground ball to shortstop Jeremy Peña.

It was a pure fluke. Hit Peña's glove and deflected badly towards the wall way behind 3B. And Alvarez hit 2B pounding his chest screaming like he won the WS.

It was followed immediately by Bregman's error. That's when the wheels fell off.

I'll say it again, there was some bizarre Mets emotion last night. Huge bat flips, jawing into their own dugout, chest pounding. On this play, Altuve was looking at Alvarez like he was drunk. It truly was world series level celebrations by NY. No idea why
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Followed by an on field "concert" by the players or something.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Mathguy64
AG
How bad was Dubon last night? He left 10 on base. The AL record is 13 but it was in a 15 inning game. The second place of 12 was done twice but also in extra innings. Weirdly all three were done by Boston Red sox players in different games.

I'm going out on a limb and betting that Dubon tied the 9 inning record. I can't find it anywhere but I'm betting that's it.

He also left 8 RISP which is unfathomly hard to do. Runners on 2 and 3 in 4 separate ABs.
Farmer1906
AG
Doobie is fine. Everyone has nights like that. His ability to make a positive play (RE24) is high. Hes been great with runners in scoring position. Maybe he has a low offensive ceiling, but he's going to be okay.
Mathguy64
AG
I still wish they would get a 1B to hit from the right.

Dubon's position is UTIL giving guys a day off. He's not the solution as an every day 1B RHH.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Dubon's position is UTIL giving guys a day off. He's not the solution as an every day 1B RHH.

100% agree.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I hope no other Astro does this again, it's nothing but a distraction
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

100% agree.
I get the feeling the reason they didn't sniff Garrett Cooper or JD is they want a full time solution not a RHH to pair with Jon. Because the RHH options have been there for basically nothing.
The Porkchop Express
AG
aftershock said:

When I was a kid there was a meet and great with a couple of players at a local Walmart.

I bought a baseball and got in line and got Craig Biggio's autograph. My dad tried to pull me out of the line after Biggio, but I fought him off and got Backe to sign the ball too.

The value of that ball probably took a hit with that move. Probably should have listened to my dad.

On opening day 94 I had saved up enough money to buy a jersey. My friend said to get bagwell but I went with mitch williams.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Ouch
Dr. Doctor
AG
Didn't realize it, but the one that just turned 7 got Backe's signature.

On his glove? Yeah. That's my glove from little league he's using. Easily 35+ years old already.

Now the question is, what's older? The glove or the signature?

~egon
Hornbeck
AG
Thank God they didn't score after pulling off the double steal…
Marvin
AG
Was Bregman asleep or did they just decide to surrender third base? Maybe Framber didn't hold the runner close enough? He's been known to not focus much attention on them lately.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Hornbeck
AG
Marvin said:

Was Bregman asleep or did they just decide to surrender third base? Maybe Framber didn't hold the runner close enough? He's been known to not focus much attention on them lately.

All TK said was Bregman was out of position. Modified shift? I was working on brisket prep in the kitchen, just listening.
Marvin
AG
Hornbeck said:

Marvin said:

All TK said was Bregman was out of position. Modified shift? I was working on brisket prep in the kitchen, just listening.

Got it, thanks. I assumed some kind of shift.
Twisted Helix
That was quite the AB
jetch17
AG
Rake Meyers
Marvin
AG
Attaboy, Jake.
LHAG92
AG
Lotta Stros fans here
JABQ04
AG
Atta boy Jakey!
Marvin
AG
Pena's had a forgettable June at the plate. 557 OPS is woof.
JABQ04
AG
Jesus.
Marvin
AG
I haven't watch every pitch the past two games, but the Astros have been jobbed on a few calls with the strike zone. Jake yesterday, a couple of Framber pitches so far today. Not sure if it has been both ways, but geez.
All I do is Nguyen
JFC Framber
heavens11
AG
Framber is not a smart ball player
"It's just another corps trip boys, we'll march in behind the band"
JohnLA762
AG
So that's the kinda day we are going to have?!?
Marvin
AG
Also, there was a common trend early in the year- offense would get a lead the pitching would promptly cough it up.

And here it is again, aided by yet another Framber meltdown.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
There's the mental breakdown Framber we know
Marvin
AG
Framber is my ride-or-die this year, but I have nothing left to offer. He has the mental fortitude of a ping pong ball.
The Beef01
AG
Dear God…you've had a double play ball and a routine squibber to the mound…recorded zero outs, surrendered 2 runs and have 2 men on.

No way they won't change that hit to an error…should be 2 errors in the inning on 1 hit.
The Beef01
AG
Oh FFS
jetch17
AG
Obese
First Page Last Page
Page 965 of 1925

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.