***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,660,746 Views | 32877 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Farmer1906
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gambochaman said:

Its saturday mornimg and I'm still tingly about the Altuve squeeze play
This was a fantastic picture on the MLB app this morning.

The Porkchop Express
MaxPower said:

I think he is (or was) dating her.

That really puts in perspective the difference between pro athletes and the rest of us far more than the paycheck
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Mathguy64
AG
Buck Compton said:

gambochaman said:

Its saturday mornimg and I'm still tingly about the Altuve squeeze play
This was a fantastic picture on the MLB app this morning.

He's bunting that ball at eye level too. That is so Altuve.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
The Porkchop Express said:

I'm no stranger to self promotion, but as a public service announcement, you guys might want to go over on the civil war thread, Marvin and I have managed to get fc12whatever into a nice web about him being the guy who flagged all of our pretty girl pics last year.

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3452474/replies/67493074

thank you for sharing this. I am totally on board with this level of **** talking
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
astros4545 said:

Are you saying Pena is dating her?

I'm repeating what another poster mentioned previously.

And I believe that was the same guy whose wife is friends with her and got her to make a video saying hello Texags….thats a better source than Ketch to me
All I do is Nguyen
I will say this past week has felt more like the Astros baseball we've come accustomed to. Let's hope we can continue this style of play for the next 6-7 months
Buck Compton
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I will say this past week has felt more like the Astros baseball we've come accustomed to. Let's hope we can continue this style of play for the next 6-7 months
The squeeze was fun. Baseball is supposed to be fun. Team seems a bit looser, which is all they needed.
OKCAg2002
AG
It's a TINY sample size, but the team seems to be looser and playing better without Abreu being a black hole in the lineup.
Ag_07
AG
Connecting the dots from what nuggets ketch has dropped I'm getting the suspicion that Abreu wasn't just a burden in the lineup.

I'm getting the sense that his struggles weighed on the entire clubhouse. His rough start was more than baseball and the clubhouse was feeling that.

But hey...If 'Win it for Abreu' becomes our battle cry then I'm all for it.
texasaggie2015
AG
Ag_07 said:

Connecting the dots from what nuggets ketch has dropped I'm getting the suspicion that Abreu wasn't just a burden in the lineup.

I'm getting the sense that his struggles weighed on the entire clubhouse. His rough start was more than baseball and the clubhouse was feeling that.

But hey...If 'Win it for Abreu' becomes our battle cry then I'm all for it.

I just need to clear this up. I never implied that Abreu was a problem in the clubhouse or a reason for any issues in the clubhouse. I just don't want that rumor to go around with my name attached to it.

He's one of the best people in the game and he's universally loved by just about everyone he's played with. The vibes are better because the team is winning.
Mr.Bond
AG
White Sox
Rockies
Marlins all on pace for record setting years.....for losing. Sox have a -87 run differential!
redline248
AG
I took that as the poster saying Abreu's struggle was putting extra pressure on everyone to do more to help him out because they liked and cared for him so much.

But that's just my interpretation of his post
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah, no big deal either way. Just want to make sure I was clear so nothing gets misinterpreted

This is also what happens (and absolutely understandably so) when I have to be careful about giving too much info. Leaves a lot of dots to be connected.
gambochaman
AG
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6iKAzlMxJ-/?igsh=MWhrc2NmMDVid3kzNw==
Mathguy64
AG
I suspect this is mostly a case of "winning cures a lot a things".
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
in every clubhouse...it's important for the guys at the top of the payroll to play well

also...Espada has done a good job of handling the situation different than last year

i.e. working Singleton ($850k) into the rotation and benching/dropping ($20 MM) Abreu
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
There needs to be an Instagram video import method…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6jVw_YuNp2/?igsh=Njd4bnN4eDY4cmtm
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

The Tine baby
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

f1ghtintexasaggie

I'm no stranger to self promotion, but as a public service announcement, you guys might want to go over on the civil war thread, Marvin and I have managed to get fc12whatever into a nice web about him being the guy who flagged all of our pretty girl pics last year.

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3452474/replies/67493074

What a ***.
agdaddy04
AG
Okay, this quote needs to make it to the Jumbotron.
iamtheglove
Reminder: tonight's game is a 6pm start on Fox
RED AG 98
AG
This is what I said on 4/30 when we sent Jose to Palm Beach:
Quote:

I'm sure everyone on the team loves him as a person, but I have to think this has a pretty big positive effect in the clubhouse. If you've ever been unfortunate to work around good-meaning, well-intentioned dead weight, you know exactly what kind of boost a change like this can have. In many ways, it's more difficult than a bad performer that is not well liked. Anyway, I can dream.

(And all the best Abreu. I really hope he finds it and comes back here or wherever to light it up one more time. Absolutely zero ill will towards him as a person.)
It wasn't based on rumor or any inside baseball on the Astros. I have zero contacts; it just aligns with my experience in the corporate world and as a small business owner. Low performers drag an organization down, and it's much more challenging to do the right thing and make the change when the guy is well-liked. Not sure what others mean but that's definitely all I meant.
Ag_07
AG
Appreciate the clarification and yeah I by no means meant Abreu was a problem just that his struggles and where he was at was taking a toll on everyone.

Didn't mean to start the rumor mill.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Not gonna lie this is pretty cool
AgSportsFan89
AG
Ag_07 said:

Appreciate the clarification and yeah I by no means meant Abreu was a problem just that his struggles and where he was at was taking a toll on everyone.

Didn't mean to start the rumor mill.

Agreed. That is the impression I was getting as well.
GigEM96
Good to see the Stros working in Diaz, Arrighetti, and Loperfido.

Any chance we'll see Leon, Dezenzo, and/or Melton this season as well?

MaxPower
With injuries, all things are possible. Also depends on trades and where we are in the standings. If your primary interest is making the playoffs then you probably don't want to see them.
CFTXAG10
AG
Stolen from Facebook
EastCoastAgNc
AG
htxag09
AG
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this is the same time as before abreu was sent down, maybe slightly better, but really luckier.

We're still struggling with some of the same things. 9 hole gets lead off double and we can't bring him home, not scoring manfred runner, pressly got bailed out last night…

Speaking of pressly getting bailed out, you also had the rf and cf run into each other on what could have been a close play, a big error on a dumb pick off attempt, etc. Could have been a completely different game.

Then you have the fact that we scored 20 in 2 games in Mexico and abreu was still with the team.

This week has obviously been 1,000x time more fun than the first month. And the team is playing better, and more break are going our way, for sure.

Just not sure I'm following the mindset of acting like a switch has flipped since abreu left and this is a completely different team…..
redline248
AG

texasaggie2015
AG
0% chance for Melton. He still has a long way to go unfortunately. I'm not sure where Dezenzo is in his recovery. Leon is an interesting one. Nobody saw this surge coming from him.
FrioAg 00
AG

MaxPower said:

I think he is (or was) dating her.

That really puts in perspective the difference between pro athletes and the rest of us far more than the paycheck

Don't kid yourself. With the right paycheck you too could drive a similar model.
First Page Last Page
Page 481 of 940

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.