***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,724,126 Views | 34043 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Lonestar_Ag09
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadAggie said:

Started a AA pitcher, got the W.

I'll take it.

Bingo. I am happy to beat the Orioles with Grayson vs a guy we fast tracked because of injuries and I completely understand trying to bridge the game with low leverage arms if you could.

I came into this series hoping to win one and now we have a chance at getting at least two behind Ronel and then Framber. Tonight is a good night.
Beau Holder
AG
iBrad said:

I don't have any issue with Espada trying to get through the rest of that game with a scrub on the mound to preserve an overworked bullpen.
Hornbeck
AG
Huge lead gives you that luxury. We gave up runs, but limited it enough to get the W.
Baseball Is Life
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Baseball Is Life said:

BadAggie said:

Baseball Is Life said:

AggiEE said:

_veeyah_ said:

The Beef01 said:

Just the essence of bullpen mismanagement…I'm done after this; doesn't matter how it goes, this was a manager who saw a HR and just said "meh, it's only 1" and then allows them to do it again…and again…and finally decides to pull his struggling minor leaguer to put in his struggling major leaguer.

Guy is so far beneath competent and people can ***** about Crane and Abreu, etc…hiring this lipstick-wearing clown is the biggest red flag.

Still need better bullpen arms than what we have, yet our front office did absolutely nothing during the offseason.

Crane spent $95M on one guy when we should have spent maybe half that on multiple "good enough" relievers

CRANE IS THE PROBLEM! Nobody wants to address that. Does our manager suck? Yes, because he is green, but he isn't THE problem. Crane is the problem, followed by Dana

Ok, tell him to sell the team

I am drinking, so disregard most everything I say. However, as much crap as I am talking, I still even have a soft spot for Jim. He is much better than Drayton, but the success got to his head and he thought anyone could do this, like Jerry. I have hope that Crane can learn.

Edit - and by learn, I mean learning not to meddle!

Honest question I guess, do you only post on here when drinking, then use that as a crutch for poor takes? This is the first time you've posted that mid rant as an explanation/excuse

70/30. If I have some interesting, I'll post it, if I can get around to it. If I am drinking, I obviously don't have **** going on that moment. Rare, but it does happen. Yes, I post more when drinking, but I don't post much either way.

And point out my "poor takes"??? I had one day where I made an error with the score. Outside of that, post my poor takes.
3B Paul 97
AG
Kumbaya, My Lord. Kumbaya.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Good morning, everyone...how're we feeling today?

agproducer
AG
bodaciousbood14 said:

It's a great day to get another W!
All I do is Nguyen
Astros will have to take a back seat tonight to the Aggies beating the ever loving, ever loving, compound, complex…oh you know the rest outta ut
Harry Dunne
texasaggie2015 said:

What he says into microphones and what he says behind the scenes are two completely different things.

He could recite Taylor Swift lyrics every time he speaks to the media for all I care. As long as he's doing what we need him to do.
And that would be OK for him to do. Every conquest he made would make him more of a boss to you
Ag_07
AG
bodaciousbood14 said:

Feels like a great day to go win a Natty!!
Marvin
AG
Sounds like I missed a barn burner while flying to Omaha last night. Astros won an entertaining game and this place melted down, haha. Glad I was indisposed and not able to contribute to the train wreck.

Let's get two wins tonight, boys!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

Sounds like I missed a barn burner while flying to Omaha last night. Astros won an entertaining game and this place melted down, haha. Glad I was indisposed and not able to contribute to the train wreck.

Let's get two wins tonight, boys!

I'll be there Monday if there's a game 3
BadAggie
AG

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Two Dubs today boys! Let's do this!
houag78
AG
'Stros at 3:10 and Aggies at 6:30 - perfect timing!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beau Holder
AG
houag78 said:

'Stros at 3:10 and Aggies at 6:30 - perfect timing!

Going to the first and watching the second out on the town.
Texaggie7nine

Who's going?
7nine
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

One of his better ones.
texasaggie2015
AG
I considered it
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Serviam
I tell you what brothers if you guys start seeing baseball more as entertainment and less as an aspect of your identity you'll have a lot more fun.

Last night was a freaking blast, everything fun about baseball. Small ball to put a few runs on the board, orioles coming back to tie it up, taking a lead on a sac fly, huge Jack from Meyers, ridiculous hitting sequence and zany errors to run up a huge lead, some late game drama, and a big W.

I'd take every game just like that one, even if we lost it. That's pure entertainment.
Mr.Bond
AG
When I'm the most sane one here (last night) you know it's a massive problem. Deep breath boys and girls

WE ARE ****IN BACK
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Serviam

bearkatag15
AG

Pretty interesting graphic
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm going to be such a degenerate today. Astros at 3. Aggies at 6. I'm a lightweight these days… I better buckle up.
Mathguy64
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I'm going to be such a degenerate today. Astros at 3. Aggies at 6. I'm a lightweight these days… I better buckle up.

Watching soccer now. Watch it at 2. Swap to the last hour of Astros. Then Aggies.
Beau Holder
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

You and me both, brother.
AustinCountyAg
Just here to say one more time. GO GET BAUER. He's absolutely dealing right now in Mexico. We need starting pitching desperately. GO GET HIm!!!!
bearkatag15
AG
Mathguy64
AG
I think that's 13 pitchers on the IL
TRM
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Definitely a full starting rotation
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 916 of 973

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.