***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,215,747 Views | 59156 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Faustus
concac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maroon&Fight said:

I was at the game, and after we scored in the 8th inning we left and when my gf asked why I said because I don't wanna watch us blow a game in this god forsaken place. Do I have Astros BAS?
You're the reason we lost. Why even bother going to the game?
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Crane fired a GM after winning the world series. There's no reason he shouldn't go scorched earth after we miss the playoffs
The problem is the Crane/Bagwell idiotic contracts kind of left the new GM hamstrung with what kind of moves he could make. A) not a lot of prospect capital to bring in top notch bats, but more importantly, B) bringing in said top notch bats would push us into the 2nd luxury tax threshold which I'm sure Crane told Brown to avoid
Maroon&Fight
concac said:

Maroon&Fight said:

I was at the game, and after we scored in the 8th inning we left and when my gf asked why I said because I don't wanna watch us blow a game in this god forsaken place. Do I have Astros BAS?

Free tix thankfully. Like I said a couple days ago, this team is not worth paying money to see right now
Ag_07
AG
Maybe we should try NOT having a mound visit before a big AB.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Maybe Bregman should shut the hell up. Just because he knows how to strike out doesn't mean he knows how to strike batters out
Aggie8587
AG
Hitters 6 through 9 tonight:

0 for 15 with 10 Ks and 20 LOB….

These guys are SO so bad at the plate
Ags #1
AG
Don't think it really matters who crane fires. He will still be calling all the shots. Would anyone worth their weight in gold want to deal with that? And the roster isn't going to get much better next year, already have 50 mill tied up in guys who will not even play. This might be the start of the decline. Just gotta hope Tucker/jv can spark the team somehow
PoppaB05
AG
Ag_07 said:

Or at least stop telling the pitcher to announce their presence with authority
Ags #1
AG
20 lob????? Is that right?
BadAggie
AG
Ags #1 said:

11 LOB
1 for 9 RISP

Felt like 20 though
agproducer
AG
Flush it. Over it. Win the next two.

We are at the bottom on the sound right now. Hopefully, the upsetting won't come too late.
linkdude
AG
I'm numb to it, somehow. I'm sure things will get better tomorrow. New, frustrating ways to lose games will also happen in the future just as in the past. Such is the cycle of baseball.
Aggie8587
AG
Ags #1 said:

6 each for Meyers and Cabbage (both left bases loaded in the 8th and 10th), 4 for Dubon, 3 for Leon, 1 for Chas. Obviously individual stats and not team #s
BadAggie
AG
Southside has thrown down a challenge

tjack16
AG
BadAggie said:

Southside has thrown down a challenge

No doubt they'd beat us 2/3 right now
BadAggie
AG
Offense currently missing Tucker and whatever the $20 mil that Jose Abreu is using to buy his sixth house could've brought
fullback44
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Hitters 6 through 9 tonight:

0 for 15 with 10 Ks and 20 LOB….

These guys are SO so bad at the plate
They were bad, we won't many games with those 4 guys batting, atrocious
redline248
AG
I'm not sure how many games Jake has had the day off in this stretch, but he needs some more. He batted 6th tonight.

Cabbage had 4 runners left in scoring position in 2 ABs
BCEDAg
AG
Wow Dana once again your deadline deal for a relief pitcher completely looks like crap. A scrap heap pickup was the best you could do?
On top of that the offense can't deliver due to your inept attempts to find a decent bat to add to the batting order. Instead your willingness to keep Cabbage and A. Diaz on the roster magnifies a significant inability on your part to identify bench talent.
Espada - you screwed up bringing Hader in to pitch the 9th inning. Why not use Scott then bring Hader for the 10th?
BadAggie
AG
All the quotes by Espada regarding Tucker sound like the club is thinking he should be trying more

I couldn't imagine Espada saying that if he's that limited, just saying

It reads like 'we asked Kyle to join us in the outfield to see if he felt like playing again'

West Roxbury
Cabbage. Cabbage. Bring on more no name guys.
BadAggie
AG
Caratini should be playing full time

You need bats with a greater hope of making contact than what we have now

BCEDAg
AG
Maroon&Fight said:

concac said:

Maroon&Fight said:

Free tix thankfully. Like I said a couple days ago, this team is not worth paying money to see right now

I can't believe you actually admitted on this forum that you left so you wouldn't witness a loss. Definitely BAS
Maroon&Fight
If you combine Cabbage's power, Jake's defensive ability, Dubon's contact rate, and Chas' uppercut swing, you'd still have a sh***y baseball player
BadAggie
AG
Problem remains your stars

If 1-5 aren't producing then feels like they're getting a free pass by putting it all on 6-9
cc10106
Drew 6 walks tonight and still only managed to score 3 runs with 1 being a gift.

Scoring 4 or more runs once the last 8 games is reason for concern.
BadAggie
AG
JV back mid-August
Tucker back "late August"

Hope then is team can hang around until then

Current 3 game losing streak has seen the starters give up 4 runs total across those 3 games

JV return should be helpful but woof

We should be talking more about why the 1-5 batters haven't been producing during this offensive swoon

W
AG
6 walks + 3 HBP

9 free baserunners gifted by the Rangers
stoneca
Gotta win the next two. Stay within 3 of the Mariners til JV and Tucker come back and please don't let the rangers hang around the division race I can't handle that fan base.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie said:

All the quotes by Espada regarding Tucker sound like the club is thinking he should be trying more

It reads like 'we asked Kyle to join us in the outfield to see if he felt like playing again'

You have to wonder at this point if he's making "business decisions" because they won't give in to his extension demands. I'd seriously consider trading him this off-season if he's not gonna be extended. Get something useful for him. Send Presley somewhere where they want a closer and get some offensive hellp. Big changes are necessary.
W
AG
mind-blowing stat about Jake given on the radio broadcast tonight

70% of his at-bats begin 0-1 -- behind in the count

that's the worst / highest % of any major league hitter in 2024
EastCoastAgNc
AG
stoneca said:

Gotta win the next two. Stay within 3 of the Mariners til JV and Tucker come back and please don't let the rangers hang around the division race I can't handle that fan base.

This offense is not one bat away from being fixed. They are 8 bats, a new set of hitting coaches, and a different roster construction away right now, and they have been all year.
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

BadAggie said:

You have to wonder at this point if he's making "business decisions" because they won't give in to his extension demands. I'd seriously consider trading him this off-season if he's not gonna be extended. Get something useful for him. Send Presley somewhere where they want a closer and get some offensive hellp. Big changes are necessary.

Yep, time to move Tucker is now if not gonna extend

Also, Melton, Dezenzo, Whitcomb et al better be the real deal

BadAggie
AG
I've seen this team hit offensive dry spells and the fault always seems to lie somewhere other than the top 5 to 6 guys in the order.

You don't score 4 runs in 3 games without it being a total team accomplishment
BadAggie
AG
BCEDAg said:

Wow Dana once again your deadline deal for a relief pitcher completely looks like crap. A scrap heap pickup was the best you could do?
On top of that the offense can't deliver due to your inept attempts to find a decent bat to add to the batting order. Instead your willingness to keep Cabbage and A. Diaz on the roster magnifies a significant inability on your part to identify bench talent.
Espada - you screwed up bringing Hader in to pitch the 9th inning. Why not use Scott then bring Hader for the 10th?

Scott looked like he needed a breather after Saturday's appearance

First Page Last Page
Page 1303 of 1691

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.