*****Official 2023-2024 Texas Rangers Off-season Thread*****

318,321 Views | 3663 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Grapesoda2525
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MountainAg99 said:

Everyone is spatchcocking their Turkey!!

This is the way.
Roger Kint
AG
MountainAg99 said:

100%. Always.
caleblyn
We are in the DFW area for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow morning we are going to Globe Life!!!
AgBQ-00
AG
rbtexan said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Tksymm7 said:

I think we'll really know some of deGrom's future around June or July. He should be throwing a lot by then and getting ready for a rehab stent of some kind. If he's back hitting high 90's consistently, then I think you could expect him to be back to himself to some degree. But if he's not throwing with velo by then, I would start to get worried.
You guys should quit talking like it's a big IF. Tommy John surgery success rate is pretty effective now and he will have had damn near 2 years to heal. I'd be shocked if he doesn't come back ready to rock.
Your math is way off. deGrom had TJ in June of this year. 2 years will be June of '25. In August he'll be 14 months post surgery. By comparison, look how long it took LeClerc to get all the way back. Sure, he'll be able to throw/pitch by the end of next season, but he won't be fully healed and back to the Jacob deGrom we signed until spring of '25 at the earliest. Let's be realistic here.

I would not be surprised if DeGrom is sidelined all season. Being his 2nd TJ they may want to get as much runway as possible on his comeback
DallasAg 94
Happy Turkey Day.
alvtimes
Turkey day over, back to baseball! Where do Rangers start for Hader…. 3/60?
MountainAg99
AG
Hader, Ohtani….let's go shopping!!
MountainAg99
AG
Totally agree with you guys it's the way to cook it. The word is glorious though!
fc2112
Gee, our Off Season thread only at 700-odd posts while the Oxys thread has over 3000.

Well - their Off Season thread is quite a bit older.
caleblyn
Went out to Globe Life for some pics but GL decided to pick up all the Champs banners because they had 2023 on them and they are preparing for 2024. What!?!?! I was a little disappointed.
94chem
investorAg83 said:

MountainAg99 said:

This is the way.

22 lb turkey. Heck no. 2 hours at 325. 4 hours at 250. Million ways to mess something up, but if you want tender food, cook at low temperature and cover it. Oh, and I don't stuff the bird. I just make the Stovetop with drippings instead of water. KISS at my house.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Cappo
AG
Thankful for the Rangers

especially after seeing this coaching update tonight
fc2112
It's Saturday, so let's watch Adolis Garcia rip the Oxy's heart out while it's still beating.

GrapevineAg
AG
Watching that play, and then Jankowski's near-HR right after, it appears that some Astros players have the ad patch on the left sleeve and others have it on the right? Why? Is it based on how they bat (LH vs RH) so that it always faces the camera?
fc2112
GrapevineAg said:

Watching that play, and then Jankowski's near-HR right after, it appears that some Astros players have the ad patch on the left sleeve and others have it on the right? Why? Is it based on how they bat (LH vs RH) so that it always faces the camera?
Great catch - you're right. I was wondering why that logo was so ubiquitous.
GrapevineAg
AG
I'm just guessing - it was the only reason I could think of as to why it would be non-uniform. I've only seen the Astros when they're playing the Rangers, so dont have any insight.
Water Boy
AG
Who is the #1 guy we need to sign this offseason and why?
shack009
AG
Water Boy said:

Jordan Montgomery because he rules.
gigem1223
Water Boy said:

Ohtani. No explanation needed.
Hair God
AG
Mark Stoops.

Too soon?
Roger Kint
AG
Hair God said:

Mark Stoops.

Too soon?

Thank goodness that CY isn't incompetent like Bjork.
sburg2007
Any chance anyone has an extra ALCS pin they're willing to part with? I took my Astro lifer father in law and my ranger crazed four year old son to game 5. Wife is going to make a shadow box for her dad to commemorate spending a special afternoon with his grandson.

I've bought the commemorative ticket and need something else for to put in it.

Thanks ags!
Water Boy
AG
Too soon.
DallasAg 94
Sonny Gray to Cards 3yr/$75M

Looks like they are out on Monty, now?! Signed 3 SPs which is what was expected and what they needed. I think they wanted to move early and not wait for the escalation that might happen when teams fight over Ohtani and Yakamoto.

I think it also resets expectations for Monty, whose agent might be looking for more years.

So:
Quote:

Despite trading Montgomery, the Cardinals or Yankees could look to re-engage given their clear rotation needs. Montgomery certainly left a positive impression on the Rangers.

The Cubs, Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Mets, Orioles, Padres, Phillies, Red Sox, and Tigers also make some measure of sense.
Cards and Phillies should no longer be looking at Monty

I would be shocked if NYY was considered for anything more than driving the price. Hopefully Scherzer talked to him about the Mets and they too are only in it to drive the price.

I think it is down to the Dodgers, Red Sox, and Rangers, assuming the Rangers are willing to spend.

KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

TefIon Don said:

Nevermind, saw your answer about online orders for jerseys.

FYI: if you are looking to order a jersey to be shipped, call the Grand Slam Team Store. I called yesterday afternoon and was able to order a couple for my kids over the phone (adult sizes for college and high school kids... not sure if they have youth sizes). They are blank on the back, so you can pick whichever player/number you want ($20 extra). Or you could save a few bucks and just leave it blank on the back if you want.

ETA: these are WITH the patch, not just regular jerseys.

Update: these arrived a few days ago, so my kids are good to go now! Not sure why they quit taking phone orders, but thought I'd throw up a pic so yall knew I wasn't bs'ing.

KT 90
AG
Interesting. The MLB selects for you now, and Dawson wants his changed.

DallasAg 94
I hope Ohtani goes in as a Ranger
PatAg
AG

Just because
Water Boy
AG
Any chance the Rangers try to make a real move for Yamamoto?
Danny Vermin
I'll never get tired of seeing clips from us winning the World Series. I'm just now getting all the stuff ordered.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Let us not forget mother f****** Travis Jankowski. Dude came in after Adolis went down, played stud defense and got us some very clutch hits and RBI's to help close this thing out
South Platte
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2023/11/28/boston-red-sox-jordan-montgomery-free-agency/

What's the deal here? We couldn't hook his wife up with a dermatology residency in DFW or even Austin? Maybe this will be the worst winter on record in Boston and they will hate it.

He's about to get $100 million and she's worrying about treating acne and advocating for sun block?
GrapevineAg
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Let us not forget mother f****** Travis Jankowski. Dude came in after Adolis went down, played stud defense and got us some very clutch hits and RBI's to help close this thing out

Was thinking about this earlier… in a way, it was very fitting that we had a key player go down and a role player fill in well - it happened all season. And Jankowski's attitude is fantastic. Was happy to see him get a chance to contribute and make the most of it.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Y'all remember when we all wanted Jankowski DFA'd for turning around to watch the play at home instead of running to 1st base. I remember. And I was pissed at him that night. Glad none of us run the front office.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Danny Vermin
We also wanted to run Sborz out of town. Wtf do we know.
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.