***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,530,501 Views | 63389 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by EastCoastAgNc
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I'm no stranger to self promotion, but as a public service announcement, you guys might want to go over on the civil war thread, Marvin and I have managed to get fc12whatever into a nice web about him being the guy who flagged all of our pretty girl pics last year.

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3452474/replies/67493074

That was fun. Guy is a doofus. I especially enjoy his shtick of "we don't even think about Houston… errr, rent free" and yet he posts so much about the Astros. Cognitive dissonance at the dictionary level.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
GigEM96
Thanks man
Marvin
AG
redline248 said:

I like this lineup. Might not hit a lick, but it puts our best bats at the plate. Ready for Bregman to wake up, though.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Porkchop's Astro Shanks Report 5/4/24

Score: 5-3 over the Mariners
I knew it was over when: Julio Rodriguez had his powers stolen by a witch, possibly Mother Talzin of the Night Sisters on May the Fourth

Record: 12-20 (.375)
Projected Record Pace: 61-101. This pace has improved by 17 games in the past 7 days.
Run Differential?: -14, 10th in the AL
The White Sox Run Differential? -87, on pace for 440, 91 runs worse than the MLB record is -349 by the 1932 Boston Braves.

To get to 90 wins: 78-52 (.600)
To get to 81 wins: 69-61(.531)

Putting the cart slightly ahead of the horse here: After Seattle, it's 3 on the road at the Yankees. They started the year 10-2 including sweeping us at home. They are 11-11 since.

Last night's win was an excellent lesson in baseball for two reasons:
1) You can get dominated for 6 innings by a great pitcher and still win.
2) Next time you think we never get any luck, realize we got about 2 weeks of luck in the 7th/8th innings.

Someone told Bregman to just stand there until the pitcher has thrown at least 3 pitches: And it produced a 1-for-3 with an RBI and a walk night. That's perfect.

Did you go insane when they pinch hit Meyers for Yuey Guperfido? Fortunately I was doing my Friday night ritual of watching Survivor with my daughter it worked out or I would have lost it And of course it worked out.

Bully for the bullpen: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 3 K. That's how you do it.
The AL West is: The tightest division in baseball. First to last is a 5-game swing. Meanwhile the White Sox are 14 games out and Miami is 13.5 on May 4.

Not so much pow pow? Arlington averaging 3.3 runs per game over the last 13, going 6-7.

I'm going to keep banging the A's drum: They are looking like the '15 Astros. Up to 16-17 with a win yesterday. Last year it took them 66 games to get to 16 wins.

Altuve Watch: He recorded hit #2,093 last night to take sole possession of #241. He's 2 behind Alfonso Soriano, who needed almost 900 more plate appearances to reach that total. If he stays healthy, he'll pass Bagwell (2,314) for 2nd on the Astro career list next year. He's the 170th player to get to 300 career steals. He's tied with Frank Taveras, who led league with 70 for the Pirates in 1977, and BJ Upton, who I totally forgot about until I saw his name. BJ had 40+ 3 years in a row for Tampa at one point. There are a lot of impressive players to pass in the next 20 steals, including Beltran, Rafael Furcal, Jose Cuz, Andre Dawson, and Tony Gwynn. He also played in his 1,700th career game yesterday. His next game (today) will get him into the top 500 all time. Pete Rose is #1 with a staggering 3,562.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
W
AG
ol' Frank Taveras -- he was the good-field-no-hit shortstop for the Pirates

only hit 2 career home runs in 4,000 career at-bats

but on those 70's Pirates teams with Parker, Stargell, Oliver, and company...

he just needed to play good defense
W
AG
a little more...

both of Taveras' career HR's came at Riverfront Stadium in the summer time -- that makes sense

and his first one was a grand slam, so he made it count
Sea Speed
AG
Marvin said:

I'm no stranger to self promotion, but as a public service announcement, you guys might want to go over on the civil war thread, Marvin and I have managed to get fc12whatever into a nice web about him being the guy who flagged all of our pretty girl pics last year.

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3452474/replies/67493074

That was fun. Guy is a doofus. I especially enjoy his shtick of "we don't even think about Houston… errr, rent free" and yet he posts so much about the Astros. Cognitive dissonance at the dictionary level.

He is also the poster who is well known for liking questionabely young girls. Its a full on trope on GB. Plus he is a high school matching band enthusiast.
linkdude
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
What a time to be alive
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Kinda feel bad saying I've sort of forgotten about Chaz in the recent Yuey Goperfido emergence.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
203Raggie
AG
Loperfido excites me about his future as an outfielder. Singletons recent success makes me feel okay with how the lineup is now and leaving Joeys athleticism in the OF where it belongs.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG

Kinda feel bad saying I've sort of forgotten about Chaz in the recent Yuey Goperfido emergence.

I mean he has nobody to blame but himself. He and Bregman were both putrid throughout April. Bregman just has no competition at 3rd
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Frok
AG
Oh boy, here we go
W
AG
nobody does it like Framber

GiDP #7 induced
Marvin
AG
Come on Framber, bounce back here and lock it down.

....... and there's the Framber special.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Nice DP. Now get out with no damage
Mr.Bond
AG
Attaboy
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

tjack16
AG
The Framber special
gambochaman
AG
Slick footwork by jp
Marvin
AG
On a side note, the Kentucky Derby finish was amazing. Wow.
Farmer1906
AG
Curve looks good.
Marvin
AG
Good job- that's my ACE!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Oh look. Garver sucks again. So last year was a huge fluke?
Marvin
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Their entire team was a fluke.
Mathguy64
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

A whole team hit their historically best. Including journeymen who joined last year and are not there now. Nothing to see.
W
AG
Gilbert is throwing 98 mph?

don't remember that
W
AG
bunt single for Yordan

copying Altuve
Marvin
AG
Anyone have that on their bingo card tonight?
GigEM96
Lol surprise
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 482 of 1812

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.